Sponsored

What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots)

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
2015 Tesla Model S 85D.
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) 4FBFAEDB-8B96-429F-8D51-A702AAE93A31

2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad.
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) BB5D1CDC-6F4F-4DFB-95F1-FDE9B2D4FF18

I’ll sell the 4Runner and give the Tesla to my daughter when I get my R1T.

Sponsored

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, FJ40, MG TF1500, Model S, Lotus
I admit; I may have a problem. Not enough space.
That was exactly my problem. Upgraded the space in the last year. Also, your FJ40 is beautiful!

Old space before the MG:
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) IMG_20180925_151852~2

New space with room to grow:
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) PXL_20201122_165244196.MP

The Kia will likely bite the dust when the Rivian arrives.

Last edited:

MW_Riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Land Cruiser 2000 Land Cruiser 2009 Ducati Sport Classic 1000S 2011Ducati StreetfighterS
New space with room to grow:
That Elise and 40 are sweet! I’ve always loved yellow vehicles, and those two are the most fun per dollar. At least used to be.
That barn/garage kicks butt. Kinda looks like you have a small bear or a big dog hiding in the back!

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Not going to lie...it'll be hard to get rid of this thing.
Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 8.26.20 AM

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
MY M5 and my Scoot. The M5 will likely be sold if I buy the R1T, which does not sit well with me.

I love that manual beast and have put a lot of money into keeping it tip top. However the R1T will theoretically do everything I want in one package which is why I am considering it. I like that the E39 is one of the greatest sports sedans ever produced. Trading it in for something like the first electric pickup truck seemed appropriate, even though I will likely not keep the R1T for decades.

Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) M5

Rivian R1T R1S What are you currently driving? (Glamour Shots) Scoot

Last edited:

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

MY M5 and my Scoot. The M5 will likely be sold if I buy the R1T, which does not sit well with me.

I love that manual beast and have put a lot of money into keeping it tip top. However the R1T will theoretically do everything I want in one package which is why I am considering it. I like that the E39 is one of the greatest sports sedans ever produced. Trading it in for something like the first electric pickup truck seemed appropriate, even though I will likely not keep the R1T for decades.

M5.jpg

Scoot.jpg
Your profile shows you also have a Silverado SS. Are you going to keep it once the R1T shows up? You said "the R1T will theoretically do everything I want in one package", but I would think the Silverado would be more redundant than the M5. Not to meddle, but don't be surprised when you arrive in Family Court to try and emancipate the M5 and find out I'm representing her, Pro Bono.

Not to be cocky, but if you try that old teary-eyed "But I need the Silverado for towing, your Honor!" type of defense, I have at least three Rivian Engineers and a number of upstanding, soon-to-be Rivian owners who will get you laughed out of court! I don't want to tip my hand by giving you the full name of my star witness against your spurious argument, but his initials are "RJ". Case closed!?

Last edited:

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Your profile shows you also have a Silverado SS. Are you going to keep it once the R1T shows up? You said "the R1T will theoretically do everything I want in one package", but I would think the Silverado would be more redundant than the M5. Not to meddle, but don't be surprised when you arrive in Family Court to try emancipate the M5 and find out I'm representing her, Pro Bono.

Not to be cocky, but if you try that old teary-eyed "But I need the Silverado for towing, your Honor!" type of defense, I have at least three Rivian Engineers and a number of upstanding soon-to-be Rivian owners who will get you laughed out of court! I don't want to tip my hand by giving you the full name of my star witness against your spurious argument, but his initials are RJ. Case closed!?
Interesting that you are trying to argue in court WHY I want to make a purchase. The vehicles we own as enthusiasts left practicality behind long ago...

I sold the Silverado two weeks ago (it was dying), so I will either be buying another ICE truck or an electric truck soon.

I will sell the M5 to justify the cost of the Electric Truck and the Rivian gives me sports sedan and all weather all road capability. Otherwise I will keep the M5 and buy an ICE truck so I can have performance and practicality, they are both good options.

Rivian is purposefully marketing to my use case and it speaks to me.

Performance
Drive through 3 feet of water. Rock crawl at a 100% grade. Traverse just about any terrain with 14 inches of ground clearance. With a 0-60 mph time in as quick as 3 seconds depending on your tire selection, it also delivers the on-road handling of a sports car.Âą
Sponsored

Last edited: