• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Other Location Want to buy early R1S reservation

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
I am interested in actually getting to use my early R1S reservation. Maybe that's just me?

I have a bunch of friends and family that are getting Mach-e's and iD4's (etc.) and they say - "I thought you ordered an EV? What happened? They are great!"

I say I ordered one before you even considered any EV as a realistic option, but Rivian won't make any to sell me. Super fun.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I am interested in actually getting to use my early R1S reservation. Maybe that's just me?

I have a bunch of friends and family that are getting Mach-e's and iD4's (etc.) and they say - "I thought you ordered an EV? What happened? They are great!"

I say I ordered one before you even considered any EV as a realistic option, but Rivian won't make any to sell me. Super fun.
Stay strong

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Once again, it's not allowed and the reservation would be canceled by Rivian. Guides have been instructed to look into changes of name, etc.. that indicate a swap and deny the pre-order.

You'd have to have the person buy the car and then sell it to you, at which point the starting price is $30k over MSRP minimum.
I
I'm OK with that premium. But is it 100% guaranteed that those orders get canceled now? That certainly wasn't the way it was a few months ago. And even with Tesla you can sneak things through all the time depending on how their loss prevention team feels that day.
I don't think anyone knows if it is 100%. Have we had any evidence of people trying. As a data point, I bought a reservation off someone in November. Obviously back then it was easier to transfer the name and address through the site. When I finalized the order in early May, the guide said nothing about the change in name or address.

Granted it is much harder today, but with some smooth talking, it still might be possible.

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
Maybe you should call the Out of Spec Kyle dude. He seems to have parlayed a tragic sense of style and a Doug from the movie Up attention span into skipping 40k to 50k people in the reservation line.

Rivian R1T R1S Want to buy early R1S reservation Unknown

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

That's the spirit

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Maybe you should call the Out of Spec Kyle dude. He seems to have parlayed a tragic sense of style and a Doug from the movie Up attention span into skipping 40k to 50k people in the reservation line.

Unknown.jpeg

I HAD TO SKIP THE LINE TO GET THE VIEWZ ON THE TUBEZ!!! SORRY NOT SORRY!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I

I don't think anyone knows if it is 100%. Have we had any evidence of people trying. As a data point, I bought a reservation off someone in November. Obviously back then it was easier to transfer the name and address through the site. When I finalized the order in early May, the guide said nothing about the change in name or address.

Granted it is much harder today, but with some smooth talking, it still might be possible.
How expensive were they then?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

About $5k for an early LE. Someone offered me an early (Nov 2018) non-LE reservation for $1000. Wish I had taken that one as well.
Those were some good times.
Sponsored