Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I still long for Valet mode which would prevent someone for accessing locked areas of the vehicle (Frunk and Tunnel). Living in the NY/Philly area, I have to valet park in the city and always have to empty my car because I can't lock things in it
I also would've to have the passenger mirror tilt down when in reverse
Instead of tilting mirrors why not use the 360 camera view, it is pretty accurate.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Put trip meters and odometer back under the Vehicle tab and not in Settings. What’s wrong with y’all? Dumb.
I am honestly curious what people use these for? I don't ever even look at trip meters and only on rare occasion odometer to see if time to rotate tires.

SherpaDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 C2S Cab, Ridgeline, Dakota SXT, Ram 50, R1T Or
Occupation
Consultant
perhaps I'm old school, but not comfortable squeezing into tight spaces looking at the screen - that said, I do use the cameras as much as I can.
Regarding that, I would find it helpful if the visual for the sensors (radar warned for how close you are to an object when parking) was on the center screen with the cameras instead of on the main screen.
With the garages I am forced to use, I am often threading a needle with this truck

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
perhaps I'm old school, but not comfortable squeezing into tight spaces looking at the screen - that said, I do use the cameras as much as I can.
Regarding that, I would find it helpful if the visual for the sensors (radar warned for how close you are to an object when parking) was on the center screen with the cameras instead of on the main screen.
With the garages I am forced to use, I am often threading a needle with this truck
Same way here. I back my R1T into a tight spot next to my air conditioner units and tilt down mirrors let me see my gap left. Especially at night, I struggle to see via the cameras and am not willing to have a mishap in that area.

Sponsored

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
1. Be able to lock just the rear windows and not the front passenger one
2. Have truck remember last climate settings and which vents are on/off.
3. Be able to press one button to turn off all
Vents except the ones for the driver.
4. Be able to do two things on the center screen at once.

MarcyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I am honestly curious what people use these for? I don't ever even look at trip meters and only on rare occasion odometer to see if time to rotate tires.
Two things for me:
- I always assumed it was a requirement to have the odometer visible all the time, to make it easy for anyone doing maintenance to record the vehicle miles. Apparently not! Just seems so simple to have that number easily available instead of having to look silly punching a bunch of screens and buttons trying to find it. I know there isn't a lot of maintenance going on outside the Rivian service centers, but still.

- Specific to our use, when we tow our travel trailer I like to track each segment using the trip odometers. Helps to monitor the efficiency and give us some idea how easy or difficult it's going to be to get to the next charger under current conditions (wind, hills, temperature) and if we should slow down.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Two things for me:
- I always assumed it was a requirement to have the odometer visible all the time, to make it easy for anyone doing maintenance to record the vehicle miles. Apparently not! Just seems so simple to have that number easily available instead of having to look silly punching a bunch of screens and buttons trying to find it. I know there isn't a lot of maintenance going on outside the Rivian service centers, but still.

- Specific to our use, when we tow our travel trailer I like to track each segment using the trip odometers. Helps to monitor the efficiency and give us some idea how easy or difficult it's going to be to get to the next charger under current conditions (wind, hills, temperature) and if we should slow down.
Makes alot of sense! Thanks!

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

- iMessage/Text (better phone integration period)
- Waze/google maps/apple map choice (even if not full CarPlay)
- Spotify to show “new episodes” for podcasts like it does on CarPlay/Spotify app
- weather/radar app would be cool to see as an overlay on map
- nav update (lots of roads it thinks don’t exist and tries to route me weird ways)
- Sirius XM option
- not require Alexa account for voice activated features

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We would really like to see at least two additional trip odometers.

We also think it would be a very good idea if the main vehicle odometer were to be displayed on the driver screen.

Brian

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

Put trip meters and odometer back under the Vehicle tab and not in Settings. What’s wrong with y’all? Dumb.
I have no idea why removing one of the 3 items in the vehicle menu to get down to 2 options there while further complicating the settings (when these aren’t settings) made any sense to Rivian. I’m sure they plan to have more stuff on the vehicle page, but we are a lonnnng way from the trip meters needing to be banished.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Put trip meters and odometer back under the Vehicle tab and not in Settings.
Seconded.

They even put "Gear Guard is now in its own place!" in vehicle settings, but not trip meter.
Sponsored