Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
FWIW, Rivian Service told me that PAAK is not IOS16 compatible at this time, which is why I can't stay paired. Seems like a convenient answer, but who knows.
That's probably because most/all of the software people at Rivian don't even have IOS16....I'm on 15.5.
Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Maybe, but I'd expect a software team to be testing it, it's not exactly difficult to get, although, I'm still doubtful this is the actual cause, it's not impacted PAAK for the Tesla's.

bbqdevil

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Rivian R1T on order
Occupation
Director, Design and Video
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet (I'll be honest, I read through to page 6 or 7 and then skipped to the end), but when the turn signals are activated, it would be great to get the side camera shown on the driver screen (like how the Ioniq 5 does it) so you can check your blind spot without looking to the sides.

KidThunder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

Be realistic….

My biggest items would be!
1. Garage opener - want this to be one click instead of two. There seems to be plenty of space along that top row, I'd love to be able to add Home icon 1, Home Icon 2 and be able to one touch open the garage.
2. Less aggressive regenerative breaking, it's wildly too strong, basically like pressing the brake when you're on city streets.
3. Gear Guard active while driving
4. Bug fixes on FM radio - often can't switch between favorites or other buttons are unresponsive.
5. The passive entry isn't smooth. If you don't already have the Rivian app open on your phone it doesn't really work. The FOB is the most reliable and more responsive than the cards, but not as responsive as my other vehicles.

These all seem doable, so hopefully they can get to these

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Weather radar layer option on the nav map with 1hr lapse....

Be nice to see what we're driving into.

Sponsored

MarcyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Phone keys are tied to profile and currently (when working) automatically loads the profile and seat/mirror positions. Assigning physical cards would, in theory, allow for the same functionality.
Yes - exactly that. My husband has the app on his phone which (usually) loads his seat/mirror profile when he opens the doors. But there are times he'd like to carry only the card and not the phone, and it would be great to see the same behavior instead of having to manually change from my to his profile. Just a wish list item.

More important (to us) is reducing the amount of energy used for things other than charging when the truck is plugged in. It's way more than our Bolt EV or previous Leaf. If L1 charging does nothing, that's a pretty useless adapter to give us, and something everyone needs to be aware of.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
More important (to us) is reducing the amount of energy used for things other than charging when the truck is plugged in. It's way more than our Bolt EV or previous Leaf. If L1 charging does nothing, that's a pretty useless adapter to give us, and something everyone needs to be aware of.
Yes but, to be fair, that mobile charger can do more than level 1...

MarcyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes but, to be fair, that mobile charger can do more than level 1...
Of course! We're using the 50A NEMA adapter at an RV park at this moment (it's part of our current strategy for towing our house). We do appreciate the inclusion of the L1/L2 charger with the truck. It would just be nice if both parts of that charger would be worth something - hopefully eventually Rivian can figure out how to make that happen.

Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? IMG_6328.JPG

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Forgot about a couple others:

• Elevation reading on map. Would also be cool when inputting a destination, for the route summary to show elevation at current starting point and then elevation at destination. I found having the elevation shown in the bottom corner of the Audi map very useful to understand on the fly what the changes were and to anticipate future efficiency/range.
  • Make music played through Alexa able to pick back up upon re-entering vehicle. Right now the tile still shows up, but it's frozen at pause and you can't push play (likely a bug, not intentional deficiency). You have to restart the Alexa process. Only native media like Spotify works in this manner.
  • There are a lot of things the app could use, but one thing not mentioned yet is just a simple visual status of your doors. Given how difficult the last door is to close sometimes, it's already happened where my wife thought she shut it but she didn't and the next morning I was surprised when the driver display showed the passenger door was open, presumably all night (which likely led to unwanted energy use).

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Isn't that a limitation of bluetooth? Every bluetooth speaker I've used plays phone sounds if my phone is unlocked, even my car.
put your phone in silent mode! Fixed!

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
There are a lot of things the app could use,
A)Ability to display battery SoC%
B)Ability to start/stop charge
C)Ability to set max. charge level (and not limited to only 70%, 85% or 100%)
D)Ability to set charge rate

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Doesn't it already do A?
Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? Screenshot_20220701-111159_Rivian

Or are you asking for a constant notification?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Or are you asking for a constant notification?
Yes. I'd want to see that wherever they show miles e.g right next to the battery symbol on the drivers display. Of course one can eyeball it from the length of the bar but I'd like to see a more precise number too.

Last edited:

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
The app does show battery %, it's just not front and center. If you tap on the two lines in upper right to pull up the slide out from the left, It shows % / Range there. Like a lot of things, Rivian is starting out slow with the information provided bc their data shows 80% of preorders are first time EV owners so they are taking an approach that won't overwhelm them. I expect they will loosen it up over time, as evidenced by the new Energy page in the latest update.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

1. Automatically turn front cameras on when entering garage. (Kia EV6 does this)

2. Ability to lower truck height with Rivian app.

3. Add drive mode, ride and Regen to user profile.

4. Set amount of time blinker stays on when changing lanes. (Kia EV6 does this)

5. Set speed limit warnings. (EV 6 lets you set over and under notifications)

5. Ability to disable truck if stolen. (EV6 has this feature)
Sponsored