First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MB AMG C43 Conv, 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Boeing
I'm a R1S 9/2021 holder and at one point I was pushed out to H2 2024 and most recent april update, got pulled forward to Q4 and I thought that was super exciting. then on Wednessday 6/7, totally out of blue received an email to confirm my config (white, FE, 20 AT dark). emailed the guide and by 6pm yesterday I'm in the shop refreshing the page every minute and little over 12 hours later I have a confirmed order (with VIN) for a launch green with FE, AT standard. The Double green was my dream config but I never thought I would get a chance to snatch a LE in the shop.

Not trying to brag about it.. I am usually not this lucky or is the demand waning off? or are they really trying to priotize march pre-price holders forward? Has anyone else pre-march-pricing-eta-Q4 people getting invited to confirm their config suddenly? Shop had over 60+ R1Ts including one Launch edition (black) by the way.

I would like to think that I just got lucky or factory is really ramping up (judging by the availability of R1Ts). As a stock holder, hoping it's not the deman problem (falling auction price does worry me a bit)
Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I think they were managing expectations 6 months ago, but have ramped production significantly.

paulambros

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Subaru Forester
Clubs

I am really hoping this is the case and the PNW doesn't continue to be backlogged by only having the Bellevue SC. Hopefully my Q2 24 moves up in Q4 time frame.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

keep tracking your purchase progress on this thread, if you don't mind. I likewise had a Q3 window and granted shop access in mid-May. I snagged a Launch green/FE with 20" Brights literally inside of 5 minutes of gaining (knowing) I had access to the shop. The 8-step process opened that evening or next day and I progressed to step 7 (Payment) within a couple days. My Guide said to pause at that point and await the vehicle's arrival at my local service center. Now three weeks later Rivian has informed me the vehicle departed plant in IL and is in-transit. Not complaining in any way. Just wasn't sure what to expect but taking a month (if it comes by next weekend) is longer than I figured. Upside is that during this time I've compiled a list of mods/accessories that I'd like to get soon after taking ownership.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Just wasn't sure what to expect but taking a month (if it comes by next weekend) is longer than I figured.
Taking a month from VIN assignment to step 8 (delivery scheduling) opening up is the norm. Rivian will tell you 6-8 weeks, but typical is 1 month and it can even be much faster if you're purchasing out of the shop and the vehicle is already at your local service center.

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I am really hoping this is the case and the PNW doesn't continue to be backlogged by only having the Bellevue SC.
Bellevue is a bottleneck. It is a smaller service center than most, and it is in an area that has more Rivians than most.

Rivian has been trying to open a second service center in the area from some time now. The Redmond location (Willows road) fell through. The Tukwila location is still being constructed. There is a lot of push-back from the dealer lobby that is making it difficult for Rivian to operate in WA. That's the reason they stopped offering test drives out of Bellevue - the dealer lobby argued that test drives were sales-related activities that only dealers could do, and complained to the state because Rivian isn't a dealer.

The overall strategy is to have a service center near Seattle for all the Amazon vans, and to either move the current service center or to open a second service center in the Seattle area for customer vehicles.

Bellevue is overworked, but my experience is that they are good people and do a good job under the constraints they have. Unfortunately that also means that routine problems like panel gaps are going to take many months to get to. But they seem to prioritize major problems and get to them sooner, and they have been great about doing tire rotations in the same week, so they are clearly trying to make the best of the current situation.

OP
OP

tjp74

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing
Guide told me that it's in IL... so figuring a month minium. Just completed initial few steps but likewise my guide suggested I hold off on getting the loan until vehicle is in motion. I was previously told that cars bound to west coast are getting on the train which is much slower than trucks.

