Sponsored

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Oh no! Always glad to hear you’re all ok. Interesting how that bed gets bent up like that in all the rear enders. Hope the insurance process is a smooth one. We opted for full replacement insurance too, that pre-March pricing sealed that.
Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I hope you get everything sorted out soon, but I’m glad to hear that you and your family are ok!

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Sorry to hear Beavis, glad to hear everyone's okay. We were both were on our Rivian journey with similar timelines. Patiently waiting delivery till last year. Randomly my Ikamper 2.0 is set to delivery on Tuesday. I also have the Rivian nationwide insurance, ill be watching how your claim plays out. I hope your back behind the wheel soon. Side note I think you had a Raptor previously. I sat in my buddies new 3rd gen tonight. Pretty sick rig, almost sweet enough to tempt me back to ICE.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Sorry to hear about that beautiful blue R1T getting smashed. Glad to hear the truck did its safety job which is first and foremost. If you don't already have one, I am happy to send you a Blue R1T matchbox to put on your desk in the meantime while you sort out the replacement. My mom found 3 of them at a Cincinnati Dollar Tree. Just send me a PM and I will ship it out to you.
Thanks but I’m good to go in the Matchbox dept. ;)

So sorry to hear Sgt.! Glad everyone is ok.

I have a feeling I have admired your blue truck several times around Boulder county? I’m sure the new one will be even better!
Hopefully I’ll be making OZO runs again soon. For now I’ll have to do it my wife’s monster jeep.

Sorry to hear Beavis, glad to hear everyone's okay. We were both were on our Rivian journey with similar timelines. Patiently waiting delivery till last year. Randomly my Ikamper 2.0 is set to delivery on Tuesday. I also have the Rivian nationwide insurance, ill be watching how your claim plays out. I hope your back behind the wheel soon. Side note I think you had a Raptor previously. I sat in my buddies new 3rd gen tonight. Pretty sick rig, almost sweet enough to tempt me back to ICE.
I do dig the new Raptor but all these Ford dealers have over $10K in markkups. So hard no on that. Also, with regular gas still being around $3.50 (and Premium being around $4) my R1T was MUCH cheaper to operate than a Raptor. Of course I don’t think I can step DOWN to just 450HP. ;)

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’m glad everyone was ok!

I will be curious how the Rivian Nationwide insurance does for you. I was under the impression the price difference between pre and post 3/1 would not be covered? Obviously this was Xterra guy’s fault so that may not matter?

If something like this happens to me I will not be able to afford a T at the new pricing so my plan would be to pick up a slightly used T as a replacement.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’m glad everyone was ok!

I will be curious how the Rivian Nationwide insurance does for you. I was under the impression the price difference between pre and post 3/1 would not be covered? Obviously this was Xterra guy’s fault so that may not matter?

If something like this happens to me I will not be able to afford a T at the new pricing so my plan would be to pick up a slightly used T as a replacement.
This gives me hope that I can get back into an R1T…
Rivian R1T R1S We're OK, but our R1T is not..... rear ended accident IMG_1154

If not, I’ll probably be going back to an ICE vehicle. I may try to get a F150 Raptor or go down to one car for a while and wait for the new Taco.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
IMG_1154.jpeg

If not, I’ll probably be going back to an ICE vehicle. I may try to get a F150 Raptor or go down to one car for a while and wait for the new Taco.
I really hope you’re right about that. Wish you didn’t have to test that policy out at all :asshat:

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Glad all are well. As for the truck, that is really sad. It made my stomach ache to read your post and see the pictures.

Brian

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Glad no one was hurt. This type of damage doesn't look that bad on the surface but with the few other estimate on repairs for a banged up Rivian on a few youtube videos...This is probably totaled. I think this may be an issue with Rivian vehicles is the repairability...with large integrated panels there may not be such a thing as a small fender bender. Glad everyone is well and trucks etc can be repaired/replaced.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Sorry to see your truck got wrecked. But glad everyone is OK.

Not to be the negative guy here, but I am wondering how a situation like this would work if you have a loan on the truck. Normally, when rates are stable, it's no big deal but I know rates jumped a ton since you got yours. Can they just change the VIN on the existing loan or does the current loan get paid off and you need to get a new loan for the new truck? Which would likely mean a much higher monthly payment due to the higher interest rates. Don't know if you have a loan, just wondering about the situation.

Sponsored

RosenbergDE

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Application Programmer Analyst
Damn dude, I'm glad you and your family are all right. I took delivery of my R1T yesterday (yay!) from the Denver service center, and may have been on the same roads you were.

The weather yesterday was terrible for highway driving, but no amount or type of precipitation seems to change the way people drive around Denver. I was terrified of this exact type of accident until I got out of town, and I'm sorry it happened to a Rivian owner.

I hope you can get this resolved quickly and get your truck repaired, or at least replaced. The truck bed buckling up could just be from rear impact on those segments; they do seem pretty sturdy. But the bent tow hitch doesn't inspire confidence 🙁

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I'm so glad you're okay.

Meltdwn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Business Owner
Thais is gut wrenching. Glad all are safe.

Clearly, the XTerra is at fault. One has to wonder if the small tail lights are harder to notice if a following driver is a little distracted. In this case, the large high mounted light appears to be obscured by the iKamper.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

IMG_1154.jpeg

Or just buy a used R1T. With all the flippers out there I assume you could get a low mileage truck for a fair price but I hope Rivian and Nationwide live up to their promises. Glad the truck kept your family safe.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

be the negative guy here, but I am wondering how a situation like this would work if you have a loan on the truck. Normally, when rates are stable, it's no big deal but I know rates jumped a ton since you got yours. Can they just change the VIN on the existing loan or does the current loan get paid off and you need to get a new loan for the n
I’m fairly certain it’ll be a new loan. Navy FCU has increased their rates by 1.5% since i purchased my truck. I do have a plan for that though. I’ve got my $11K tax credit from my previous R1T. I should be able to roll positive equity from my truck and that tax credit into the new truck. That should help any payment. On the downside, there is no way I’ll get a tax credit for this new truck. But that’s life.

Damn dude, I'm glad you and your family are all right. I took delivery of my R1T yesterday (yay!) from the Denver service center, and may have been on the same roads you were.

The weather yesterday was terrible for highway driving, but no amount or type of precipitation seems to change the way people drive around Denver. I was terrified of this exact type of accident until I got out of town, and I'm sorry it happened to a Rivian owner.

I hope you can get this resolved quickly and get your truck repaired, or at least replaced. The truck bed buckling up could just be from rear impact on those segments; they do seem pretty sturdy. But the bent tow hitch doesn't inspire confidence 🙁
It didn’t help the other guy that he was driving on cheap mud terrain tires. I spotted that pretty quickly. I’ll be sure to avoid driving through Denver the next time the roads are wet. There are a lot of novice drivers around here. I’ll probably take the 470 loop. I’d rather pay the tolls than deal with this again.
Sponsored