First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Well; more people are getting their trucks; maybe a fun diversion from complaining about the lack of cupholders would be a thread for owners to tell their favorite stories about encounters with random admirers while out and about?

…had my first tonight:

So we’re pulling out of a Brusters Ice Cream and sprinting across the road comes a random guy from the Dairy Queen that happens to be nearby: “I have an electric contracting business and we do a lot with evs; can you please let me take a picture of you by my trailer?”

“Sure,” I reply.

(Guy proceeds to apologize for the inconvenience and tosses a Dairy Queen gift card onto Heather lap from the
So we’re pulling out of brusters in Carlisle and sprinting across the road comes a random guy from the Dairy Queen: “I have an electric contracting business and we do a lot with evs; can you please let me take a picture of you by my trailer?”

“Sure,” I reply.

(Guy proceeds to apologize for the inconvenience and tosses a Dairy Queen gift card onto my wife’s lap from the window.)
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Had two separate people come up to me while I was unloading bottle returns from the bed of the truck. I let them both look inside. One of the guys said he has been working on the Amazon Auto program, has been inside the vans a lot but never the R1T.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
It happens daily in some form, but this weekend was maybe the funniest. At a stop light, the car next to me honks (not unusual), so I roll down the window and get hit with… “What the f*ck is that?!” I respond with “A Rivian, it’s an all electric truck.” “Who the f*ck makes it?!” “Rivian.” “It’s f*ckin’ dope!”

Thankfully the kids weren’t in the car with me. My wife was dying laughing.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Happens with me every time I drive the R1T. And the thing that surprises me is how many women come up to me and ask questions about it - they don’t know what it is, but they think the styling is beautiful. I thought I had a chick magnet when I bought a ‘77 Trans Am; little did I know I’d have to wait 45 years.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Happens with me every time I drive the R1T. And the thing that surprises me is how many women come up to me and ask questions about it - they don’t know what it is, but they think the styling is beautiful. I thought I had a chick magnet when I bought a ‘77 Trans Am; little did I know I’d have to wait 45 years.
Back then, it was you that was the chick magnet not Trans Am. Now it is R1T ;)

Edit: U100, I wouldn't joke about anything that does not apply to myself. I hope you were not offended.

Last edited:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Don’t have my R1T yet, but on the First Drive -

I was doing a test fit of the R1T in my townhouse garage. The Rivian rep and myself stepped out to look whether the truck will fit in my garage. Suddenly, I hear some indecipherable screaming approaching.

“WAIT WAIT WAIT DID YOU GET A RIVIAN? I WANT ONE OF THESE SO BAD.” There’s some random dude who comes running into my garage. I explain I’m doing a test drive, but I have an R1T on order. He settles down, explains he wants a ”Rivian” very bad, and let’s me get back to the test drive. “BUT F YOU DUDE. I HAVE TO WATCH YOU DRIVE BY MY HOUSE WITH ONE OF THESE EVERY DAY?”

Apparently he was one of my neighbors, but I had never met him before.

I get back in the truck and the Rivian rep says “Yea, that happens all the time.”

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I was going to an appointment in Tyler, TX. After making a right turn, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw what I thought was the reflection of my truck. I only had my truck a few days after having the windows tinted, and PPF applied. The rear window was darker than I was used to, so I couldn't comprehend how I was seeing my truck reflection.....then I looked in my side mirror and it was another Rivian trying to get me to pull over.

Seeing another Rivian behind me was never a consideration. Once I realized it was one though, I pulled over and we had a good visit. Same color, but different wheels. Mine are the 20" A/T.

Several places in Tyler asked me to stop by and show them the Rivian when I got it. I have an order for a Cadillac Lyriq as well, so I stopped by the Cadillac place and it just happened that a representative for the Lyriq was there to train. Four wanted to go for a ride, including her. My saleslady wanted to drive. She drove well, but admitted to being nervous the whole time. She wouldn't floor it. However, the guy at the Toyota dealership, young boy, had no problem wanting to floor it and did several times.

Actually, too many stories to tell. Seems like there is something each time I drive and everyone wants pictures......including me.

Rivian R1T R1S What’s your best “OMG is that a Rivian?!?” sighting moment? Tyler Rivian

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Dropping my mother at the airport on Mother's day, grabbing luggage from the frunk, a guy comes right up to my face and starts talking about Rivian and asking a million questions. My mother and wife are looking at me like, "Really, dude?" His wife says "okay come on now, I'm sure they want to say goodbye" and he keeps going.

I'm happy to do a show and tell, but there's a time and a place, right?

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I had a guy in front of me at a stop sign put his car in Park, get out, and come to my window to ask questions...

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I had a guy in front of me at a stop sign put his car in Park, get out, and come to my window to ask questions...

Sometimes you dont know if you are encountering a Fan or about to be Car Jacked lol

Lawrence-of-Blaine

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, GMC Envoy, Nissan 350Z
Occupation
Photographer/Artist
Clubs

If you could only own two cars, they'd be...

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE