Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Just watching my truck slowly slip into the night.

Rivian R1T R1S We're OK, but our R1T is not..... rear ended accident IMG_0194
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

IMG_0194.jpeg
That's such a sad post, almost brought a tear to my eye and it's not even my truck.

hilld

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Cooper SE, Z4, X1
Got official word back this morning that my truck has been declared a total loss. Next up will be a call from the adjuster to get a replacement vehicle.

One thing that sucks is that I'll lose the power tonneau if I get a new R1T. I really liked that feature. It's one thing that may push me to getting an R1S instead. That said, I do use the gear tunnel all the time. I think I'd miss it.

A few more pics of I took at the collision center on Monday.

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG
What is going on with those tires? The insides look quite strange, unless that is an optical illusion from the camera.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management

IMG_0194.jpeg
The urge to want to charge it is overwhelming! @Sgt Beavis hope you decide to stay with Rivian for your next vehicle. I've appreciated your contributions to the Rivian community.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Got official word back this morning that my truck has been declared a total loss. Next up will be a call from the adjuster to get a replacement vehicle.

One thing that sucks is that I'll lose the power tonneau if I get a new R1T. I really liked that feature. It's one thing that may push me to getting an R1S instead. That said, I do use the gear tunnel all the time. I think I'd miss it.
The adage is "it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

Enjoy your memories and think of it this way - us poor souls who are STILL WAITING for their R1T because we refuse to budge on not having a power tonneau - never had a chance to love yet.

I offer you free membership to the "Power Tonneau Or Bust Club." We need as many voices as we can yelling at Rivian to follow through with getting that option configurable again for production.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

What is going on with those tires? The insides look quite strange, unless that is an optical illusion from the camera.
Yea, I think it’s just the camera and the fact that the suspension is just hanging there.

Arnie1

First Name
Arnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander XSE, 2022 Toyota Avalon XSE
Occupation
Consulting Engineer
😭😭😭😭
Today I had the most expensive trip to IKEA without buying a damn thing.
It was wet and rainy and the guy behind me wasn't quick on the stop. He got a face full of air bag and distroyed his otherwise lovely X-Terra that he said he paid off just a couple of months ago.

I was well behind the guy in front of me. Even as I hit the brakes I was looking for my escape route as I saw the X-Terra in my side mirror. I tried to get out of his way but he tagged me anyways.

On the positive side my wife, son, and I are completely unharmed. The truck DID ITS JOB.
On the negative, I think the frame is significantly bent. The tow hitch receiver has be shoved back into the truck and is bent upwards. If you look at the bed floor, it has be shoved up, potentially be the frame. IMO its worse than it looks.

I called Rivian service and they dispatched a tow truck. BTW, Rivian service is great but their software makes it hard for them to request a tow truck without a street address. We were on an interstate which does't have street addresses. I think they could make that go a bit easier. I was able to give them a pretty precise location. It took a long time for the tow to show up but the driver knew exactly what to do. He also had a large enough cab that he could get the family and I off the highway and all the way back home since it was on the way to the tow yard. He was a pretty nice fellow but he thinks my truck is totaled.

I've got Rivian/Nationwide insurance so I'm now crossing my fingers that I'm not going to be screwed out of owning a Rivian. Mine was bought at the original price, just under $80k. That same truck is now about $95K. So i'm not sure how that works. I do have New Car Replacement Plus coverage so fingers crossed.

rivian r1t accident rear ended.jpg

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG
Sorry about the rear ender but glad all are ok.
My Nationwide quote from Rivian has a new car replacement plus clause.
Sounds great theyll pay the purchase price for total loss for 3 years..but only upt o 110%.
So if you got grandfathered price of 80K theyll only pay 88K while your true replacement cost now is 100K..so your still out 12K. Bummer!
Sponsored