Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Glad you are all ok @Sgt Beavis.

Hope you are able to get back into the R1T shop and back on the road asap. IIRC others have done so post total accidents.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Why's that? I didn't know about limits on taking multiple credits, especially in different years. I know it's only eligible for 3750 from the feds, but I think all of CO is still available - together that's a pretty good chunk of change.
I'll have to check. CO changed the credit. I heard there was an $80K cutoff but the devil is in those details. I'm not going to count on it but it'll be a pleasant surprise if I get some credit back.

Make sure you grab all of your extra equipment you may have bought (ikamper, rubber floor mats, etc.)!! Some are forgetting them and having to buy them again.
I'm pretty sure I won't leave the iKamper behind.. :CWL:

Spare tire, gear guard cable...
No kiddin' on that spare. Even if the tire is popped I want that back. I paid $1000 for it.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
It's painful to see the same truck, color, and iKamper Mini get so brutalized.

I hope the guy behind you got his text out before plowing into you. That is the most important thing apparently. :p

I just don't get why its so important for people to be messing with their phones, and following so closely.

It's almost pointless to own nice things these days because of so many idiots on the road. It doesn't matter if its WA State, Colorado, Florida, etc.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
So sorry to hear about this, but glad as others have said that everyone was ok! Hope you get a new replacement very quickly!!

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
Sorry Corporal Butthead was following too closely. Glad everyone’s ok and hope Nationwide treat you properly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Sorry Corporal Butthead was following too closely. Glad everyone’s ok and hope Nationwide treat you properly.
He’s a Major Butthead. 🤪

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

😭😭😭😭
Today I had the most expensive trip to IKEA without buying a damn thing.
It was wet and rainy and the guy behind me wasn't quick on the stop. He got a face full of air bag and distroyed his otherwise lovely X-Terra that he said he paid off just a couple of months ago.

I was well behind the guy in front of me. Even as I hit the brakes I was looking for my escape route as I saw the X-Terra in my side mirror. I tried to get out of his way but he tagged me anyways.

On the positive side my wife, son, and I are completely unharmed. The truck DID ITS JOB.
On the negative, I think the frame is significantly bent. The tow hitch receiver has be shoved back into the truck and is bent upwards. If you look at the bed floor, it has be shoved up, potentially be the frame. IMO its worse than it looks.

I called Rivian service and they dispatched a tow truck. BTW, Rivian service is great but their software makes it hard for them to request a tow truck without a street address. We were on an interstate which does't have street addresses. I think they could make that go a bit easier. I was able to give them a pretty precise location. It took a long time for the tow to show up but the driver knew exactly what to do. He also had a large enough cab that he could get the family and I off the highway and all the way back home since it was on the way to the tow yard. He was a pretty nice fellow but he thinks my truck is totaled.

I've got Rivian/Nationwide insurance so I'm now crossing my fingers that I'm not going to be screwed out of owning a Rivian. Mine was bought at the original price, just under $80k. That same truck is now about $95K. So i'm not sure how that works. I do have New Car Replacement Plus coverage so fingers crossed.

rivian r1t accident rear ended.jpg

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG
Currently owning both vehicles, this hurts me twice as much.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Sorry to see your truck got wrecked. But glad everyone is OK.

Not to be the negative guy here, but I am wondering how a situation like this would work if you have a loan on the truck. Normally, when rates are stable, it's no big deal but I know rates jumped a ton since you got yours. Can they just change the VIN on the existing loan or does the current loan get paid off and you need to get a new loan for the new truck? Which would likely mean a much higher monthly payment due to the higher interest rates. Don't know if you have a loan, just wondering about the situation.
Unfortunately the answer is "no", they cannot (and will not) changeout the VIN on an existing loan. Even if they could, why would a lender do that? The current loan has to be closed out (probably with insurance proceeds which have to be properly accounted for). Let's just hope OP had a "replacement cost" rider or policy since prices have also gone up significantly (post Mar 1 2022).

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sorry to see this!!! Did you get the drive cam footage?

