First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Another LE R1S sold for 6 figures (103k) just this week on cars and bids! :)
True. But, I think the location (San Francisco) was a huge factor. But, yeah, if you have a vehicle a few miles from folks with a lot of cash, you're going to do better than someone in Kansas, where the car is most likely shipping to someone with a lot of cash.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
R1T sales show that these prices will drop as soon as supply catches up with demand like it is starting to do with R1T. My concern is many R1T are sitting on sites like cars.com at way below current MSRP for long periods of time.

I wonder what Rivian would offer on a trade for a new one actually?

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
As an aside, as this is a R1S thread ... my service guy said that the Brooklyn DC had been shipping R1Ts back to the plant. It was his understanding that sales of the truck were just stronger in the Midwest and West. That said, when you decide to eat a transportation charge to get trucks out of the NYC area ... that can hardly be construed as a positive.

A further aside, the service guy's R1T was an early production (or pre-production) model with the original Ocean Coast wood trim. So, glad to finally see what this looked like in person.

Last edited:

Revvian

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Q7
Clubs

True. But, I think the location (San Francisco) was a huge factor. But, yeah, if you have a vehicle a few miles from folks with a lot of cash, you're going to do better than someone in Kansas, where the car is most likely shipping to someone with a lot of cash.
Yet another one crossed 6 figures on bidding, and this one is in Atlanta ;) I guess LEs still have the potential!

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
R1T sales show that these prices will drop as soon as supply catches up with demand like it is starting to do with R1T. My concern is many R1T are sitting on sites like cars.com at way below current MSRP for long periods of time.

I wonder what Rivian would offer on a trade for a new one actually?
I just picked one up, 6 months old, 5k miles and roughly 15k under the price of building a new one in the same spec (plus has auto Tonneau on the used one). It had been on there for a little bit I think.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I just picked one up, 6 months old, 5k miles and roughly 15k under the price of building a new one in the same spec (plus has auto Tonneau on the used one). It had been on there for a little bit I think.
Congrats and let the fun begin!! Lots of fun for the money for sure!

Whatever_this_is

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Occupation
Consultant
On carsandbids, most recent 3 R1S bid to under 90k with RSVP around 95k if ordered today, does this signal a demand problem at current prices? As a post price hike reserve, I’m hoping prices would go down a bit as supply chain issues is no longer an excuse for the bumped up price, thoughts?

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

On carsandbids, most recent 3 R1S bid to under 90k with RSVP around 95k if ordered today, does this signal a demand problem at current prices? As a post price hike reserve, I’m hoping prices would go down a bit as supply chain issues is no longer an excuse for the bumped up price, thoughts?
I would say supply is catching up with demand. The same thing happened with R1T. R1T actually go for a little less than new MSRP now. I picked up my 23 R1T for just under 85. MSRP from Rivian for my truck was 88,500. Truck had 220 miles on it.

We have an R1S pre order in with the old prices locked. I expect prices to correct more in the next few months.

No reason to pay six figure prices...just throwing money away. Is the truck worth it....yes I think these trucks are worth a lot more but I wouldn't pay that for it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not as much of a demand problem as Tesla lowering their prices like a dozen times this year.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
There’s more supply out there now and continues to be. Prices for used ones will come down. Thankfully many of us have pre March 1st pricing so it’s not an issue for us yet.

Sponsored

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
I am currently the highest bidder on a R1S on CarsAndBids and it's at $83,000. Launch Edition white/white with 22"s. It has a reserve but I am almost certain that it's higher than $83 and that someone else will come in and bid prior to the ending in 30 minutes. If not, that's an incredibly LOW price for the car.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I am currently the highest bidder on a R1S on CarsAndBids and it's at $83,000. Launch Edition white/white with 22"s. It has a reserve but I am almost certain that it's higher than $83 and that someone else will come in and bid prior to the ending in 30 minutes. If not, that's an incredibly LOW price for the car.
Hey, 83,500 is a good deal too.
Rivian R1T R1S Weird inversion in R1S auction prices vs list prices 1690570013112

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Phew...someone did bid higher :)
Interesting, they were in the mid 80s for final bids for 2 weeks (7/7-7/21) but the last 3 were over 90k

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

C and B has that 4.5% buyers fee also. Location may play a role too. I would think Launch green would bring the most bc you can't order a new one with that color.
Sponsored