Sponsored

What’s up with the R1S videos so far?

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Is it me or are the R1S videos pretty underwhelming so far? There was a hype build up to the July 6 release date and then the day came and went with few videos. I saw one lady YouTuber giving an overview of the R1S while her blouse was missing a button and you could see too much, and that made it to final cut 😲. I’m hoping this was just the first batch and better ones are coming.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Is it me or are the R1S videos pretty underwhelming so far? There was a hype build up to the July 6 release date and then the day came and went with few videos. I saw one lady YouTuber giving an overview of the R1S while her blouse was missing a button and you could see too much, and that made it to final cut 😲. I’m hoping this was just the first batch and better ones are coming.

What are your thoughts?
@kanundrum posted a thread with extensive & detailed reviews...even if some of the "facts" spoken by the reviewers are wrong.

Sponsored

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
I felt the same thing about underwhelming videos. I think most of it is because there is a lot of stuff we already know. I don't really care anymore about the speaker, the flashlight, or the Frunk. We know about Zero to 60, the interior, and the driving options.
I was very interested in the interior sizing, and the seating spacing for the second and third rows. But that was about it.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Someone needs to put a tent on top and compare it with sleeping inside, try putting large objects including plywood inside and drive away. Compare it side by side with R1T for parking, turning radius and break over angle off road. Demand the spare Rivian is selling and replace a wheel with it on gravel road and drive. Try to carry a full size spare. And do it all buttoned up, especially if it is a fat hairy dude doing the review.

Last edited:

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I read a printed review that basically said the R1T introduced all of the amazing tech from the R1 platform, and redefined what we expect from a truck with features like the gear tunnel, gear guard, camp kitchen, etc. The R1S doesn't offer any new features over the R1S but is a really amazing SUV, but more normal.

So my guess is the R1T generated all of the excitement being first, and the R1S is just what we would expect as an SUV based on the same platform.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

These initial reviews I think are geared more towards folks who have not heard or know about Rivian and their offerings. Hopefully, the next batch will have more indepth reviews.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@kanundrum posted a thread with extensive & detailed reviews...even if some of the "facts" spoken by the reviewers are wrong.

Yeap. Also as most mentioned all B Squad for whichever reason 😂, idk what's the deal but apparently more reviews coming soon from other outlets.

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I found her video to be one of the more interesting from a family/user standpoint.
As for her blouse, she kept moving these strollers around and probably lost a button. Who cares?

I totally agree that the S videos were quite underwhelming. The rainy setting, the not so adventurous off-roading, etc made for a lack of compelling content. As many have said the S doesn’t bring anything new to the SUV works outside of the frunk. It’s just a boring T with better proportions.

Maybe Rivian prefers selling the T rather than the S?
Maybe we’re also realizing that in the end it’s just another car/truck/SUV…

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yeap. Also as most mentioned all B Squad for whichever reason 😂, idk what's the deal but apparently more reviews coming soon from other outlets.
The R1S will have a permanent home at Venice hub starting Next week....hopefully at other strategic places across the country so people can go see one for themselves.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I found her video to be one of the more interesting from a family/user standpoint.
As for her blouse, she kept moving these strollers around and probably lost a button. Who cares?

I totally agree that the S videos were quite underwhelming. The rainy setting, the not so adventurous off-roading, etc made for a lack of compelling content. As many have said the S doesn’t bring anything new to the SUV works outside of the frunk. It’s just a boring T with better proportions.

Maybe Rivian prefers selling the T rather than the S?
Maybe we’re also realizing that in the end it’s just another car/truck/SUV…
Let's leave that lady's wardrobe malfunction alone people...focus on the product.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Production values are important. But at least she didn’t do a cheesy commercial halfway through for watery gr(H)uel cooked up on the tailgate.
Sponsored