"We'd Love to Hear From You" - Rivian Survey

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I think the Volvo app has WAY more features. But for the limited features that the Rivian app has (basically just lock/unlock, parking climate, range, and odometer) the Rivian app is more responsive.

I really liked the send-address-to-vehicle feature and trip log features that Volvo had.
That is the Volvo app for the Sensus vehicles and not the Google based systems. The Volvo app for the XC40 recharge is a jokeā€¦..very very limited.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That is the Volvo app for the Sensus vehicles and not the Google based systems. The Volvo app for the XC40 recharge is a jokeā€¦..very very limited.
I'm of the opinion that Sensus is actually better than Volvo's AAOS implementation, at least for now. AAOS has potential, but what Volvo launched with was bad. Still isn't great. It's mind boggling how many features Sensus and the Volvo on Call app had that AAOS doesn't.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Iā€™m actually not so sure theyā€™re going to love hearing from me right now.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Iā€™m actually not so sure theyā€™re going to love hearing from me right now.
If they didn't expect to receive some constructive criticism, they wouldn't bother asking.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Just to clarify, it looks like the email has been received by both people who have, and have not yet taken delivery?

I did not receive anything from Rivian... but I did receive something from Chevrolet today, lol. Not a peep about my Silverado EV preorder since day 1.... but this email told me my Trade In is worth more than ever right now. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I'm of the opinion that Sensus is actually better than Volvo's AAOS implementation, at least for now. AAOS has potential, but what Volvo launched with was bad. Still isn't great. It's mind boggling how many features Sensus and the Volvo on Call app had that AAOS doesn't.
I canā€™t argue with this. One thing I do love about the AAOS setup is the Google for voice/navigation. You can ask Google to navigate just about anywhere and it finds the address and automatically pulls everything up, so you donā€™t have to touch anything.

I have tried to get Alexa to navigate places. I get a long silence and then it basically tells me I canā€™t find that in the Rivian. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m not doing something correct or Alexa is just that badā€¦..I got spoiled by Google in the Volvo.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
No email. Will be interesting to see who gets one and who doesnā€™t

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Got the 'We Want to Hear from you' and they most definitely heard from me.
Now we will see how they react to it.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Got the survey. Filled it out.

Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I gave the Truck high scores overall but kinda regret not going lower on that. I think I gave a 3/10 on infotainment citing lack of carplay/aa and/or apps that are critical to my experience. I also gave I think a 6 on the web/app question citing a lack of methodology to input bug reports and feature requests.

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Also received it. Gave high marks, then middling for infotainment (I don't care about car play or AA honestly), but then acting like they're going to have some critical mass for amazing apps and innovation and infotainment is kind of laughable at 25-50k deliveries a year. Unless you have a million users or so in the US high-end consumers, you're not even close to being worth a developers time. It'll be waaayy too long of a road to how to get what they need from 3rd parties.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Also received it. Gave high marks, then middling for infotainment (I don't care about car play or AA honestly), but then acting like they're going to have some critical mass for amazing apps and innovation and infotainment is kind of laughable at 25-50k deliveries a year. Unless you have a million users or so in the US high-end consumers, you're not even close to being worth a developers time. It'll be waaayy too long of a road to how to get what they need from 3rd parties.
My hope is that Android Automotive apps just work on it or work with small tweaks and Rivian can get more apps through licensing agreements and not necessarily development effort. As a Windows Phone fan back in the day I've seen this all before and I really hope history doesn't repeat itself here. Of course the app need for infotainment isn't as high as mobile so getting the rest of the top music apps might be enough. Maybe it wasn't Carplay that Tim Cook and RJ were talking about at Sun Valley but Apple Music.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I received it as a February 2021 pre order holder with no truck yet. I told them I am excited about the product as I have been able to drive one but communication on timelines could be improved.