Sponsored

JeffADK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Convertible, Tractor, UTV
Occupation
All the time
Clubs

Like others, I'm so sorry to hear about your crash, Rick, but I'm relieved to hear that you and your family were unhurt.

It's not just metro areas - a large number of drivers everywhere drive like they are in a video game and distracted driving certainly seems much more prevalent to me. The only consolation is that our vehicles are safer.

Good luck with your claim process and stay safe and optimistic, my friend.

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
Glad you and your family are fine.
From the looks of the X-T, you got hit from a fast moving vehicle and other factors. Something I noticed after 1 petal driving and braking regeneration (both in Teslas and now Rivian). Folks behind you don't anticipate the vehicle slowing down faster than expected coupled with tailgating is a recipe for disaster. It would be interesting to see the video to verify this. I have had a few close calls from these knuckleheads, and it is always unsettling that they are not paying attention, traveling too fast and not taking the braking regenerate into account.
Now, I get off my soap box and hope you get made whole asap.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Unfortunately the answer is "no", they cannot (and will not) changeout the VIN on an existing loan. Even if they could, why would a lender do that? The current loan has to be closed out (probably with insurance proceeds which have to be properly accounted for). Let's just hope OP had a "replacement cost" rider or policy since prices have also gone up significantly (post Mar 1 2022).
It doesn't matter whether OP has replacement policy, it wasn't his fault. Although it IS a good idea to verify your policy includes this in case you have an accident that is deemed your fault.
This situation could really cost him anyway. I ran the numbers on my loan and since the rates have jumped so much (my CU has hiked rates almost 4% since I got my loan - I got a really good deal) it would cost me an extra $6000+ over the life of the loan! And the other guys' insurance company certainly won't reimburse him for that, even though I would argue they really are responsible for it. Another hidden cost of being a victim of a bad driver.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It doesn't matter whether OP has replacement policy, it wasn't his fault. Although it IS a good idea to verify your policy includes this in case you have an accident that is deemed your fault.
This situation could really cost him anyway. I ran the numbers on my loan and since the rates have jumped so much (my CU has hiked rates almost 4% since I got my loan - I got a really good deal) it would cost me an extra $6000+ over the life of the loan! And the other guys' insurance company certainly won't reimburse him for that, even though I would argue they really are responsible for it. Another hidden cost of being a victim of a bad driver.
It looks like Navy FCU is up about 1.5% over the rate I got. I'm planning to mitigate that by paying down the principal on the replacement vehicle. I got $11K in tax credits from my current R1T sitting in savings. I was looking to apply that to my current truck but now it'll go to the replacement.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

😭😭😭😭
Today I had the most expensive trip to IKEA without buying a damn thing.
It was wet and rainy and the guy behind me wasn't quick on the stop. He got a face full of air bag and distroyed his otherwise lovely X-Terra that he said he paid off just a couple of months ago.

I was well behind the guy in front of me. Even as I hit the brakes I was looking for my escape route as I saw the X-Terra in my side mirror. I tried to get out of his way but he tagged me anyways.

On the positive side my wife, son, and I are completely unharmed. The truck DID ITS JOB.
On the negative, I think the frame is significantly bent. The tow hitch receiver has be shoved back into the truck and is bent upwards. If you look at the bed floor, it has be shoved up, potentially be the frame. IMO its worse than it looks.

I called Rivian service and they dispatched a tow truck. BTW, Rivian service is great but their software makes it hard for them to request a tow truck without a street address. We were on an interstate which does't have street addresses. I think they could make that go a bit easier. I was able to give them a pretty precise location. It took a long time for the tow to show up but the driver knew exactly what to do. He also had a large enough cab that he could get the family and I off the highway and all the way back home since it was on the way to the tow yard. He was a pretty nice fellow but he thinks my truck is totaled.

I've got Rivian/Nationwide insurance so I'm now crossing my fingers that I'm not going to be screwed out of owning a Rivian. Mine was bought at the original price, just under $80k. That same truck is now about $95K. So i'm not sure how that works. I do have New Car Replacement Plus coverage so fingers crossed.

IMG_9995.JPG
I am not an expert, but his tires look a little on the bald side for a 4x4.
Sponsored