Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
The gist of the suit was that the odometer reading was affected so that the mileage reading overstated that actual miles. This impacted mileage related warranties. The suit was settled by Honda extending the mileage limits on affected warranty work.
I'd think that the odometer in the Rivian can be (is?) driven by the high precision GPS the vehicle has. It's literally high precision, much more so than a current high end smartphone and accurate to within something like a foot.

I'm curious and will test on an ~80 mi drive later today. If it's driven by the speedo, it should say I went 84mi instead of 80 (5%). I'll look at the official odometer in the vehicle info page, as well as what's shown in the Trip.
Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
you can press on the icon in the lower left of the "pod" and switch between FM, Spotify, TuneIn and BT without having to go through the main screen.

I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone say they want +/- vs pinch to zoom....pinch was a revolutionary invention specifically so that we didn't have to use those anymore, with much quicker and more precise control. BTW, that's one of the terrible things about AA/CP maps, they aren't pinch to zoom (at least one of them isn't, can't remember which). Not to mention that they would almost surely be on the far right of the screen where they always are when maps have them.
Thanks for tip, see that shortcut, but when that window/pod disappears due to 'bug', can't use.

As for pinch, have you driven off the map yet? Yep happens to me every time I change scale by pinching, and lose vehicle as center... Drive off map. Hit 'recenter' and it zooms back in but I don't drive off map. So hopefully the brain trust can figure out either a + - way or pinch way for us to stay in center but scale be changed. I do t see a setting for this, assume it's just the way it is.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Is everyone's speedo off? Mine is off too. At 40 on the radar speed sign says 44 on my display.
Mine is off 3mph. At 70, gps on phone says 67. At 65, gps shows 62. At 60, gps shows 57... Etc.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Thanks for tip, see that shortcut, but when that window/pod disappears due to 'bug', can't use.

As for pinch, have you driven off the map yet? Yep happens to me every time I change scale by pinching, and lose vehicle as center... Drive off map. Hit 'recenter' and it zooms back in but I don't drive off map. So hopefully the brain trust can figure out either a + - way or pinch way for us to stay in center but scale be changed. I do t see a setting for this, assume it's just the way it is.
The window can be brought back by swiping left to right at the edge. I'm not sure of the bug you're referring to.

I see what you mean, yeah you have to recenter when you are actively routing/navigating. What I've started doing when I want a more birds eye view is hit the button in the bottom left that zooms out to show the whole route, and changes to a North Up orientation. It may be too far out for what you're looking for though.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
The window can be brought back by swiping left to right at the edge. I'm not sure of the bug you're referring to.

I see what you mean, yeah you have to recenter when you are actively routing/navigating. What I've started doing when I want a more birds eye view is hit the button in the bottom left that zooms out to show the whole route, and changes to a North Up orientation. It may be too far out for what you're looking for though.
When my radio functionality freezes, I lose that window/pod. Happens every two to three days. I sometimes can change things via steering wheel buttons, but center touch screen becomes a paperweight for stereo functionality such as changing anything.

And yes Alexa will tune fm radio or TuneIn etc, but haven't had bug yet with radio to see if that freezes as well.

Sponsored

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
1) For the love of god, please give me a setting to override auto leveling -- or whatever it is my truck is constantly doing at stops. It's so incredibly annoying, not to mention embarrassing. People ask me all the time what the truck is doing and I have to admit I have no idea. I've honestly considered selling the truck for this very reason, that's how much it bothers me.

2) Please oh please give us Netflix and YouTube, so there's something to do while the truck is charging or while I'm waiting in the truck for any number of other reasons.

3) Improve connectivity of Alexa -- it drops connection like half the time while driving, leaving voice commands a frustrating exercise in futility, especially since you can't reboot the infotainment system unless you pull off the road and put it in park.

4) Add a drive-in theater mode, camp mode, dog mode.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Driver+ (Current deficiencies make it almost unusable for me)
  • Adaptive cruise control remember distance setting and not default to max every time
  • Adaptive cruise control minimum following distance be closer. Currently leaves too much gap and people cut in constantly.
  • Resume function for adaptive cruise.
  • Add lane change ability to Lane Centering via turn signal initiation a la Tesla.
Charging (below are useful when parked at an airport with chargers)
  • Allow charge session to be initiated and controlled from the mobile app, including % to charge to.
  • Allow scheduled charging in places other than home.
Not to beat a dead horse, but CarPlay.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
1. Squat mode when in park would be great for shorter and older people trying to get in and out

2. remember drive modes between drives. I like to drive in conserve and low but it will always reset to lowest on the next drive.

