Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but I would really like the interior tailgate release to either disable itself based on the parking sensors, or to give a warning and require a second tap to release the tailgate when the sensors detect close proximity to something. I’m nervous about letting anyone mess around with the screen while parked in my garage because if they release the tailgate it will slam into my metal storage cabinets.

Other than that, the only thing I’ve noticed thus far is that I would really like integrated Apple Music, but that is definitely not a new suggestion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Now that we've gotten the latest update; I feel like need to repost:

High priority (for me at least):
  • Fixing the AC Vent bug
  • Fixing the seat positioning bug
  • Addressing a variety of bugs in the Alexa integration
  • Better app integration, with better climate controls, gear guard access, etc.
  • More accuracy from the speedometer
Lower priority (My 'would likes'):
  • Upon door opening the seat retracts for easier entry/exit.
    • Kneel Mode
  • Lane changes while using Driver +
  • Hands Free Driver + using cabin cam
  • ala TESLA, when your turn signal is activated, a pop up video of your blind spot on the instrument cluster.
  • Dash Cam
  • Better phone integration for readings texts while driving
Low priority (my "it would be neat if's'):
  • YouTube/Netflix integration
  • Custom charge set points
  • Better charge curves
  • Ability to connect camp speaker to onboard audio

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I'd like the ability to set a remaining range at a destination (similar to what is available in ABRP). There are some trips I take where I won't get a chance to charge until the return trip so it would be nice to build a buffer in for the trip to the destination.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Round trips would be nice. Leave to a destination with the return trip figured into the equation on where and when to charge.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I'd love the following distance for Driver+ to be remembered instead of reverting to the largest distance every drive.

Sponsored

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'd love to know what it actually thinks the cabin interior temperature is on the climate control panel.

When I kick on Pet Mode, the screen will tell me what it thinks the interior temperature is, but I don't know otherwise.

I want this because, I never really know if this thing is going to keep blasting AC for a bit or not, or what. Like "hey, I like this current temperature, let's set the system for that". Wait, what the hell is the current cabin temperature? Press the button to move the temp a bit, notice no change, say screw it and just turn the fan down in the settings.

I can't just set it to one temperature and forget it because if the sun is coming in through the windshield or driver side window and I'm getting a lot of heat directly on my body I want more air flow, which means lower temperature setting than when it's not.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
When I kick on Pet Mode, the screen will tell me what it thinks the interior temperature is, but I don't know otherwise.
Does it, though? I think it's just showing what the HVAC is set to -- not what the actual temperature is.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
As I’m heading up to Canada soon, I was searching for a way to change the speedometer to kmh/kph, and discovered that you can’t.

So, new request for the next OTA, let us switch the truck over to metric! Or at least have it do it automatically when we cross the border

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
As I’m heading up to Canada soon, I was searching for a way to change the speedometer to kmh/kph, and discovered that you can’t.

So, new request for the next OTA, let us switch the truck over to metric! Or at least have it do it automatically when we cross the border
Already on the roadmap to allow swiching all units to imperial as well as change languages.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Already on the roadmap to allow swiching all units to imperial as well as change languages.
Oh! Well, that’s good to know! Glad the Rivian software devs are on it

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Does anyone think the AC behavior is not great in the Rivian? Outside of the lowest fan speed, it’s way too loud.

But more on the software front, I don’t think the auto control works well. It will blast on high for a while when you get in, and if you bump the temp up, it won’t lower the fan speed, but instead, turn off the AC but continue blowing warm air hard. I hope this is just something they need to tweak in software and not something wrong with the HVAC hardware.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Does anyone think the AC behavior is not great in the Rivian? Outside of the lowest fan speed, it’s way too loud.

But more on the software front, I don’t think the auto control works well. It will blast on high for a while when you get in, and if you bump the temp up, it won’t lower the fan speed, but instead, turn off the AC but continue blowing warm air hard. I hope this is just something they need to tweak in software and not something wrong with the HVAC hardware.
This is not my experience. I set to 71-72. It ramps up the AC compressor hard, and the fan is low at first. Once the compressor is at operating speed/pressure, the pump dials it back a bit and the fan kicks in (takes about a min. or so). When the cabin cools, the fan drops in speed pretty significantly, but this does take a good amount of time (~15 min.) depending on the actual cabin temps.
Sponsored