Sponsored

What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots)

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Currently have a 3-EV garage:
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) uWctWC4

That's a 2014 Tesla Model S 85, a 2019 Arcimoto FUV, and a 2015 BMW i3 REx. Tesla and BMW were both bought used for less than half their original prices.

Plus the old diesel Ford F-250 Powerstroke (7.3L V8 turbodiesel) :
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) IMG_2720

That truck's primary purpose was hauling that camper until we replaced the camper with a travel trailer in anticipation of upcoming Rivian R1T:
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) IMG_1898

Travel trailer is ~5000 lb empty, 7000 lb max weight - so within the range of the R1T.

And since I know people will ask - the funny middle EV in the first picture is the Arcimoto FUV:
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) Cascadia - Arcimoto FUV

3-wheel EV with ~100 mile (city) range, two seats, freeway capable. Made 100 miles from where I live. (They were the second "EV only" car maker to go IPO - Rivian will be the third. And I'll buy shares of Rivian at IPO just like the last two.)

In fact, here's an ironic picture of all four plugged in and charging at the same time! (The pickup gets driven so infrequently, I have to put it on a battery tender.)
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) IMG_1352

I have dual JuiceBox 40s on a single 60A circuit (allowing up to 48A combined load between the two,) one pictured charging the Tesla, the other is on the opposite wall behind me when taking the picture, charging the BMW. I had the Arcimoto on a 120V portable charge cord, and the Ford battery tender on another 120V extension cord.

When our R1T arrives, the Ford will go away. Probably either the Tesla or the BMW, as well - but that isn't set in stone yet. Leaning toward getting rid of the Tesla. The R1T won't be that much less efficient, and will probably become my spouse's daily commuter vehicle (in place of the Tesla, because the BMW doesn't have enough range.) The Tesla is grandfathered in to unlimited Supercharging, so would be great on road trips - but odds are any road trips will be towing the trailer, so would need the Rivian. Slight chance of getting rid of the BMW - but it's a great vehicle for around-town, and having these funny things called "windows" means it's a better vehicle for me to commute to work in the winter than the Arcimoto. (Although I did commute in the Arcimoto in rain and freezing-with-no-precipitation the first Winter I had it.)

We also have a preorder in on an F-150 Lightning. Once they start shipping, I'll compare to the R1T and decide if it's worth selling the Rivian to get the Lightning. (Or maybe becoming a two-EV-pickup house and selling the BMW.)

My teenager living at home has a 2001 Audi A4.
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) IMG_1590

I tried to convince him to buy an EV, but the only ones in his price range were old Nissan Leafs - and he wanted "performancey, and capable of driving to the mountain." AWD Audi fit the bill. It even came with a second set of wheels (the stock wheels) with still-decent-tread snow tires mounted.
Sponsored

stingerdav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan Pro-4x, Subaru Ascent
I currently drive a 2021 GMC Sierra 2500 HD AT4 Duramax. My family decided to go full time on the road for about 14 months, starting earlier this year, so my other rig is a 2021 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 FB Bunk. I was hoping Rivian would give me one of the R1T test mules so I could be their RV towing guinea pig, but the CS reps couldn't seem to take the hint :CWL:.

My automotive history has two themes, Jeeps and Trucks, so I'm definitely looking forward to the R1T being the best of both worlds when we wrap up our trip at the end of next summer.

Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) 6TN7fFBxCZdtSTr_BZJTjVKr=w1452-h1089-no?authuser=0
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) U3Sma_bE9V6rSiiNJPBqDS-c=w1452-h1089-no?authuser=0

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Currently have a V60 R Design... I'm debating keeping it once i get my truck but at the same time i've had 3 cars at the same time in the past and not enough time to drive them... (might become the wife's car and replace her Santa Fe).

Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) IMG_20160412_133810

Also have a 69 Roadrunner... obviously I'll be keeping this one :)
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) sidequarterrunner

Sponsored

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Picked up a ‘21 Tacoma TRD Pro in Lunar Rock as my placeholder vehicle until the R1T arrives. And as soon as it does I’ll be selling the Tacoma, so PM me if you’re interested in it.

Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) E6B9EB44-CBB9-4A1F-AF7C-5E63BBE70A73

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) 20210618_155234

2010 JK gets me to the back country

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) _1440854.JPG

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Commodore VF2 as the daily driver (6.2L V8+manual transmission)
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) ttZU4lr

FJ Cruiser for inclement weather (manual transmission)
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) sgiT8VG

Supra for the really nice weather days as everyone knows old Toyotas melt in the rain (also manual transmission)
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) 1rk7dMY

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@kanundrum Those lights are awesome. Is that a product or a do-it-yourself type of thing?

A little bit of both, they are called Hexagrid lights (I got mine from here but there are other places you can buy it from) and they come in about 150+ pieces and you have to mount them on the ceiling in the pattern.

After doing the install once I would say its a horribly painful install but the results are what they are so just keep in mind its like a 20+ hour process DIY or with 1 person. A Team of like 4 people could probably knock it out in less than 8 hours.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
A little bit of both, they are called Hexagrid lights (I got mine from here but there are other places you can buy it from) and they come in about 150+ pieces and you have to mount them on the ceiling in the pattern.

After doing the install once I would say its a horribly painful install but the results are what they are so just keep in mind its like a 20+ hour process DIY or with 1 person. A Team of like 4 people could probably knock it out in less than 8 hours.
I'll bet that amount of evenly dispursed light would make detailing and paint correction much easier than regular lighting. Jealous!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'll bet that amount of evenly dispursed light would make detailing and paint correction much easier than regular lighting. Jealous!

Yeap that is why I did it, made a world of difference though I feel I need more now on the left and right wall sides.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I was driving my 2015 Mustang GT but I sold it to a local dealership so I could use the money as a down payment for my Rivian. Used car prices are insane right now.
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) B3C77D11-36BA-4A63-ADC8-9EAC5473191F

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

This is one of the cars I got for 12 years.
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) zl1queen_20201110_101636_1
Sponsored