Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I put together a simple and quick to deploy/stash prototype solution for working while out in the woods and thought I'd share some pictures. I plan on making a more refined version once I have used it a while and identify improvements. The leg swings from a quick release position underneath and is height adjustable. I created a frame that seats around two sides of the raised part of the inner gear tunnel door so it has a fixed stable position. The power strip is mounted behind the monitor and with some basic cable management there is no issue with cords getting in the way. If you are wondering about the stacked scrap 2x2 pieces, those are there to keep the table from rocking back and forth while in the gear tunnel.

It sure beats the office and it's nice to take a break and go for a hike, though I am somewhat limited to elevated points where I can get a cell signal.

*The other awning pole fits fine with the setup, but I just didn't have it in place when I took the picture.

Rivian R1T R1S WFF (work from forest) setup Image20220523170954

Rivian R1T R1S WFF (work from forest) setup Image20220523170922

We also used it last weekend while taking a break from some off-road driving with my kids to watch a movie.
Rivian R1T R1S WFF (work from forest) setup Image20220523171004
Sponsored

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Love it!

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
"I can't seem to get in the flow today. Everytime I start to work, Buck stops by to chit-chat, and Robin is really loud over on the other side of the office. At least Chip is mostly quiet running around."

Rivian R1T R1S WFF (work from forest) setup Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 4.50.13 PM
Rivian R1T R1S WFF (work from forest) setup Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 4.50.42 PM
Rivian R1T R1S WFF (work from forest) setup Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 4.50.56 PM

Sponsored

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Cell signal? ... Starlink
I have Starlink at the house, but not sure my family would be happy with me if I ran off with the internet. It is definitely viable with the recent portability service upgrade option so you can take it outside of your assigned "cell". I suppose I could get a second unit...

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I have Starlink at the house, but not sure my family would be happy with me if I ran off with the internet. It is definitely viable with the recent portability service upgrade option so you can take it outside of your assigned "cell". I suppose I could get a second unit...
That link is to their new mobile antenna. Musk tweeted it was "too big for a car but great for an RV" - I think it'd work well for a Rivian work/play system (the 4-wheel office is something I have in mind too)

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
F YES

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

That link is to their new mobile antenna. Musk tweeted it was "too big for a car but great for an RV" - I think it'd work well for a Rivian work/play system (the 4-wheel office is something I have in mind too)
Our Starlink RV arrives this weekend!
That offering that popped up this week made it possible to get internet for our camper when we otherwise would have been waiting for ~6 months. (PNW is waitlisted, but the RV versions isn't.)

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Anyone thought about using a WeBoost w/ the Rivian - specifically to boost the LTE reception the vehicle already has? Or I guess you could use it to boost your cell and hotspot your truck off your phone.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Anyone thought about using a WeBoost w/ the Rivian - specifically to boost the LTE reception the vehicle already has? Or I guess you could use it to boost your cell and hotspot your truck off your phone.
I am looking to add the WeBoost Drive Reach once I get my R1T. our neighbor used it for a trip from Bend to Chicago and only lost a signal for 30 minutes the whole way.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I am looking to add the WeBoost Drive Reach once I get my R1T. our neighbor used it for a trip from Bend to Chicago and only lost a signal for 30 minutes the whole way.
i am close to pulling the trigger myself. just need to think about how i would install it.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
i am close to pulling the trigger myself. just need to think about how i would install it.
I already have the WeBoost drive reach and have installed it on my 2 previous cars (Tacoma and Forester). Once I get the R1T will probably run it on from the rear passenger side door jammed have the main unit on the back floor underneath the from t passenger seat ( will have a dog hammock, so you really wont see it) Will take pics and post once I get the R1t
Sponsored