Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

S00n.

Interestingly, we have been seeing a leak of what is included a few days beforehand for the last few releases in a row now. To date, I don't see one for the upcoming release.
At this point I'm certain that Rivian won't deliver camp mode before our trip next weekend. I'm sad.
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I just want my phone as a key to work every time. It only opens the car about 50% of the time right now. I am going to restart the car and phone again today and see if it will work better.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I just want my phone as a key to work every time. It only opens the car about 50% of the time right now. I am going to restart the car and phone again today and see if it will work better.
I've heard going through the pairing process again will make it more reliable but I don't really understand the reasoning that it would.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Almost got locked out of the truck today. I had to dig out the key card (which I luckily had on me). Blazing hot, son throwing a tantrum...and I couldn't get the truck to unlock with my proximity or within the app

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Almost got locked out of the truck today. I had to dig out the key card (which I luckily had on me). Blazing hot, son throwing a tantrum...and I couldn't get the truck to unlock with my proximity or within the app
yeah same (minus kid) but just trying to get in to my stupid car. I hate the fact that there are 4 different ways to get in to your car and they all kind of suck.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
One implementation for this could be like Tesla's "roll" option. Essentially, it's the standard 1 pedal down to about 6mph. Anything below that and it coasts like you're in neutral. It doesn't differentiate between reverse and drive though.
Thanks. The "roll" options sounds like what I would want for reverse, but I have no problems with drive. It seems when I'm backing up and hit a bump, my foot releases the pedal and the truck just stops. I've got the drive part pretty well figured out, but still have problems in reverse. Maybe I'll get used to it.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Thanks. The "roll" options sounds like what I would want for reverse, but I have no problems with drive. It seems when I'm backing up and hit a bump, my foot releases the pedal and the truck just stops. I've got the drive part pretty well figured out, but still have problems in reverse. Maybe I'll get used to it.
I've noticed this, too. Not sure what it is about going backwards, but it seems harder to adjust to OPD in reverse.

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is it just me, or when you get in the car is gear guard up every single damn time with a 30s clip of you walking up to the car and getting in? Then you hop in put it in Drive and you get the little notification that you have to be in park to review videos that you have to dismiss, and then gear guard is taking up a spot on the dock that would normally have your preferred app, and it's in gear guard instead of music or whatever?

Not a big deal, but it's getting annoying.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is it just me, or when you get in the car is gear guard up every single damn time with a 30s clip of you walking up to the car and getting in? Then you hop in put it in Drive and you get the little notification that you have to be in park to review videos that you have to dismiss, and then gear guard is taking up a spot on the dock that would normally have your preferred app, and it's in gear guard instead of music or whatever?

Yes, that happens to me. Rivian has said that will be fixed in a future OTA (not sure if it's the "next" one.... but sOOn)

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I repeat. CarPlay, I can do without anything else. Please!
Yea let’s not continue with turning every thread into a never ending discussion on car play. Don’t be that guy.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Speaking of which, the vehicle should really ignore/delete any gear guard trigger that is immediately followed by an unlock. If I get moving fast enough, I get gear guard videos that even include my driving because it still records a full clip even after I've unlocked and started to drive.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

How long does it normally take for an update to be pushed out? I'm still showing 2022.23.5 as the latest update

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
How long does it normally take for an update to be pushed out? I'm still showing 2022.23.5 as the latest update
I believe they roll it out in blocs over the course of a week or two
Sponsored