Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Address Rivian‘s number one Achilles heel: Parasitic and idle power consumption.

A company-wide culture change is needed to implement a “war on power consumption”.
This is definitely not Rivian's #1 Achille's heel.
Sponsored

Steve Meister

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
I love my truck but have a few frustrations....

For me the camp speaker is flaky, doesn't always charge, sometimes the battery status shows on the UI, sometimes not. Was mowing a few days ago, wearing bluetooth noise reduction headphones, every time I passed by my truck in the garage, the bluetooth would switch from my headphones to the camp speaker which was in the truck in its slot.

CarPlay. The onboard navigation just isn't reliable enough. Its useful in the absence of of anything else, the satellite view is neat, but the usefulness doesn't compare to google, apple, waze. Its incomplete (perhaps not current?) for chargers, I need to use other programs to have confidence I know the best charging options. The routing gave me fits trying to route to an airport passenger terminal recently, kept sending me to a cargo terminal or something else. Couldn't just type in CLT Passenger Terminal. Too may speed limits are missing. Sometimes doesn't recognize if an interection has an early right turn loop that bypasses the main intersection. Routes in my area are suboptimal relative to Apple, google, waze, and the UI sometimes hangs up calculating a route even though I'm in urban areas where cell signal should be strong. Also want access to other apps on the UI screen, Audible, MLB, the podcast apps I use, etc

I'd like the truck to lower itself automatically (geofencing) when I get close to my driveway or garage for easy in and out. A "one click" option on the UI and phone app to lower would be great also.

Would like to access gear guard videos from my phone.

I would like a "one click" option on my phone to turn on/off auto lock unlock when I (my phone) am near the truck, and optional geofencing, that turns it off in my garage, and on when I am away from home.

Not sure this could be fixed, but 110V charging doesnt' work as well as I'd expect. Best I can get is ~ 1.4 miles per hour added even though I know I am feeding 12-15 amps by my power meter. Sometimes I can plug in, amps are going to the the truck when I check with a meter, but range never increases. I need to start the charging using the charging scheduler on the truck's UI to get 110V charging to work halfway reliably. Seems like I should be able to get 3 miles/ hour range being added to my truck battery. Someday, somewhere, I'm going to need to use 110V charging in an emergency and I'm not confident it will work.

Steve Meister

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
1. A less flakey bluetooth connection. sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, and pretty frustrating when it is raining outside
2. Somebody had a name for it, but having the truck go to lowest setting when parked.
3. Air vents that keep their setting.
4. A key fob like my wife's honda. when you get close to the car, the fob unlocks the door. when you walk away, the fob locks the door. no phone required
5. Weren't we supposed to get a wrist band thingy?
6. Nav waypoints
7. A spare tire, still waiting for the one I ordered with the truck.

I still think this vehicle is incredible. The ability to build a team to engineer and manufacture such a vehicle is awesome.

cc4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2018 Challenger Hellcat
I'd like the cooled/heated seats to keep the last setting used or turn on based upon temps like my hellcat did. Above 80 the cooled seats were auto on and below 40 the heated seats were auto on.
Definitely this, one of my favorite features.

Also, have the volume adjustment be on the LEFT side of the screen, or configurable. If I want to quickly lower the volume and the wheel is turned, I have a tough time knowing which wheel control I should be using and it what direction. Could be a me problem though.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Already there my dude.
Thanks.......I do realize the current speed limit, for the highway, is shown on the dash, along with your driving speed.

My suggestion is for automatically changing the Cruise Control, to match the posted speed limit sign, if the driver wants it that way. Ford does this as well as Tesla I believe, and will allow you to set an adjustment in mph above/below the posted speed.

This comes in handy, for me, when approaching city limits and school zones, if your Cruise Control is active. It will automatically adjust your speed to match the posted Speed Limit sign. Currently, it only shows the highway speed limit on the dash, but does not control your speed automatically.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Perhaps @cc84 means, “…and adjusts speed to match while using ACC/D+”?
Correct. Adjust the speed to match the posted speed limit sign.

CyklopsPDX

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Audi Q5, 2017 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Engineer
I'd love to see the speedometer calibrate itself with the NAV system. I have the 21" wheels/tires and my indicated speed is about 5% high. This matches Kyle's speedometer issues on the 20" rims (well documented in his range videos). I was hoping that the issue was the wheels, but no.

It is a clear 5%, so there is a factor mis-set somewhere in the rpm-to-distance calculation. At 40mph it is a 2mph delta, at 60 it is 3mph.

I suppose there may be legal issues with odometers (which I assume are connected to the speedometer system) but as it is, my R1T is 'aging' 5% faster than it really is.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
  • PAAK reliability improvements. Currently great at locking, and terrible at unlocking
  • Key fob should automatically unlock the truck on approach (shouldn't this be easy?)
  • Snow mode
  • Dash cam with constant recording
  • One press garage door opening/closing
  • Ability to set preferred profile - When wife and I both get into the truck at the same time, it frequently sets the seat etc to her profile, even though I'm the one driving, and despite me being listed as the primary driver
  • Please - just leave the vents where I had them set last time I got out of the car. I beg you
  • Texting/Voice-to-Text/Reading of texts audibly
  • AA/CP - has this already been mentioned :)
  • Auto-Park distance automation. Ok, hear me out. My garage is tight. Would love to have a setting that allows me to set a distance to the front bumper when I'm pulling in to my garage, where the truck automatically stops when I'm within X inches of the wall. User defines X.
  • Ability to set and customize charging levels from the App
Truly love the truck - but I'm all for trying to make it even better.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
For all the PAAK comments, I'd inquire the following:

