kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

😱 oh no. Glad to hear no one was hurt physically. Mentally, maybe not 🤷‍♂️ hope u get your new replacement soonest.
Sponsored

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
Sorry to hear about that beautiful blue R1T getting smashed. Glad to hear the truck did its safety job which is first and foremost. If you don't already have one, I am happy to send you a Blue R1T matchbox to put on your desk in the meantime while you sort out the replacement. My mom found 3 of them at a Cincinnati Dollar Tree. Just send me a PM and I will ship it out to you.
😁😁😁

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
On the downside, there is no way I’ll get a tax credit for this new truck.
Why's that? I didn't know about limits on taking multiple credits, especially in different years. I know it's only eligible for 3750 from the feds, but I think all of CO is still available - together that's a pretty good chunk of change.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
Glad no one in either vehicle was hurt, you seem to be taking this all in stride, good for you.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Why's that? I didn't know about limits on taking multiple credits, especially in different years. I know it's only eligible for 3750 from the feds, but I think all of CO is still available - together that's a pretty good chunk of change.
It’s over $80K and won’t qualify for the federal tax credit. I think Colorado’s new tax credit has the same limit.

BUT, on the good news side of things, Gary is doing great!
Rivian R1T R1S We're OK, but our R1T is not..... rear ended accident IMG_0016

Sponsored

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
So sorry to hear about the accident! Glad everyone is OK.

I am sure you will be fine. I think your insurance will definitely fight for you to get a new truck, especially with your coverage/being through Rivian's partner.

On the silver lining side, it seems like R1T production is ramping and with some new improvements, so this problem shouldn't last too much longer hopefully and then you'll have a new improved truck!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Sucks about the truck but at least everyone is ok. With the new midsize offerings from Toyota/Chevy/GMC/Ford there are certainly some midsize options that should be nice less expensive options, although without the fun power numbers.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Glad everyone is ok. It is almost certainly totalled, which is what you want. If not pursue the diminished value and it might help total it.

I was worried about the tuck not crashing well against lifted vehicles, but it did very good. Model S had this tendency and it was the biggest reason I did not buy it in 2017.

Was the truck not drivable after the accident? Did airbags deploy?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Glad everyone is ok. It is almost certainly totalled, which is what you want. If not pursue the diminished value and it might help total it.

I was worried about the tuck not crashing well against lifted vehicles, but it did very good. Model S had this tendency and it was the biggest reason I did not buy it in 2017.

Was the truck not drivable after the accident? Did airbags deploy?
We were hit in the rear so no on the airbags question. The truck kept throwing errors like the gear tunnel was open (it was closed) and wouldn’t drive more than a slow pace. After seeing the potential frame damage I decided it wasn’t safe to drive it on a highway that was as incredibly busy as I-25 was.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
We were hit in the rear so no on the airbags question. The truck kept throwing errors like the gear tunnel was open (it was closed) and wouldn’t drive more than a slow pace. After seeing the potential frame damage I decided it wasn’t safe to drive it on a highway that was as incredibly busy as I-25 was.
I agree, wouldn't want to drive it, but was wondering if it can get off the freeway, to the shoulder.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I agree, wouldn't want to drive it, but was wondering if it can get off the freeway, to the shoulder.
We were in the left lane and able to make it to the left shoulder.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Hey - just adding another post that I'm sorry this happened but glad you are ok. I have seen you posting since I joined - well before any of us had a truck - and I hope you get it fixed OR another one soon so you can get back to enjoying the Rivian experience.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

So glad you and your family are unhurt, I’ve had interactions with you here and on the Wrangler forums over the years and am sorry you have to go through this. You are one of the better contributors so I for one hope that you get a brand new R1T and stay on this forum.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Most important-you and your family are ok. How difficult is it to drive and not hit the car infront of you? Apparently, it's a daily occurrence so it is difficult. I bet they were on their phone. Wish there was a way for insurance to find out and if they were-bring public flogging back! Sorry for the rant but we are all waiting and waiting for these wonderful cars and then once we get them-someone does this. At least you have the insurance that others have had a good replacement experience with. All the best mate!
Sponsored