Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Used my powered tonneau to collect ice today... Should I see if it still works?
Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) PXL_20230222_234220157
Sponsored

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

Sad to say I've yet to use the bed for anything, 2 months later. I have a backlog of home projects though, it's just a matter of finding some time...

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
All kinds of stuff, latest was picking up the new bike.

C0FF3EAC-21CA-43CD-BA25-BF3F6DD71402.jpeg
Nice Tuareg! It seems a lot of the motorcycles I see on this forum are a little bit out of the norm. I dig it and love Ape's in general, but it's certainly not a common bike. Happy trails!

Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Nice Tuareg! It seems a lot of the motorcycles I see on this forum are a little bit out of the norm. I dig it and love Ape's in general, but it's certainly not a common bike. Happy trails!
Iā€™d been hankering for a Tenere 700 for a long time but havenā€™t been willing to pay the marked up prices Iā€™ve been seeing. Went and rode the Tuareg and damn if it isnā€™t one of the most balanced feeling bikes Iā€™ve ridden. Itā€™s surprisingly agile feeling on road, almost sport bike like and off-road itā€™s as good as I can want for an ADV style 450lb bike.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iā€™d been hankering for a Tenere 700 for a long time but havenā€™t been willing to pay the marked up prices Iā€™ve been seeing. Went and rode the Tuareg and damn if it isnā€™t one of the most balanced feeling bikes Iā€™ve ridden. Itā€™s surprisingly agile feeling on road, almost sport bike like and off-road itā€™s as good as I can want for an ADV style 450lb bike.
Nice! Yeah Iā€™ve been itching for a Desert X, pretty much the Ducati equivalent, but have been too lazy to pull the trigger because I donā€™t currently have time to do any Offroad type riding. But I will eventually. Mostly I ride a V4 Pikes Peak Multistrada at the moment.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Nice! Yeah Iā€™ve been itching for a Desert X, pretty much the Ducati equivalent, but have been too lazy to pull the trigger because I donā€™t currently have time to do any Offroad type riding. But I will eventually. Mostly I ride a V4 Pikes Peak Multistrada at the moment.
I sat on a Desert X when I was picking up the Tuareg yesterday. Nice position with the seat/pegs/bars but the seat width was a little wide for my comfort. Itā€™s a good looking bike though and the suspension geometry and build quality looked good.

Rivian R1T R1S What do you use your R1T bed for?  (Picture Edition) 63820CD7-EC97-4AC5-9F8F-ED3573A58910

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I sat on a Desert X when I was picking up the Tuareg yesterday. Nice position with the seat/pegs/bars but the seat width was a little wide for my comfort. Itā€™s a good looking bike though and the suspension geometry and build quality looked good.

63820CD7-EC97-4AC5-9F8F-ED3573A58910.jpeg
Yeah Iā€™d likely go that way just because I have a good relationship with my local Ducati dealer. So the service and side perks kind of keep me in the brand. Iā€™m actually thinking about a Monster SP at the moment to do a couple track days in this year. I usually ride big bikes, but Iā€™m thinking to go on a small bike. But the Aprilia lineup is pretty strong at the moment,,,lot of interesting bikes.

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
I test road a Multistrada, what a beast of a machine, loved it, but I went with a 1200GSA because of local maintenance shop, fuel tank size and a ton of 3rd party mods and support

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I test road a Multistrada, what a beast of a machine, loved it, but I went with a 1200GSA because of local maintenance shop, fuel tank size and a ton of 3rd party mods and support
Yep, I definitely understand that. Iā€™ve had 3 GSā€™s over the years and theyā€™re great bikes.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
GSā€™s are great until you have to pick it up off-road. That gets old fast. I am partial to the boxer engine though as it saved my leg when I got t-boned by a car last summer.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GSā€™s are great until you have to pick it up off-road. That gets old fast. I am partial to the boxer engine though as it saved my leg when I got t-boned by a car last summer.
Ha, offroad anything heavier than a 500 KTM is too heavy to pick up! Generally I save my real offroad riding for actual dirtbikes. But I really like adventure bikes in generalā€¦comfortable, fast, can do some light off-roading.