3.Easy Entry on driver seat so it moves back when you put the car in park.

4. speed limit +X option for driver+. Really like this on my Tesla. I have it set to speed limit+5, so s soon as I hop on the freeway at a lower speed, it’ll accelerate up to 70 mph.

5. Fix the mapping mess. The routing is so inconsistent with every app out there, idk where they get their routing data from.

6. More power from the wireless charger or something. They’re totally useless

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various

So, I played around with this while on a drive yesterday, and good news - it's already a feature. The map doesn't appear to have +/- buttons, but that's because they are hidden. While navigating to a destination, single finger tap on the screen and it will now reveal them on the right side. Now, when you use the +/- to zoom to your desired scale/vantage point, the map continues routing and the screen moves with you staying at that level. It will also stay there even after going to other screens and returning to the map.

I have not tested whether it remembers that preferred perspective across different drives.

First Name
Celeste and Dav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Director OpEx
We call it the "One button" - We need ONE button to crack all the windows an inch down - in this case a selection to 'prepare for Texas heat' - LOL. This should be an easy programming update :)

Sponsored

bemulligan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
I don't use Amazon Music, so can't speak to that. But I will say that the sensitivity of Alexa to the "wake word" needs to be turned wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down. Anything that even vaguely sounds like Alexa (she's been triggered by me saying Lexus, let us, Alex, excess, etc) sets her off, and it's really annoying

Other than that I guess my biggest desires would be:

1) A middle setting for the suspension. Soft is a little too wallow-y for my taste, while Stiff is just plain uncomfortable over anything that isn't smooth road. So something in the middle would be welcome

2) Dog Mode (I know RJ has said it's coming, but you know how that goes)

3) The ability to set the preconditioning for the cabin to a specific temperature rather than what the app says is "Comfortable," and to remotely activate the heated seats/steering wheel (my 2018 XC60 had that function)

4) Make the ACC more usable in bad weather, either by expanding its operating parameters, or giving us the option to use just normal "fixed" cruise control when ACC shuts off. The Seattle area is, well, rainy, and the ACC has a nasty habit of cutting out in medium-to-heavy rain conditions

This next one isn't OTA related, but I wish the Rivian app did more. Again turning to my XC60, the Volvo app let me condition the cabin to a specific temperature, trigger the heated seats/steering wheel, and search for and send a Nav destination to the car before getting in.
Ditto on the app updates. Since we can't use CarPlay, it would be really helpful to be able to copy the address from Google Maps/Apple Maps/whatever and paste it into the Rivian app which would send it to the car. Until the Rivian maps database gets a lot better, I usually look up businesses, etc. in a map app and then have to enter it manually into the Rivian nav.

Last edited:

sjg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500
1) Separate volume control for the warnings (i.e. blind spot warning volume). My volume is currently quite low for what is supposed to be a warning. I've tried adjusting the volume while the warning is going of but it just changes all volumes (radio, warnings, etc). A "low", "normal", "loud" setting would be a nice compromise for warnings.

2) On the phone app, I would like to be able to control all locking unlocking: car doors, open/close front trunk, gear tunnel, tonneau cover and tailgate. As far as I can tell, I can only lock/unlock the doors with the app.

bemulligan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
A lot of people seem to want to leave the AC on for a while when they get out. I am the opposite. I want it to shut off immediately when I close the door. I often leave my car unlocked for a while and I don't want to waste the energy to keep it cool for a few minutes when I am not coming back right away. This is another thing that could benefit from configurability.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

A lot of people seem to want to leave the AC on for a while when they get out. I am the opposite. I want it to shut off immediately when I close the door. I often leave my car unlocked for a while and I don't want to waste the energy to keep it cool for a few minutes when I am not coming back right away. This is another thing that could benefit from configurability.
The Polestar shuts off the AC as soon as the driver opens their door and lifts themselves off the seat. I find it kind of annoying if I am just getting out of the car to start a charge (and so do my passengers).
Sponsored