Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
FYI, this was intentional by Rivian, and they will be tweaking over time.

From the horse's mouth (VP of Software):

This is currently by design. We apply a safety margin of ~5% in the speed shown on display. We will apply a tighter margin in future OTA updates.

Note that this only impacts the speedo, and does not impact the internal vehicle electronic units, which use the actual vehicle speed.
I also learned over my last road trip that the R1T won't let you use ACC or Driver+ above 85MPH. Wasn't ideal for me as the speed limit through 130 south of Austin is 85MPH, but I was actually only doing like 80MPH since the spedometer is a bit off (verified with Waze which obviously there's a margin of error there too).

I disabled ACC and Driver+ and drove 90MPH according to the spedo, even though I was only actually doing ~85MPH.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Put a Fan Speed icon on the main page lower line to easily raise and lower it, much like the Temp icons. Its so frustrating having to hit the little icon to bring up the environment control panel and then struggle... I mean STRUGGLE! to pick those tiny itty-bitty dots that turn it up and down. Talk about having to take your eyes off the road to do something so frequently. Yes there's probably a voice-activated way to do it la-de-da. I'm too old-school to talk to my vehicle. 👴
You don't like the AUTO option?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

JabbaMac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R, Subaru Outback, Vanagon
Put a Fan Speed icon on the main page lower line to easily raise and lower it, much like the Temp icons. Its so frustrating having to hit the little icon to bring up the environment control panel and then struggle... I mean STRUGGLE! to pick those tiny itty-bitty dots that turn it up and down. Talk about having to take your eyes off the road to do something so frequently. Yes there's probably a voice-activated way to do it la-de-da. I'm too old-school to talk to my vehicle. 👴
I totally agree. They need to move the defroster toggles into the climate screen and add the fan speed icon. I adjust the fan speed all the time, but I haven't had to use the defroster yet.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

Some items I'd still like to see addressed:

fixes:
- Intermittent audio loss still happening on all sources
- better bluetooth music continuation logic so I can continue an audio and also don't have a dead play button which is what happens all the time
- better proximity detection in areas with poor cell reception
- frunk sensor malfunction (hasn't happened to me yet but it seems very common)
- auto-leveling logic is still very wonky

features:
- dashcam please!
- better music integration in general
- more efficient use of screen space
- ability to lock screen functions onto the doc like GM cars

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I totally agree. They need to move the defroster toggles into the climate screen and add the fan speed icon. I adjust the fan speed all the time, but I haven't had to use the defroster yet.
Defroster being immediately accessible is likely a safety thing.

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

If you have Alexa enabled you can just say "Alexa fan speed 7", etc. But Jeff Bezos will get a report on how much fan speed you prefer. Not sure what he will do with it but be warned....😁

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I would like to have mountain bike trail heads on the maps. Searching in navigation hasn't found either of the places I normally go. These aren't out of the way places. It is common to see 20+ cars at each parking lot.
I know it's not integrated into the UI, but the Trail Forks app is 5 star for mountain bike trail map locations and descriptions from users

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Are people not concerned with premature failures if the vehicle is constantly doing full lift/drop cycles?

I've noticed the last OTA did add some "kneel" functionality to the R1T. If I open the front trunk then the R1T automatically drops a couple inches. I don't like it! I wish they'd give me a toggle so I can turn it off.
So how come you want an “option” for your desires, but people who desire an option to coast vs regen are “uncool”? :)

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So how come you want an “option” for your desires, but people who desire an option to coast vs regen are “uncool”? :)
Actually, I think NOT offering the "crouch mode" at all would be more analogous to the coast/regen debate :)

But to answer your question more seriously: I understand that some people are short, so I see the point of crouch-mode for them. This isn't an issue of being closed-minded or afraid of change/improvement. This is just addressing the reality that we're all physically different. Regen is simply superior, and no one has yet articulated a reason in that thread for why disabling it in all-purpose drive mode is necessary, other than "that's the way cars in the 1950's did it, so don't move my cheese because change is too hard for my brain".

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

In the Handmaid’s Tale, “Freedom From” is the better option, but I still prefer “Freedom To”, despite what Aunt Lydia says.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Bingo!!!

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Ability to turn off one-pedal. I have a foot tremor and it gets worse keeping constant pedal pressure. Surely other ailments have similar issues.

My wifes XC40 recharge offers it. It should absolutely be an option in the Rivian (and I remind my guide frequently).

luriaj

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Datsun 269Z
Small and not super important...but I'd like the time on the center display. Just to the left of the icon at the bottom that shows you which driving mode you are in. I think looking all the way over to the far left of the center screen to see the time is less than optimal.
Sponsored