Sponsored

Weird sound - anyone heard this?

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Over the past few days I have had this sound inside my R1T play intermittently. If I go on a 15 minute drive, it will generally play once when I'm first starting out and again about halfway through. It's something coming through the sound system and is a bit ominous - like something is warning me that a failure is imminent. However, there are no messages on the display and everything is working fine.

I called up support this morning and emailed them this audio clip so I'm hoping they will be able to tell me what kind of diagnostic issue is represented by this noise. The sound even happened while I was on the phone with them but they weren't able to hear it.

I also have started hitting the hazard button when the sound plays so that it will mark the occurrence for support.

WeirdSound
Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
That's pretty freaky. I get what I think is a disconnect/reconnect Alexa sound when switching from wifi to LTE when first driving, but it is more crisp than this.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Are you using your phone as a key? Do you get this sound if you turn bluetooth off and use the fob or key cards? My thought process is maybe it's just some weird notification sounds from some app on your phone.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I am pretty sure I heard that and thought it was my phone playing something through the speaker, but I'm not sure. I'm on an iPhone so if you aren't, that would kill that theory.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I am on iPhone and use phone as key. I suppose it *might* be something the phone was playing but I've never heard that sound outside of the Rivian and I haven't heard any other sounds except the one sound I assume is the phone's bluetooth connecting (I haven't been able to capture that one yet).

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Just used my camp speaker for the first time ... Could it be that? You might try redocking it, or leave it at home and see if you still hear the sound.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
Just used my camp speaker for the first time ... Could it be that? You might try redocking it, or leave it at home and see if you still hear the sound.
This

camp speaker is buggy and goes in and off in the doc. That sound is the speaker running out of battery cuz it s not charging and sleeping in the dock.

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This

camp speaker is buggy and goes in and off in the doc. That sound is the speaker running out of battery cuz it s not charging and sleeping in the dock.
Interesting thanks! I will try to confirm.

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Sounds as if Rivian is trying to emulate Tesla's Emission Testing mode.

Lakor1t

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Mercedes ML350
Occupation
Engineering Product Manager
Did you end up finding that it was the camp speaker?

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Did you end up finding that it was the camp speaker?
I'm about 98% sure it was the camp speaker. I haven't heard the sound since. I did end up taking out the camp speaker and charging it up fully, and then putting it back in so we will see...I also spoke to a Rivian Support tech who said that yes the sound would play through the Rivian speakers when the speaker was docked which is what I was surprised about.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Today I just started getting a strange sound coming out of the speakers every couple minutes. I do not have Bluetooth enabled on the vehicle or on my phone.

Anybody know what this is? It gets louder when I adjust the volume of the music.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Today I just started getting a strange sound coming out of the speakers every couple minutes. I do not have Bluetooth enabled on the vehicle or on my phone.

Anybody know what this is? It gets louder when I adjust the volume of the music.

That means you have an Alexa/Amazon notification, like a package delivery. Ask Alexa to read your notifications.
Sponsored