Sponsored

"We'd Love to Hear From You" - Rivian Survey

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Got the 'We Want to Hear from you' and they most definitely heard from me.
Now we will see how they react to it.
I wish I got one.

Bit it’s good thst at least two other Canadians have received this survey. Maybe this means they’ll do something, anything to provide some kind of update.

it’s not the waiting. I can deal with that. It’s the radio silence.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stickyfingers

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
I wish I got one.

Bit it’s good thst at least two other Canadians have received this survey. Maybe this means they’ll do something, anything to provide some kind of update.

This is exactly what I told them on the survey - the dismal comms - Tony was supposed to do better but it's the same same.

OP
OP
stickyfingers

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I wish I got one.

I also gave feedback regarding that. The information I do receive when I receive it is awesome, but for the most part I get radio silence. I can't even see what open tickets I have with them and what the status is. I had to email my guide yesterday as I have been waiting close to 2 months on my spare tire and have heard nothing.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Why ask for formal feedback like this when they can just read the forums? They’re going to get sunshine or everything they could have learned here. Maybe just stats?

…and given where they are in production this seems low on the priority list.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why ask for formal feedback like this when they can just read the forums? They’re going to get sunshine or everything they could have learned here. Maybe just stats?

…and given where they are in production this seems low on the priority list.
Presumably they’re capturing info from people who don’t use these forums

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Completed it yesterday.

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
What’s wrong with the app? Have you used the Volvo or vw app? If comparing it to Tesla, yes it’s not amazing, but it is 100x better than some other apps out there.
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Rivian is an EV with proprietary software, UI, map, has it's own charger, no Car Play, etc. A working (and top notch) app is much more necessary for Rivian than a standard manufacturer.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Rivian is an EV with proprietary software, UI, map, has it's own charger, no Car Play, etc. A working (and top notch) app is much more necessary for Rivian than a standard manufacturer.
I think it's a more than fair comparison. I'm specifically comparing the phone applications for the actual vehicle from Volvo/VW for their pure EVs....iD.4 and C40/XC40 Recharge (I'm specifically referencing these models since I have personal experience with them and their phone apps).

Car Play has no impact on the phone application....if I'm in the vehicle, I'm not using my phone app and using the actual UI of the vehicle. Everyone was throwing a fit about no CarPlay for the Volvo EV's and then it finally came, but I actually do not like to use it. I'd rather use the native UI and then just have Waze running on my phone.....this is where Rivian has work to do with the mapping/navigation.

I definitely agree Rivian has work to do to catch Tesla for their phone app features/use/etc, but Rivian is lightyears ahead of at least VW/Volvo for their EV phone apps.

I can't speak/comment on the Rivian application for the at home EVSE, since I do not have/want a Rivian at home EVSE. There are no RAN chargers near me, so I can't comment on those either.

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I wish I got one.

Crash, I got one and relayed "our" disappointment for the lack of communications and treating us like the red-headed step child... (can't even order from the shop and ship up here).

Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S "We'd Love to Hear From You" - Rivian Survey Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 15.01.55

Damn. I guess they no longer want people's opinions... a short 3 days after sending it out.

OP
OP
stickyfingers

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
It was likely all negative (from Rivian's POV) but constructive feedback from my POV. We all want our trucks but it would be nice not to be kept in the dark. "Under promise and over deliver" not "over promide and under deliver". Come on Tony.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I wish I got one.

I got one too (Aug '21 preorder). My feedback was pretty simple - no way to rate anything for us Canadians since we don't know anything.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was likely all negative (from Rivian's POV) but constructive feedback from my POV. We all want our trucks but it would be nice not to be kept in the dark. "Under promise and over deliver" not "over promide and under deliver". Come on Tony.
its probably even dumber than that. If heard using a 3rd party to do the survey, a lot of them charge by how many responses there are. So your survey only has so much capacity. Source: my own experience arguing with cheap management people about spending money. 🫠

I got one too (Aug '21 preorder). My feedback was pretty simple - no way to rate anything for us Canadians since we don't know anything.
I’d imagine that’s the response they’ve had from all their Canadian preorders who were lucky enough to get the survey.
i preordered July ‘21.
Sponsored