• Are you leaving any other keys inside the vehicle? I left the FOB in the center console for a day and noticed it wrecked the performance of PAAK. Taking it out, everything is fine.
  • When they had that snafu with wiping vehicles from people's accounts and losing the PAAK functionality, they also pushed an update to allow the App to "Always" have location services enabled. Previously the highest level of access you could allow was "While using the App", which meant if it wasn't running in the background it would not function properly. This is why some have reported having to pull the phone out and wake it or open the app to get it to work. With the new permission, the app doesn't need to be running in the background and the functionality should work "Always". Note: this wasn't an IOS system prompt to allow this permission, there was a dedicated app generated screen noting this new permission and allowing you to approve it. I got it a few hours after the phone snafu.

My has worked flawlessly (outside of when the FOB was in console), though certainly sometimes it will unlock with perfect timing and sometimes it's what I'd consider a second or two late, but that's nitpicking. It's never failed to unlock at all, or longer than a couple seconds after arriving at the vehicle. It locks at varying timing/distance as well, but always within what I'd consider a reasonable distance/time.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
My suggestion is for automatically changing the Cruise Control, to match the posted speed limit sign, if the driver wants it that way. Ford does this as well as Tesla I believe, and will allow you to set an adjustment in mph above/below the posted speed.

This comes in handy, for me, when approaching city limits and school zones, if your Cruise Control is active. It will automatically adjust your speed to match the posted Speed Limit sign. Currently, it only shows the highway speed limit on the dash, but does not control your speed automatically.
Understood.
Thanks.......I do realize the current speed limit, for the highway, is shown on the dash, along with your driving speed.
It will recognize signs everywhere, not just the highway. It will, however, stop displaying the posted limit after 10-15 seconds.

RivChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WRX, 911T
Occupation
Product Manager
Clubs

This biggest thing I'd like to see is an "auto lane change" feature like in Teslas where you can change lanes by using the indictators vs the current implementation of Driver+ disabling, then you re-enable in the passing lane and then it disables again when you get back in the right lane so you need to re-engage it twice on one overtake. Other than that a "dumb" cruise control would be nice where it doesn't drastically reduce speed around sharper corners on the highway.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
This biggest thing I'd like to see is an "auto lane change" feature like in Teslas where you can change lanes by using the indictators vs the current implementation of Driver+ disabling, then you re-enable in the passing lane and then it disables again when you get back in the right lane so you need to re-engage it twice on one overtake. Other than that a "dumb" cruise control would be nice where it doesn't drastically reduce speed around sharper corners on the highway.
I like this

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Here are mine (not repeating anything already mentioned hopefully):

1. Similar to behavior when putting in reverse, cameras should show on screen when putting in drive from either P or R at slow speeds. My Audi does this, and it automatically goes away once you eclipse a certain speed (something like 5-10 mi/hr).
  2. The NAV doesn't recognize a lot of EA stations when routing. The stations show up when panning/zooming in the map, but certain long distance routes they will not be recognized and it will just say there are no stations available. E.G. when trying to route from Austin to Denver, it doesn't recognize a single station. Routing to Big Bend picks up all the EA stations on I-10 just fine. I'm guessing they are still working on the EA integration given they were only added at all on a recent update. I'd also add station availability data to this improved integration.
  3. I think it would be cool to pair a geofence and/or garage open action with lowering the suspension to either Low or Lowest for ingress/egress. It could either be Auto, or generate a screen prompt to actuate.
  4. Create a shortcuts/hotkeys tab for frequently used commands. My eTron had this and it was handy. Things that could be hotkeyed were things like calling a specific contact (would include tile with their picture), tuning to a specific station (via multiple apps), Nav routing to any destination, etc.
  5. Charge timer to complete charge at a specified time, including option to precondition the cabin. Preconditioning to include toggles for seats (heat or cool), and heating glass surfaces. My eTron has this and it is extremely useful. Preconditioning would start 30 minutes prior to departure time. This had the benefit of both a) ending charging right before departure which maximizes battery condition for efficiency and b) preconditions the cabin via mains power vs. the battery. On that last point, I noted that this morning, I got in the truck to mess with something for maybe 10-15 minutes which initiated the AC cooling the cabin. This alone took 1% of the battery because the cabin got up to 104 overnight.
  6. Button to show alternative routes while in a route already. It shows alternative routes when first searching for a destination, but I don't think you can query alternatives mid route. Also something the eTron had and was useful. It has a button to zoom out and show the entire route you are on, so this would be a natural place for it to look for alternatives and display them in a faded color.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Charge timer to complete charge at a specified time, including option to precondition the cabin. Preconditioning to include toggles for seats (heat or cool), and heating glass surfaces. My eTron has this and it is extremely useful. Preconditioning would start 30 minutes prior to departure time. This had the benefit of both a) ending charging right before departure which maximizes battery condition for efficiency and b) preconditions the cabin via mains power vs. the battery. On that last point, I noted that this morning, I got in the truck to mess with something for maybe 10-15 minutes which initiated the AC cooling the cabin. This alone took 1% of the battery because the cabin got up to 104 overnight.
I like this too
Sponsored