Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

A yard of mulch! He didn't measure and I didn't either, no idea how close to an actual yard it was... 🤣
20230328_150655.jpg
I’ve done the tarp taco as well. Way better than trying to clean that bed after carrying yard waste or mulch.
Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) IMG_5140

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

Was able to get a set of 5 35" tires for my Bronco in the bed, glad I didn't have to put any in the back seat.
Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) IMG-7211

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Love the wrap and the extra bonus roof mulch. How was the loading experience with our bed size? Oddly the bagged was cheaper than bulk but I didn't love loading them after the first pallet fail.

Final mulch load pic:

PXL_20230330_211501912.jpg
I’ve done the tarp taco as well. Way better than trying to clean that bed after carrying yard waste or mulch.
super happy to have the wrap (especially with the little fingers in my house that like to draw swirls in the dust...) but I think the satin worked out fabulous on the FG color.
The bonus roof mulch came from the limitation of our bed size. This loader driver was good, almost like he'd done this before... :) But, he loaded up half his bucket, so that there was barely any spill over the back of the truck. He didn't really get anywhere near the spoiler or glass with the bucket and that first dump of roof mulch was the first bit that dropped. There was a bit piled up against the glass in the bed, I think in the future I'll have the tarp pulled a little more up that way to help make it easier to keep clean, but not so terrible all in all.

Bulk was way cheaper for this, it was $38 for the full yard after tax, plus not having to deal with all the plastic bags at the end...

The tarp taco was a good idea, but the minute he dropped the first bit into the bed it folded up in the middle and pulled all my extra in with it. Next time I'll make sure the tarp is fully unfolded and just ginormous... I'll also remember a rake so I can spread around the pile and to have my load straps hooked up before the dirt goes in...

As for cleaning, DEFINITLEY USE A TARP! holy shit, even the stuff that got around behind and under was a serious pain to clean, I can't imagine dealing with a full load. You'll need to pop the spare tire cover because it gets WAY under there too, and there's some that wedged under the rubber cap on the tailgate which now makes a crunchy sound, but eh, it's a truck and that'll work its way out, or not.

It handled great though, I have zero complaints. I think it was close, or slightly over the load rating, as this dirt was a little wetter than I expected, and next time I'll flip the suspension to 'Firm', since it felt a little bit top heavy from what I was used to with cornering.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

super happy to have the wrap (especially with the little fingers in my house that like to draw swirls in the dust...) but I think the satin worked out fabulous on the FG color.
The bonus roof mulch came from the limitation of our bed size. This loader driver was good, almost like he'd done this before... :)

Bulk was way cheaper for this, it was $38 for the full yard after tax, plus not having to deal with all the plastic bags at the end...

The tarp taco was a good idea, but the minute he dropped the first bit into the bed it folded up in the middle and pulled all my extra in with it. Next time I'll make sure the tarp is fully unfolded and just ginormous... I'll also remember a rake so I can spread around the pile and to have my load straps hooked up before the dirt goes in...

As for cleaning, DEFINITLEY USE A TARP!
Sounds like a fun time at the yard! I was a little nervous with my first pallet load after watching the Sandy load test with broken glass. Our bulk was the same $38 but Lowes' sale was $2/2CF bag so 27/CY. However I have yet to deal with the 70 empty bags...
Its also pretty handy with the garden to drive along the drive way and hurl them out of the bed.

I picked up a 9x11' tarp the other day for future loads, hopefully that's close to the right size to keep things out of crevices.

I really wish we had top of bed tie downs as well for those times you can't reach in.

Sponsored

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Sounds like a fun time at the yard! I was a little nervous with my first pallet load after watching the Sandy load test with broken glass. Our bulk was the same $38 but Lowes' sale was $2/2CF bag so 27/CY. However I have yet to deal with the 70 empty bags...
Its also pretty handy with the garden to drive along the drive way and hurl them out of the bed.

I picked up a 9x11' tarp the other day for future loads, hopefully that's close to the right size to keep things out of crevices.

I really wish we had top of bed tie downs as well for those times you can't reach in.
Oh man, that whole episode with Sandy going "offroad" and the other guy testing the load capabilities... That was a shit-show... They installed a poorly designed headache bar, and then the forklift operator was an idiot and just shoved the whole thing in too far, pushing the headache bar into the spoiler and breaking the glass... I don't know how those guys get paid sometimes, but oh well.

Mine went better than theirs! :D

OP
OP

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
It was perfect for the start of Girl Scout cookie season - the tonneau even closed! (Also packed the cab, tunnel, and frunk)

PXL_20230311_182718798.jpg

PXL_20230311_183048457.jpg
But where’s the raspberry rally? WHERE?!?

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
No pictures, but I've been hauling lumber, new cased doors, furniture etc. for several residential remodels, and new build house. Even though I've tried to protect the bed with tarps, etc. there are still some nicks in the plastic on tailgate and other places. Some may recall my post about the damage that was done when I had a 30lb +/- toolbox slide and hit the front vertical panel in the bed and it caused some damage. I know, I know - secure your load. It was a quick trip at a nearby location and I didn't have time. Never thought in a million years that that toolbox could do that type of damage.
Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) 20221025_173748
Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) 20221025_173816
Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) 20221025_173816

Sponsored

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
A set of 35x12.5 BFG KO2s from my Raptor

Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) 51CDB6DE-FB04-4E57-921F-A45029E0E035
Sponsored