Sponsored

What are you going to pull / tow with your R1T?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
A tiny home on wheels....someday!

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Yes, thanks.

Very slick setup!
We LOVE it. It is super light. The top can be cranked all the way up, set to a middle height, or driven at a low height. The tent is actually really slick and the wings create plenty of room for 4 folks to sleep at night and then become benches for sitting at the table in there during the day. Played many a board game away from bugs and wind on our camping trips.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
I e-mailed those guys the other day. Response: " at this time we are booking into Spring 2022 for the next available date". I'd love one...but don't think I can wait that long. Lucky you!
Yup. They're hand built by a small company. We waited 15 months for ours and drove from Portland, OR to Quebec to pick it up from the factory. Such a great little camper. Nothing compares.

garthkoyle

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14' Honda Odyssey, 2020 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve
snowmobile trailers ~ 6k lbs
firewood dump trailer loaded ~ 12k lbs
boat ~ 7k lbs

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I think the Rivian Blue R1T would look pretty good towing this to the lake.

I wonder if my truck tent will still fit..
Rivian R1T R1S What are you going to pull / tow with your R1T? Inked00000IMG_00000_BURST20190629155439329_COVER_LI
Rivian R1T R1S What are you going to pull / tow with your R1T? IMG_20160923_190256654

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I'll be towing my Safari Condo Alto R1713.
17D9DDAA-88D4-4487-9F29-48D51BF4D223.jpeg
C90ACB7C-5FAF-42CC-A643-DA2AA1683B51_1_105_c.jpg
This looks really good, but considering there's a long waiting list, is there a similar alternative made in the US?? I've looked at other small light-weights like this and they don't have all the features we want, like the Alto R1713 model has. We may end up putting our 2012 Arctic Fox 990 on a double-axle trailer to get the features we've become so spoiled having the past few years...it has it all. Haven't found a small trailer around the same weight with almost as good features as our Artic Fox until I saw your post on the Alto...NICE...you are lucky to have it for your R1T.

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
about the tent camper...Haven't gotten a good take on the length of the bed with the tailgate down...

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
This looks really good, but considering there's a long waiting list, is there a similar alternative made in the US?? I've looked at other small light-weights like this and they don't have all the features we want, like the Alto R1713 model has. We may end up putting our 2012 Arctic Fox 990 on a double-axle trailer to get the features we've become so spoiled having the past few years...it has it all. Haven't found a small trailer around the same weight with almost as good features as our Artic Fox until I saw your post on the Alto...NICE...you are lucky to have it for your R1T.
The NuCamp teardrops are made in PA as are Aliner and Ascape. Scamp is made in Minn. Casita is Texas. Meerkat is California.

I really like the Backpack from Armadillo in BC, but that's another one with an insane waiting list.

There's always Airstream, (Basecamp looks pretty aerodynamic)...that's Ohio.

Sponsored

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
about the tent camper...Haven't gotten a good take on the length of the bed with the tailgate down...
83.8" per the Rivian Website specs

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
There isn't anything like it anywhere else. It's got it all in a lightweight and aerodynamically efficient package. No wood to rot either! I see you're in Washington state. FWIW, Get Away RV in BC might sell you one off their showroom floor. This is what a fellow in Bend, Oregon did. He had just discovered the Alto, learned that Get Away had one and bought it after looking at our in-person. I think it took three weeks in total.

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
There isn't anything like it anywhere else. It's got it all in a lightweight and aerodynamically efficient package. No wood to rot either! I see you're in Washington state. FWIW, Get Away RV in BC might sell you one off their showroom floor. This is what a fellow in Bend, Oregon did. He had just discovered the Alto, learned that Get Away had one and bought it after looking at our in-person. I think it took three weeks in total.
Of course, the border is closed right now so nobody can get up there to pick it up...a couple vendors in Canada have indicated that they could get product across the border for pickup in a border town, so maybe so. Worth a checkout. Thanks!

BTW: anyone looking, remember that .CA sites post in CA dollars and right now the exchange rate is pretty good.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score