elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
First day: literally the first 24hrs

- Neighbor drops by as it’s being unloaded. (Turns out he’s a notary and he helps sign the docs!)
- I’m turning left, car turning right flags me to go ahead (they wanted a good look and they clearly had right of way)
- Young guy hovers next to me pumping fist in the air as he passes
- Deep chat with ordering clerk at Chic-fil-A drive through
- Taking my first sunset pic and passer by stops with window down: “that’s a badass truck man! What is it?”
- Two random guys doing lawn work in their Taco freeze in their tracks, wave, stare, and smile as I drive down their street.
- 4 groups of people drop by in parking lot of Home Depot. Mini tours ensue. (First time returning to car with people standing around checking it out). One guy said “I just dropped $5k on Rivian shares and I’d like to see the product.”

I ain’t used to this.
Sponsored

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Was in a random parking lot, about to walk away from the truck, when I see a guy in the distance is walking toward me smiling with both fists in the air. Assuming a buddy of his was behind me or something, I didn't initially react. Then he shouts, "Rivian!"

He and his girlfriend were so excited to finally see one, and I let them check it out of course. They said they were wanting to get a test drive but they don't live in US full time I guess, so ordering one was complicated (didn't ask details on why). Then I figured why not take them around the block? So I did!

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
I've had a whole bunch of memorable stories. A couple worth sharing:
  • When I first got the truck in March, the owner of a car dealership (that I was a previous customer of) was one of the first to mob my car. We were leaving an event. He was so excited and checked it out thoroughly. He said he couldn't own one, but he could (and did) own stock. He loved it.

• I live 75 miles from a decent sized city. We went up there to do some shopping one weekend and I met up with someone who had one on order and had never seen one (met him on one of these types of forums). As he was test driving my truck, we passed another Rivian going the other direction. The shocked expression on his face was priceless! :p

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

A guy pulls up next to us and mouths 'cool truck' - my wife rolls down the window he kind of apologizes. She explains it happens all the time, and he said ok "what's the skateboard platform".

I thought - well that's a very original and interesting question.
Sponsored