Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Stop the random single pass of the windshield wiper when shifting from Park to Reverse or Drive......turned off auto wiper, still does it randomly....am I missing something?
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Let me manually select HIGH mode when in All Purpose and leave it alone!! It auto drops at 50-55mph. Maybe its a tire wear thing?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Let me manually select HIGH mode when in All Purpose and leave it alone!! It auto drops at 50-55mph. Maybe its a tire wear thing?
CV joints. Greater angle = greater wear.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Stop the random single pass of the windshield wiper when shifting from Park to Reverse or Drive......turned off auto wiper, still does it randomly....am I missing something?
Mine has just started this today

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just curious - I know you have auto turned off, but the times it happens, is your windshield pretty dirty or covered in dust?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Just curious - I know you have auto turned off, but the times it happens, is your windshield pretty dirty or covered in dust?
Perfectly clean.....

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Not sure if we’re just talking into the void here… Does anybody know if any Rivian Software team employees frequent this forum?

Major annoyances I want addressed ASAP:
  1. My truck WILL NOT EVER seem to remember my bluetooth preferences, which are to only play media audio and not connect to calls at all, since it does a terrible job with that and screws up my siri. I almost always have an airpod in for calls, especially since the mic fidelity is very hit or miss (according to people on the other end). Most annoyingly, if I walk by the truck or go to grab something in it while on a call (which I often do during the work day), it will hijack my call and I have to try as quickly as I can to swap audio back to my airpod, or explain to people why they cut out for a few seconds, often having to ask them to repeat whatever they were saying. Why, oh why can’t it remember this setting?
  2. Option to NOT turn HVAC on until a human is in one of the seats and/or all doors are closed. It is SOOOOO loud outside when it kicks on on a hot day, and I often find myself having a conversation with someone, get too close to the truck (or I go to grab something/show them features of the truck), and then the HVAC starts ripping, which is honestly louder than a lot of ICE vehicles at idle.
  3. Ability to drag music player to the left side… Or default it (and other things) to be closer to drivers fingers, which just seems very obvious.
  4. Clock should be either left or center, but definitely not all the way over in the right corner and tiny. I have 29 y/o 20/15 vision and still find it distractingly small/out of the way to read the time.
  5. Ability to pin a few more items to the “dock.” Fan speed shouldn’t require multiple taps, and such tiny buttons. I think it should be a slider that pops off of a dedicated dock item.
  6. A left dock with customizable quick-access buttons.
  7. Dog mode seems to not follow the actual temp setting. I have come back to it below 60º many times. I have had the app tell me it is 57º when I’ve set it to 70º! I don’t even know if that‘s true, but it’s a waste of energy. Our dog seems happy every time we get back, but I’m pretty sure that’s just a dog thing, and she’d be just as happy at the set temp of 70º 😂
  8. Ability to pin/save locations on the map to return to later. If they can’t give us CarPlay (which is not acceptable, in my opinion, but more on that later, and I know it’s been beat to death already), at least give us some cool differentiating features. It would be awesome to be able to bring up a personal list of swimming holes, trailheads, views, foraging spots, etc. that I’ve saved over time.
Wishlist items:
  1. CarPlay, CarPlay, CarPlay! And I guess Android Auto, though that wouldn’t apply to me. I don’t care what the supposed rationale for why it’s not necessary is—it’s wrong! If people don’t like it, they don‘t have to use it, but this omission significantly reduces the quality of my experience with this truck. I am almost at the point of disconnecting my phone entirely due to bugginess and my truck’s unwillingness to remember my preferences to never take over my calls since the quality sucks most of the time for the listener on the other end. If it were really slick, it would know not to take over a call until I’m sitting in the seat, but even then, I would only want that sometimes, and can always choose to myself rather than it being a default (all non-issues if it had carplay).
  2. Ability to geo-assign driving modes. I work at a compost company and would like to be in Rally mode when driving around on-site (it is most comfortable and doesn’t have proximity sensors that go off anytime I’m near anything, which gets annoying when you know what you’re driving near). I have also found Rally mode to be most comfortable for my 8-month pregnant partner on our bombed out VT back roads and over the two speed bumps leading up to our condo parking spot (she agrees), but she needs lowest mode to comfortably get in and out, so I usually throw it in conserve right after the speed bumps to quickly drop it before parking. I then have to remember to throw it in Rally while pulling away, or else the speed bumps throw her (us) around aggressively due to it still being in lowest mode if I forget. A kneel when parked mode would fix this, but I would also like to be able to assign conserve for various blacktop roads, and then throw it in Rally for our rough back roads and then select an option when I switch it the first time for it to remember and do so again next time I get there.
  3. I would LOVE to have a rear-wheel drive conserve mode (and drift mode, for that matter). I have had multiple times where I forget to get out of conserve mode, and spin out on steeper dirt driveways with loose gravel/dry dirt. Rear wheel drive would have much better grip in these situations, and would be a lot more fun with stability turned off (for those of us who know how to steer with our right foot). I don’t like the tendency for plowing/understeer feel when in conserve on loose surfaces. I realize this is probably not how the truck is intended to be driven in conserve mode, but most of the time on-road in the summer I don’t need all 4 motors going, and I’d rather send that power to the rear when the going isn’t rough.
  4. More information/customization options for speedometer screen. I think off-road modes could have inclinometers, torque distribution information, and potentially other cool things I haven’t thought of. I think conserve mode could have some more information about efficiency, and possibly “gamify” energy conservation/range improvement. I also wish it had some of the infomation Tesla has that graphs out projected range based on current energy consumption.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Shoot me, but I desire an "All-In" 1/4 Mile Mode. Limit power application after launch with a 12 second timer, then reduce power accordingly(factor in all other associated details, battery and motor temps., etc.)

Last edited:

R1Thrilled

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T El Cap, 20" AT
Are we expecting an OTA update this week? I think it has been roughly 4 weeks since the last one so it would be cool to see that timing continue.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Are we expecting an OTA update this week? I think it has been roughly 4 weeks since the last one so it would be cool to see that timing continue.
S00n.

Interestingly, we have been seeing a leak of what is included a few days beforehand for the last few releases in a row now. To date, I don't see one for the upcoming release.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I would like a plain cruise control, that doesn't rely on the sensors, in addition to what we have now. Too many times, I've had to stop and clean the sensors. Sometimes that doesn't even work.

I would also like for the cruise control we have now, to regulate the speed based on speed limit signs recognition, if we choose.

Add a resume speed.

Eliminate 1 pedal driving in reverse.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Eliminate 1 pedal driving in reverse.
One implementation for this could be like Tesla's "roll" option. Essentially, it's the standard 1 pedal down to about 6mph. Anything below that and it coasts like you're in neutral. It doesn't differentiate between reverse and drive though.
Sponsored