Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
- We are strongly in favor of the ability to assign (by ourselves) key cards to users. As I understand it, once they are set they can't be changed? I have an email request in for help with this but haven't heard back, and this seems like a flaw in the plan.
(Has anyone found a way around this?)

- While charging with an L1 plug, it doesn't seem like anything is being added to the battery. It sits there for hours at the same % that it starts at. Is the truck using the entire kW for something (battery conditioning, e.g.)?

- The Rivian app on our phones uses a lot of the phone battery - would be great if this could get optimized better.
Curious what you hope to gain by assigning key cards to specific users? From what I know, there is nothing to gain and they may as well be anonymous. They don't automatically trigger any in vehicle settings, those are all controlled through the profiles menu that you have to manually change between. Perhaps Rivian could tell you what key (assigned to whom) opened/operated the vehicle at a specific time, but that's all I can think of.

Yes, the cooling system uses quite a bit of power, making any kind of low power charging just a treading water exercise essentially. You really need to charge at least at 240v and 32amps to get any appreciable net charge rate. I made a thread about this.

I've found that activating cabin conditioning will use a lot of power, oftentimes because that action times out. However, when not using this feature a lot, my app is only contributing about 5% or less to may daily battery use on my iphone. My current 24 hour reading is 3%. However, I went out of town and was using that more often and I had a 24 hour usage figure of 54% at one point. I would have also been using proximity features more often in that as well, since it is set to off at home. So, all that to say, the app in it's base state is not a significant power draw, however some of it's features can be when used.
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Curious what you hope to gain by assigning key cards to specific users? From what I know, there is nothing to gain and they may as well be anonymous. They don't automatically trigger any in vehicle settings, those are all controlled through the profiles menu that you have to manually change between. Perhaps Rivian could tell you what key (assigned to whom) opened/operated the vehicle at a specific time, but that's all I can think of.
Phone keys are tied to profile and currently (when working) automatically loads the profile and seat/mirror positions. Assigning physical cards would, in theory, allow for the same functionality.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
Yeah, definitely not just when in Park. When I come home, I often wish I just had to P, exit vehicle and then it would shut it off. However, I have to lock it to tell it to shut it all down. That being said, there are times out and about, when you jump out to run in a store, leave your family inside, and you want that behavior (to say on in P and unlocked). Speaking of which, I've never had this scenario, but if you are only using the PAAK, and you do that, will it proximity lock when you go away, and thus shut things down? Or does it know there are people still in the vehicle and leaves AC on? Perhaps the seat belts being fastened as we know is the trigger to remain on, but it could also use seat sensors which would be even better in case passengers want to take them off if it's going to be a little while.

So, maybe the solution is just a geotag for Home, to know that when you put it in P and exit the vehicle (driver and passenger no longer detected in seats), it knows you're done and shuts it all down.
Yeah I don't fully know exactly what climate behavior I want, I just know that manually shutting down climate every time I am in/out/around the vehicle can be a little annoying. The ability to customize Accessory behaviors/timeouts would probably work best for all.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not factoring the talk in the Easter egg thread - aren't we getting to be about 4 weeks? Maybe close to a new release
They're later than their deliveries were through 2022.19. The updates were on a 4 week release internally, so you would have expected the next internal version would be 2022.23. But we are now in week 26. I'm definitely a little curious to see this next version number and if they start pushing them out less frequently.

Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Yeah I don't fully know exactly what climate behavior I want, I just know that manually shutting down climate every time I am in/out/around the vehicle can be a little annoying. The ability to customize Accessory behaviors/timeouts would probably work best for all.
Well the manual shut down is really just locking the vehicle. And even if you don't, it will shut off in a couple minutes, you can just do it immediately with a lock. This is all assuming now occupants or keys still in the vehicle (or seatbelts buckled).

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Phone keys are tied to profile and currently (when working) automatically loads the profile and seat/mirror positions. Assigning physical cards would, in theory, allow for the same functionality.
Hmm, I'll have to try. I did notice in a 6 month review from Iwantatesla that when he opened the door and was entering the vehicle, the profile menu automatically slid out from the left side of the screen. Is this also something you experience?

I only set up my wife's PAAK yesterday, and she still hasn't driven, so haven't actually tried it yet. I was only going off what the delivery person told us, that you had to manually change.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm, I'll have to try. I did notice in a 6 month review from Iwantatesla that when he opened the door and was entering the vehicle, the profile menu automatically slid out from the left side of the screen. Is this also something you experience?

I only set up my wife's PAAK yesterday, and she still hasn't driven, so haven't actually tried it yet. I was only going off what the delivery person told us, that you had to manually change.
Not sure I've noticed the flyout, but I can't see the screen when I approach the truck, and the restore is done before I open the door most times. It has been buggy, in my experience. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but an infotainment reset usually gets it working again. And lumbar never restores. Even manually.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Not sure I've noticed the flyout, but I can't see the screen when I approach the truck, and the restore is done before I open the door most times. It has been buggy, in my experience. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but an infotainment reset usually gets it working again. And lumbar never restores. Even manually.
Timestamp 1:55. It looked like it didn't spring out until he sat in the seat.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I have noticed that if I manually switch profiles, the AC settings (i.e. vent locations) don't change. Other than the seat position, that's the other thing that should change I'd think. Do yours?

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Timestamp 1:55. It looked like it didn't spring out until he sat in the seat.

Nope. Never seen it function like that. That flyout only shows if I move something. Maybe he hit the seat adjustment with his off-camera hand?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have noticed that if I manually switch profiles, the AC settings (i.e. vent locations) don't change. Other than the seat position, that's the other thing that should change I'd think. Do yours?
They do not. 99.99% sure they don't for anybody.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
FWIW, Rivian Service told me that PAAK is not IOS16 compatible at this time, which is why I can't stay paired. Seems like a convenient answer, but who knows.
Sponsored