Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

I don't think I have ever seen mine "flash" when driving through an underpass at speed. It changes as expected if stopped or slow traffic in an underpass. but that seems to take a few seconds.
When I say flash, I mean there's a short refresh (brief flickering) of the screens as the switch to dark mode, and then the overpass is so short that it immediately does another refresh as it switches back to light mode. So for a few seconds in the middle, all of the screens are basically unusable.
Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
When I say flash, I mean there's a short refresh (brief flickering) of the screens as the switch to dark mode, and then the overpass is so short that it immediately does another refresh as it switches back to light mode. So for a few seconds in the middle, all of the screens are basically unusable.
Gotcha. Either I do not experience that or it has happened so much in 13k miles that I no longer notice. 😄 That sort of thing would annoy me as well so I believe it's the former.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Gotcha. Either I do not experience that or it has happened so much in 13k miles that I no longer notice. 😄 That sort of thing would annoy me as well so I believe it's the former.
Yeah, it doesn't happen under every overpass, but we have one in particular in town that is just wide enough and I guess is at just the right angle that it happens ever single time.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
There might be something wrong with your truck's setting or a software glitch. I've changed the charging amperage and it stays to that number until I change it again.
I have to set it each time (not using a schedule). At least that was the case on 2023.2, haven't tried it since then. I only have to limit it at my in-laws. Would be nice if you could have it remember a charging location and the settings used there.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
IMPROVED HEAT PERFORMANCE

Those are my top 4.

Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,

Those are my top 4.
FYI try this (temporary workaround); make sure some vent(s) in the back are turned on. Not sure why this works but with heat on in the rear, somehow a signal is being sent to turn on the heat (that doesn’t happen when I turn it on just the front). This is only when I mess with climate control inside the vehicle. The app seems to heat things up just fine (but I haven’t paid attention to which vents the app kicks on.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
PIN to drive. Should be a fairly simple add and is a substantial security/safety upgrade which could include an on/off toggle for those that don’t want it

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
Camp mode where the truck will level to gravity. We have a lot of rooftop tent trips coming up and it would be really nice to be able to level it out without extra steps.
Wait - I seriously thought I saw where the R1T already does this. Does it not?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Wait - I seriously thought I saw where the R1T already does this. Does it not?
It does now! it didn't exist when I posted that in June of last year.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
FYI try this (temporary workaround); make sure some vent(s) in the back are turned on. Not sure why this works but with heat on in the rear, somehow a signal is being sent to turn on the heat (that doesn’t happen when I turn it on just the front). This is only when I mess with climate control inside the vehicle. The app seems to heat things up just fine (but I haven’t paid attention to which vents the app kicks on.
Thanks. I've read this and the Recirculate both help. To confirm, it did work in producing 'heat' just now after I turned the rear vents on.

Sponsored

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
It does now! it didn't exist when I posted that in June of last year.
Sorry about that. New to the forum and was reading the thread from the beginning and wasn’t looking at the posting date.

Kärsti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, 20' AT tires
1. I would really like standard cruise control. Adaptive cc is not great in the sun, rain, or with a moderately dirty camera, it also freaks out if it sees a car pull across the road even if it is a long way off.
2. Better control/blending on regen braking. Driving moderate (although long) hills the regen will abruptly shut off, pretty much completely, which creates a dangerous situation especially if you are towing a trailer...They need to fix the regen issue, allowing for more sustained regen on long declines. If they can't do that, they need to blend in friction brakes.
3. Realtime torque split going to each wheel display on the driver display would be very useful (and cool).
4. More info and more customization in the driver display, some additional info about efficiency would be useful as well, I don't find the last 15 min efficiency very useful, I would rather have kWh/100 miles, or similar.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
I've mentioned a couple things on here, but better fast charging peak. No reason it can't do 250kw. I know it was increased once already, if it could do 250kw it could really make the max pack less of a need for people that don't tow.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
1. I would really like standard cruise control. Adaptive cc is not great in the sun, rain, or with a moderately dirty camera, it also freaks out if it sees a car pull across the road even if it is a long way off.
2. Better control/blending on regen braking. Driving moderate (although long) hills the regen will abruptly shut off, pretty much completely, which creates a dangerous situation especially if you are towing a trailer...They need to fix the regen issue, allowing for more sustained regen on long declines. If they can't do that, they need to blend in friction brakes.
3. Realtime torque split going to each wheel display on the driver display would be very useful (and cool).
4. More info and more customization in the driver display, some additional info about efficiency would be useful as well, I don't find the last 15 min efficiency very useful, I would rather have kWh/100 miles, or similar.
100% on all points, specifically the regen one, I mentioned that as well. Don't understand why It can't regen without limit when the battery is low.
Sponsored