on the other hand, for those of you expecting to get the shop access soon, my access was granted within hours of my guide submitting the request and you will see the green bar/link at the top of your config page to click and oh boy, cars come and go every minute 24 hours a day literally. If you are looking for a specific config like a LE... be prepared to loose a lot of sleep. I saw 2 launch greens show up in 12 hours, of which I snagged one. other had a BM interior and that too didn't stay more than 15 minutes. Available model fluctuated from 3 to like 25 through out the day... sometimes a dozen would show up, sometimes 1-2 trickly in. Some config disappears within minutes, some stayed all day long and not claimed. Most commons are BM followed by OC and then FE. for extrior, lots of whites and lime, FG and occational RC, blue and even yellow. Silver and El cap too and all kinds of config some with under shield, spare and even protective film but all quad motors. That's R1S. and like I said there are dozens and dozens of R1Ts... may be over 100 at one point including 1 launch edition. And speakinog of early pricing, if you are locked into early pricing, yes, cars you see there will reflect the original pricing including launch edition and yes you get the original LE freebies like 20"AT or 22" Sport brights for free if you are lucky to snatch one. I hope everyone waiting for one would get theirs much sooner than expected.

Last edited:

stanleythor

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design
Occupation
Anesthesiologist
I'm very confused. I've had a reservation for a couple of years and recently got notification that my configuration was locked in. Originally expected 2/23, then bumped 9/23 since there wasn't a SC in my area. Now expected "May/June" and I got direct coms from Austin SC with a VIN and news that S would be delivered next week by the 16th. Phone call today from guide who said Austin rep jumped the gun, no idea where my S is or whether quoted VIN is accurate.
Are they selling vehicles aff the site for 95k and avoiding getting me my 75.5k launch edition? My enthusiasm is waning.
The IPO stock access was a bonus since I sold immediately luckily.
Launch green, black int, wall charger(haven't seen it)

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
My R1T took about 10-12 days to go from the factory to the Jan José SC. On the train.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I'm very confused. I've had a reservation for a couple of years and recently got notification that my configuration was locked in. Originally expected 2/23, then bumped 9/23 since there wasn't a SC in my area. Now expected "May/June" and I got direct coms from Austin SC with a VIN and news that S would be delivered next week by the 16th. Phone call today from guide who said Austin rep jumped the gun, no idea where my S is or whether quoted VIN is accurate.
Are they selling vehicles aff the site for 95k and avoiding getting me my 75.5k launch edition? My enthusiasm is waning.
The IPO stock access was a bonus since I sold immediately luckily.
Launch green, black int, wall charger(haven't seen it)
I understand your frustration and waning enthusiasm… but it’s worth the wait.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tjp74

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing
Are they selling vehicles aff the site for 95k and avoiding getting me my 75.5k launch edition?
I doubt that they are letting late reservation holders jump the queue and offering these at 95k at this point. Rivian CFO(?) indicated that they are committed to delivering all early (pre-3/3022) reservation holders by end of this year and I think that is the reason I was invited to lock in and given a shop access several month ahead of most recent estimate update (Q4). I am 9/2021 and got the LE at the original pricing.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I doubt that they are letting late reservation holders jump the queue and offering these at 95k at this point. Rivian CFO(?) indicated that they are committed to delivering all early (pre-3/3022) reservation holders by end of this year and I think that is the reason I was invited to lock in and given a shop access several month ahead of most recent estimate update (Q4). I am 9/2021 and got the LE at the original pricing.
That statement about all pre March order holders by the end of this year is true for R1T (except locations they don’t sell to now) but for R1S the backlog goes into 2024 (I was one such person).

hilld

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Cooper SE, Z4, X1
I am really hoping this is the case and the PNW doesn't continue to be backlogged by only having the Bellevue SC. Hopefully my Q2 24 moves up in Q4 time frame.
You do realize that Portland is part of the PNW. There are 2 SC's there (Portland and Tualatin). They are both severely backed up 2+ month waits though.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
@tjp74 I wouldn’t hold off on securing loan, they advised me similar and the truck was at the SC in less than a week. Getting the loan squared away delayed my delivery by almost a week (was using local CU, wasn’t able to use Plaid mechanism, then missed FedEx deadline and had to reschedule delivery). It will happen faster than you think once you have vin and are in 8-steps. Time to get excited!

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

@tjp74 what's your VIN range?
Sponsored