Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

This is a minor gripe, but I want the interior lights to be truly “on with door” and not “on when you put it in park”. I often put the truck in park when waiting and don’t want to listen to the pedestrian sound (which I find unpleasant). Yet, I also don’t want to sit there with the entire interior brightly lit up until I can go into the proper interface screen and turn the lights off manually.

Condor

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1S
I won’t beat the CarPlay drum but I would like Apple Music and Messages integrated. Don’t both have Android APIs already?

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

This is a minor gripe, but I want the interior lights to be truly “on with door” and not “on when you put it in park”. I often put the truck in park when waiting and don’t want to listen to the pedestrian sound (which I find unpleasant). Yet, I also don’t want to sit there with the entire interior brightly lit up until I can go into the proper interface screen and turn the lights off manually.
When the car auto unlocks, hit the lock button again and the interior lights will turn off. Been meaning to try turning off auto-unlock to see if the lights don't turn on at all when switching to park.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

When the car auto unlocks, hit the lock button again and the interior lights will turn off. Been meaning to try turning off auto-unlock to see if the lights don't turn on at all when switching to park.
My car does not auto unlock when you put it into park so the lights are tied to going into park, not the doors unlocking.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

My car does not auto unlock when you put it into park so the lights are tied to going into park, not the doors unlocking.
Good to know. I would still try the lock button.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Two new ideas.....

Ability to lower truck from app...for example...parked at Home Depot at standard height....come out with cart...want to load stuff...open app....drop truck to lowest allowable height for easier loading.

Quick access button for user selected most used drive modes. For me....when I pull up to a stop light in a different country without laws....and a Model 3 happens to be also in front....press Sport button.

Flyin7

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Pilot
Suspension.... If I am not in auto ride hight.... and I want to cruise around on HIGH setting. Leave it alone over 50 MPH!!!When I want the Rivian to lower to gain that extra mile then I can set AUTO. PLEASE! Funny thing is if you see any Rivian T or S at a factory photo shoot, it is on high or highest ride hight especially on the 20's and big aggressive tires.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Suspension.... If I am not in auto ride hight.... and I want to cruise around on HIGH setting. Leave it alone over 50 MPH!!!When I want the Rivian to lower to gain that extra mile then I can set AUTO. PLEASE! Funny thing is if you see any Rivian T or S at a factory photo shoot, it is on high or highest ride hight especially on the 20's and big aggressive tires.
Just pop your door open, it stops the automatic adjustments.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Pretty sure they do this to prevent premature failure of the joints and for safety/stability of the vehicle, not for efficiency gains.

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, I want the car to only “wake up” when the drivers door is opened. Or at least an option.

with multiple children and dogs I find myself in and out of passenger doors grabbing thing’s and waking up all the systems to grab a toy (my toddler intentionally left in there but now needs or he will die) seems excessive.

klownhavok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This was my first complaint the day I picked up my R1S. Went out st dark, put in park to chill for a second and my interior lit up like a Christmas tree and everyone standing around could see me in the spotlight while I fumbled to find the menu setting to turn it off. I said out loud “It’s even named on with door.”
Sponsored