Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Wait, really? Does this work on a phone call? Also, I swear when listening to a podcast on Spotify it skips to the next episode on the steering controls, even when the skip 15 seconds is show on the slide in panel.
When i run pocketcasts through bluetooth the buttons are skipping seconds, not moving to the next show. However on spotify/tunein it is next show... I didn't know the side panel skipped seconds on those cars....
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I mean sure if Gear Guard is running then high battery drain can be expected and I am sure Teslas also have higher drain with Sentry mode active and if cabin overheat protection is on as well but in my experience with my R1 I lose 2-3% a day while it's parked in my garage (proximity key and Gear Guard disabled when at home).
It has been suspected that both the proximity key and gear guard are still active when you're at home, even when you have the setting to off, it's just that the vehicle doesn't unlock the door when it detects the key and it doesn't save the gear guard videos (you can often still hear it react to your presence, even though it doesn't unlock).

A believe it was the last update that was supposed to help vampire drain when gear guard is off, suggesting the system actually goes inactive, but I haven't read any reports of someone noticing improvements there.

Also, the front windshield camera generates enough heat to melt snow, even when the vehicle is asleep, which is another item that appears to be active and using a decent amount of energy.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It has been suspected that both the proximity key and gear guard are still active when you're at home, even when you have the setting to off, it's just that the vehicle doesn't unlock the door when it detects the key and it doesn't save the gear guard videos (you can often still hear it react to your presence, even though it doesn't unlock).

A believe it was the last update that was supposed to help vampire drain when gear guard is off, suggesting the system actually goes inactive, but I haven't read any reports of someone noticing improvements there.

Also, the front windshield camera generates enough heat to melt snow, even when the vehicle is asleep, which is another item that appears to be active and using a decent amount of energy.
Yup I think I know what sound you are talking about. Sometimes when I walk next to my garage I hear the truck make some sort of electrical buzzing sound for a few seconds so there still seems to be something related to the proximity system still active.

And for the front camera I believe the developer guy on Reddit confirmed that if the camera is on then the vehicle isn't going to sleep.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
It would be nice if the FM radio could remember the last station it was tuned to and didn’t require me to manually select it each time I use the radio.

Technology!

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

I would like to be able to scroll through the main screen windows by toggling the right side steering wheel control buttons instead of reaching over to switch from nav. to music, etc.
Put the time on the left side of the screen. Add the heated steering wheel icon to the bottom of the screen next to the heated seat icon.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
No issues with regen on high on ice here with the snow tires on my truck. Is it really that difficult for people to have the proper equipment for the conditions? Would you go outside in shorts, a t-shirt, and sandles in the middle of a blizzard?
1674067257434.png
I wore shorts from airport to home last night. It was 32 deg out at home, but 80 where I was comming from.

Much like where I live. Snow tires are unnecessary and performance limiting, for 95% of my winter driving. But for the 5% of time it matters, low regen and snow mode is nice with my 20"at, as that is all I need.

Maybe where you live winter and summer, make the change like a light switch, but where I am, we are in "transition" almost all winter nowdays...

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Maybe where you live winter and summer, make the change like a light switch, but where I am, we are in "transition" almost all winter nowdays...
You've described winter this year here. Probably 5 days this season where snow tires were truly beneficial, but this has been an atypical winter.

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

I would like to be able to scroll through the main screen windows by toggling the right side steering wheel control buttons instead of reaching over to switch from nav. to music, etc.
Put the time on the left side of the screen. Add the heated steering wheel icon to the bottom of the screen next to the heated seat icon.
Also, be able to add waypoints to Navigation! Offer items like restaurant, hotels etc. on map and choose to add it to trip.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
You've described winter this year here. Probably 5 days this season where snow tires were truly beneficial, but this has been an atypical winter.
But becoming more typical it seems. I have done snow tires on a few sports sedans over the years, and wore them out in a season or two at best. Sort of why I DD a truck with AT tires. Keep the fun tires on the weekend toy for summer.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

But becoming more typical it seems. I have done snow tires on a few sports sedans over the years, and wore them out in a season or two at best. Sort of why I DD a truck with AT tires. Keep the fun tires on the weekend toy for summer.
I'm gonna wear tires out regardless of what's on the truck. We occasionally will take trips north where there's a lot higher chance of bad roads, especially once you get off the beaten path. Winter tires aren't terrible on the Rivian when the roads are just dry or wet, but they beat the hell out of the OEM 22" tires if the road has snow, ice, or slush on it. AT's might not be as bad but all the talk about people having their vehicle sliding sideways isn't something I've experienced with snow tires on.

I'll err on the side of slightly worse range, thank you.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

1. Unless I’m missing something, I can’t turn on the rear window & mirror defroster from the app. This is needed.

2. From the app, I’d like to be able to set a schedule, so the interior temp is _° at _ time every day, or Mon-Fri. Our $20K Ford Focus EV had this feature.

3. The adaptive cruise control needs to react & accelerate faster from a stop, to keep up with the car ahead. It usually accelerates slower than the car ahead, opens a huge gap, then loses engagement with the car ahead & doesn’t notice when that car slows down, then slams on the brakes. In stop & go traffic this is repeated over & over, and is annoying & uncomfortable. This would be easily fixed if it would accelerate faster to keep a consistent distance to the car ahead. If I manually help it accelerate, everything works better.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'm gonna wear tires out regardless of what's on the truck. We occasionally will take trips north where there's a lot higher chance of bad roads, especially once you get off the beaten path. Winter tires aren't terrible on the Rivian when the roads are just dry or wet, but they beat the hell out of the OEM 22" tires if the road has snow, ice, or slush on it. AT's might not be as bad but all the talk about people having their vehicle sliding sideways isn't something I've experienced with snow tires on.

I'll err on the side of slightly worse range, thank you.
Makes sense. I just don't get the other post about "just get snow tires...don't need snow mode".

I bet there were people back in the beginning that said cars don't need heat...if you dress correctly. Or who needs abs...just learn how to pump brakes... Sure...but why not have the capable electronic systems help?

Reactions: Guy

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Old fashioned cruise control!! In the heavy fog or slushy mix or even heavy bugs in the summer… the adaptive cruise control shuts off and complains about blocked cameras. It leaves me with my first car without cruise control of any kind in over 30 years!! Super annoying.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Old fashioned cruise control!! In the heavy fog or slushy mix or even heavy bugs in the summer… the adaptive cruise control shuts off and complains about blocked cameras. It leaves me with my first car without cruise control of any kind in over 30 years!! Super annoying.
Shouldn't be using cruise control in those conditions anyway. That said, we still need regular old, dumb cruise control for other reasons...like driving into the sun and the cameras won't work.
Sponsored