Sponsored

Welp, destroyed my mobile charger

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I assume this was reasonably "clean" fresh water? We're not talking seawater or really mineral or silt heavy lake or river water? If so, I agree with what everybody else has said: Desiccant and charger in a sealed container for several days and you'll probably be ok.

In a past life I went on a number of scuba diving trips with a focus on underwater photography. Someone's camera housing flooded on a dive. Thankfully for them it happened on the descent and their camera was not powered on. They ascended, immediately opened the housing, removed the camera's battery, and then proceeded to rinse the camera thoroughly with fresh water. I'm talking opened every port cover, battery compartment, card slot, etc. and flushed them with water from a tap. The reason was simple: Salt is corrosive. You don't want ANY salt staying around. But guess what? After drying for a few days the camera worked perfectly. I think I even heard an update that it was still going strong 6 months later. If they hadn't flushed it completely, that might not have been the case.
Sponsored

Colorado87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo xc40
If you don’t use it while wet it will probably be fine. How to tell it is fully dry is another question!