Sponsored

Weird home charging behavior - door handles stay presented at home?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
1 week in and noticing this behavior for the past few nights. At “home” location my R1T keeps my door handles presented unless I manually lock the vehicle. They never fold in. Is this a setting I am missing or an error in behavior?

Also, I am getting multiple charging errors at home. For example, last night it charged to full during my scheduled time of use charging, stopped, and then, because I assume the car is not going to sleep it vampire drained down slightly, and when the car recognized it was under 70% it tried to charge again and I got an error message this morning. I’m at 69% this morning.
Photo below of what I walked out to in the garage door handles out red charging error. Help!

I should mention using PAAK on both our phones but not close enough to impact and fob is in house away from truck.

Rivian R1T R1S Weird home charging behavior - door handles stay presented at home? F4497CBD-2108-487B-80C9-E52C2AF0B767

Rivian R1T R1S Weird home charging behavior - door handles stay presented at home? 35694EC2-3272-4AEA-BF65-23CDF466D288
Sponsored

Giovanni46

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That normal behavior for the door handles if your proximity locking is set to Away From Home Check your Proximity Locking setting.
Rivian R1T R1S Weird home charging behavior - door handles stay presented at home? 1678457170531

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
That normal behavior for the door handles if your proximity locking is set to Away From Home Check your Proximity Locking setting.
1678457170531.png
Thank you, this is helpful. It wasn't 100% clear how this setting would work. I turned it off and the proximity locking started working again. I may keep it off and just know I have to do it manually at home. I suppose as long as the vehicle goes to sleep even with the handles presented it should be fine.

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
It does and it doesn't...go to sleep that is. If you're using PAAK, then walking into the garage initiates a "discussion" between your phone and the Rivian (evidenced by a flash of the rear lights), no matter that proximity lock is set to off. It also doesn't matter that the Rivian app is closed. I've read elsewhere that the only way to stop this is to set "location services" on your phone to only be active for the Rivian app when the app is open. I haven't tried this, but it's something to keep in mind.
Sponsored