Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Should've taken a picture...

I took my California king mattress to the dump this morning, worked better than expected!
The mattress or the bed?
Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

plywood.jpeg

I was able to test out my Loadd for the first time this weekend. Kept my 4'x8' plywood sheets planted even during hard accelerations (needed to properly test :) ). Not sure yet on durability, but so far I'd recommend it. Ironically this plywood is going to be used for my simple diy tonneau cover. Couldn't wait any longer for my manual cover as I have a road trip coming up...
Is this the 5.5' option?
Thanks for the review

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
OP
OP

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Mattress, folded over and ratchet strapped.
Throw it onto the cargo bars next time. No folding needed. I did this several times already. Makes it really easy to slide load on and off too.

If anyone is interested, it’s also how I got a full sized ping pong table home..

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Thanks, was trying to decide between them but didn't understand their install video. Guy said to hook to the bed "Further back the better" but then hooked to the one closes to the tailgate so he lost me on if it was supposed to be the back of the truck or the back of the bed. And while they say
Anyways, after reading their entire site, reviews, and closely inspecting the photos it looks like the only difference is the length of the side straps which are free sliding in the side pockets anyways. So I should be able to fish a replacement longer strap through if I ever need to, is that right? Planning on using for short lumber and kayaks mostly and trying to avoid the extra strap hassle.
@ohseedee
TLDR: Thanks for the sizing clarity! Their website needs a diagram for anchoring and lengths.

Beezlee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Takes a bit of practice to get use to how to set and up use the straps but loving the LOADD "Sheett" bed extender. I got the 8', with flag, Pro Packk. But I'm sure you could use the 5'5". Just planning ahead for other hauling situations.

Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) IMG_9674

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Takes a bit of practice to get use to how to set and up use the straps but loving the LOADD "Sheett" bed extender. I got the 8', with flag, Pro Packk. But I'm sure you could use the 5'5". Just planning ahead for other hauling situations.

IMG_9674.jpeg
What do you have mounted to crossbars in this photo?

Sponsored

Beezlee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Tried carrying lumber on the roof for the first time using the "bed extender" (https://amzn.to/3ZaQfkj)

I've got (12) 2”x4”x12’ and (5) 2”x4”x8’ on the roof in these pics.

Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) IMG_9683
Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) IMG_9676

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Not much of a load but I couldn’t resist chiming in since it is the first thing I have used the bed for. Need to get a tailgate pad for a better bike hauling solution than bungee cords.
Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) 3B6F1596-9FD6-4B79-BD24-DFCBDA9C4063
Sponsored