Sponsored

What are Rivian investors (DSP) doing in 2022 market

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Curious to see what my fellow Direct Share Participants are doing during these rocky times. I for one kept my initial position, which was 175 units at the IPO price and I bought an additional 45 since then during these latest drops. Also, did anyone cash out at the apex (~$170) and buy back in? I missed that but I’m long term to avoid all of that short term tax.
Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Sold my position at 150; bought it back at $77 and change. Happy to play with house money.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Held and bought more. I’m in it for the loooooonnnnng haul.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Bought the 175 at ipo. Then had a buy order sitting there for 125 @ $92 that triggered with latest dive.

Happy with my 300 shares.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Bought the full DSP allocation. Thought about selling at 170 (to reinvest the dip I figured was coming) but got cold feet. Bought another 50-odd shares in the low 80s. In it for the long haul.

A motivating comparison for me is that if I'd bought equivalent Tesla stock when I bought my Model three, I'd have a healthy seven figures to show for it right now. I don't expect anything like that out of my Rivian shares, but I'm ready to sit tight for a decade or two just in case.

Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Sold at 138 and kept one share for sentimental reasons. Bought 50 shares at 80. Waiting to see where the trend goes in the next few days. I think we will see the market test 75 or even below. Ready to reinvest my gains and initial investment.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I'm long.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Put in at DSP what we could justify to take out of our cash reserves for a decade or more. In it for at least 10-15 years. The daily stock dance doesn’t interest me. Statistically, betting and forgetting on good stocks or good indexes (S&P 500) are the most likely to keep you smiling. To each their own.

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Long hauling it....Depending on what the stock does may sell it to help finance the purchase of this really cool new truck I've been reading about.....LOL

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Let it ride. No reason to look at the current volatility.

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Put in at DSP what we could justify to take out of our cash reserves for a decade or more. In it for at least 10-15 years. The daily stock dance doesn’t interest me. Statistically, betting and forgetting on good stocks or good indexes (S&P 500) are the most likely to keep you smiling. To each their own.
What you said!

OP
OP

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Originally I had hoped that I would buy into the DSP and then when it’s time to pay for my Rivian, I could sell the stock and use that to pay down a good chunk of the price. I am a first half 2023 R1S reservation holder so I’m still hopeful that by the time I can take delivery I can sell a portion to use as a down payment. This would help convince my wife to let me buy the Rivian since she still needs some convincing given that we want to keep our next car for at least 10 years and Rivian is a new company. Obviously it would not work if I was taking delivery in 2022 given the volatility we have seen thus far. I think we are in for a roller-coaster of a year when even a burp from RJ sends the stock for a ride.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
I think we are in for a roller-coaster of a year when even a burp from RJ sends the stock for a ride.
That’s it. No more Dr. Pepper for RJ all year!

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
HODL

Diamond hands for now with my 100 shares at $78. I'll reassess whenever I damn well please, as conditions in my life change.
Sponsored