Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I'd like my frunk to actually be locked if the truck is locked.

I just walked up to my locked truck and opened my frunk. I know they just added the ability to close your frunk if your truck is locked but I think the software has a bug since mine will open as well.
Did you have your phone on you? I've had a similar issue where the truck has opened the frunk but has left the doors locked, but it only happened when I had my phone. If I left my phone inside my house the frunk didn't open.

Unrelated, but I would like to see some refinements to when the camp speaker sleeps, if that can be done OTA. I have frequently found my phone connected to the camp speaker, and playing music, after I've parked in my garage and gone inside. This happens even when I haven't used or removed the camp speaker recently.
Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Would like to increase the font size on the screen.

CD4Complex

First Name
Quenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
App improvements:
- link to nav
- control of charging rate/ Amps
- more trip feedback to the app
- has anyone mentioned that obscure app. It’s called something like Apple Car Play, quite handy, apparently

other:
- yes, font size choices, duh. Or a telescope.
- navigation improvements (no, Rivian, it’s not legal to join the highway from the park and ride car park, but thanks for offering a short cut, I know I could have easily jumped the curb in off road mode)
- auto leveling
- kneel mode for small people… children are humans too, you know.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My compressor is also very loud when it really gets going on a hot day. Like "is there something wrong with my truck" loud. Like "I can feel the vibration with my foot" loud. I've had several people riding along with me ask me if it is normal. I'm going to ask Rivian service about it next week when they come to deliver my spare.
By the way - seems that the last OTA update fixed this issue. I can hear it kick on, but it seems like it has been calibrated down to not quite get to full power, which is much nicer.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

OLD SCHOOL SIDE VIEW MIRROR DIP WHEN IN REVERSE!!! I don't want to tap the screen for cameras, alternate view and then start backing up... Simple request Rivian

A clock on the Top left or divers display would be great too. The far right is hardly visible

Sponsored

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Reposition the 'now playing, next, previous' graphic to the driver's side of the big screen. Less reach to get to that would be a big improvement.
Is there anything you want to do besides change track or pause/play? That's easily accomplished with the steering wheel and still leaves it within reach of the passenger. I think it would be nice to be an option on the other side, but please Rivian do not reposition it for everyone!

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Is there anything you want to do besides change track or pause/play? That's easily accomplished with the steering wheel and still leaves it within reach of the passenger. I think it would be nice to be an option on the other side, but please Rivian do not reposition it for everyone!
Exactly, it was deliberately placed on the right side because it's for the passenger, not the driver, and the left side of screens like the map are where they put driver information so it would be a mess to have it on that side.

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Is there anything you want to do besides change track or pause/play? That's easily accomplished with the steering wheel and still leaves it within reach of the passenger...

My guess is they have it on that side for the passenger, since the driver already has a steering wheel control for most things. The repeat and shuffle controls are only available on that panel, though.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

OLD SCHOOL SIDE VIEW MIRROR DIP WHEN IN REVERSE!!! I don't want to tap the screen for cameras, alternate view and then start backing up... Simple request Rivian

A clock on the Top left or divers display would be great too. The far right is hardly visible
It’s coming.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I'd like the chime for enabling or disabling Driver+ to either not be as intrusive (no need to turn down audio volume for these chimes) or to be selectable so that it can be turned off. I have the visuals on the screen to see if it is on or off, I don't need everyone in the truck to hear it. Every time I change a lane my wife and kids are asking "what's that sound for". Now maybe they should learn, but also it seems unnecessary.

On a similar vein, in the absence of automatic lane changes, allow Driver+ to be disabled temporarily when you put on your turn signal to change lanes, and then resume when you are established in the next lane. That alone would eliminate a bunch of chiming.

Sponsored

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
I somehow just now realized that Rivians don't have SiriusXM. WTF?? I thought all new cars do (new, meaning like 2012s and on). That's about all I listen to other than the music on my phone and SD cards. Do Rivians have SD card slots - can't find info with quick Google search? I'd be shocked if they don't...$80k "future" car w/o SDs?? (My Audi and Tundra each have 2) If not, that's a major double bummer with the XM thing. Guess I'll just be listening to SiriusXM via phone app. It will save me money on another subscription, but still...phone app listening is obviously vastly different than having it "on board".

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
I somehow just now realized that Rivians don't have SiriusXM. WTF?? I thought all new cars do (new, meaning like 2012s and on). That's about all I listen to other than the music on my phone and SD cards. Do Rivians have SD card slots - can't find info with quick Google search? I'd be shocked if they don't...$80k "future" car w/o SDs?? (My Audi and Tundra each have 2) If not, that's a major double bummer with the XM thing. Guess I'll just be listening to SiriusXM via phone app. It will save me money on another subscription, but still...phone app listening is obviously vastly different than having it "on board".
Just access it through Apple Car Play — problem solved.
;)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
There is no SD card slot.

The infotainment system does support a data connection to the USB-C ports in the center console... So perhaps music playback off of a thumb drive will be supported in a future OTA update. But currently there is no such support.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
There is no SD card slot.

The infotainment system does support a data connection to the USB-C ports in the center console... So perhaps music playback off of a thumb drive will be supported in a future OTA update. But currently there is no such support.
Wow, that sucks. How the hell did they miss that one?
Sponsored