Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hi
Cannot hold my excitement. Need to share. Preorderd R1S Adv package Compass yellow with OC in nov 2020. Friends made fun of me to choose a sub by looking at internet picture and on top of it an yellow . I just went to my gut feeling and never thought one day it will become reality . Even my wife took it easy thinking that I won't buy it. When Rivian started delivering last year that's where it hit me that my SUV can be reality soon. My wife started do we really need it ,When I got guide assigned in Jan ,I was so excited but then she said delivery will be still in July to Sept 2023 timeframe. All the excitement had to go back to bed. Guide said CY with oc is rare so it might take some time .she suggested to change colors if I needed fast but my mind and soul was stuck to compass yellow with ocean coast decided to wait. Finally on March 11 th I got email that ,Lets Go.. 8 steps opened up . I dont remember when was last time I got excited that much . Jumped on it completed couple steps. Asked guide when can be delivery she said it can still take 6-8 weeks. Finally schedule delivery opened up on March 15 th and giving me option to pick up on March 18 at Richmond VA. Completed all the formalities and getting wall charger installed in that short notice was a challenge.

Finally when I arrived at Richmond Rivian center to take delivery, I must tell you I was blown out. Compass yellow exceeded my expectations. Even the delivery lady said she saw it first time in R1s. From taking delivery to drive back home it was getting better every moment. My friend came with me to Richmond ,He already made reservation for GLS Mercedes which is June delivery. He was also very impressed with Rivian quality and ride. From that moment it's only flexing moments only. Its such a nice feeling. Color is turning heads . It's not the bright yellow as it looks in pictures. It's kind mellow yellow.and ocean coast is so refreshing. Everything is paid attention to details. My wife and kids are so happy after seeing the SUV in that color. I remember talking to my wife about changing to RJ blue after Jan but again my mind and soul was stuck to compass.yellow so sticked to it.
My friend who came with me msg'd me that he put a reservation for R1s, he is rethinking about GLS 650.
As far reviews go I am still not there yet . So far what ever I saw and felt is absolutely top of the line
Rivian R1T R1S Wait is over. Picked up Compass Yellow R1S beauty after 2.5 years 20230318_174851

Rivian R1T R1S Wait is over. Picked up Compass Yellow R1S beauty after 2.5 years 20230318_154146

Rivian R1T R1S Wait is over. Picked up Compass Yellow R1S beauty after 2.5 years 20230318_143525
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hi
Cannot hold my excitement. Need to share. Preorderd R1S Adv package Compass yellow with OC in nov 2020. Friends made fun of me to choose a sub by looking at internet picture and on top of it an yellow . I just went to my gut feeling and never thought one day it will become reality . Even my wife took it easy thinking that I won't buy it. When Rivian started delivering last year that's where it hit me that my SUV can be reality soon. My wife started do we really need it ,When I got guide assigned in Jan ,I was so excited but then she said delivery will be still in July to Sept 2023 timeframe. All the excitement had to go back to bed. Guide said CY with oc is rare so it might take some time .she suggested to change colors if I needed fast but my mind and soul was stuck to compass yellow with ocean coast decided to wait. Finally on March 11 th I got email that ,Lets Go.. 8 steps opened up . I dont remember when was last time I got excited that much . Jumped on it completed couple steps. Asked guide when can be delivery she said it can still take 6-8 weeks. Finally schedule delivery opened up on March 15 th and giving me option to pick up on March 18 at Richmond VA. Completed all the formalities and getting wall charger installed in that short notice was a challenge.

Finally when I arrived at Richmond Rivian center to take delivery, I must tell you I was blown out. Compass yellow exceeded my expectations. Even the delivery lady said she saw it first time in R1s. From taking delivery to drive back home it was getting better every moment. My friend came with me to Richmond ,He already made reservation for GLS Mercedes which is June delivery. He was also very impressed with Rivian quality and ride. From that moment it's only flexing moments only. Its such a nice feeling. Color is turning heads . It's not the bright yellow as it looks in pictures. It's kind mellow yellow.and ocean coast is so refreshing. Everything is paid attention to details. My wife and kids are so happy after seeing the SUV in that color. I remember talking to my wife about changing to RJ blue after Jan but again my mind and soul was stuck to compass.yellow so sticked to it.
My friend who came with me msg'd me that he put a reservation for R1s, he is rethinking about GLS 650.
As far reviews go I am still not there yet . So far what ever I saw and felt is absolutely top of the line
20230318_174851.jpg

20230318_154146.jpg

20230318_143525.jpg
Time to get it dirty..... let's go camping šŸ•

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
Hi
Cannot hold my excitement. Need to share. Preorderd R1S Adv package Compass yellow with OC in nov 2020. Friends made fun of me to choose a sub by looking at internet picture and on top of it an yellow ........
How about pics with doors open. Need to see that color combination. It is super rare.

OP
OP
novar1sguy

novar1sguy

First Name
venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Will get them today. And upload .

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC
Great to see another unicorn out thereā€¦.eagerly awaiting delivery of ours. šŸ˜Ž 4+ year clubā€¦wait almost over. Glad to hear your thoughts on the CY/OC and canā€™t wait to see your interior picts!

Sponsored

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

She's a beaut indeed šŸ˜

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
The yellow and black accents complement each other really well. Congratulation!

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€™19 X5 40i, ā€™07 X5 4.8, ā€™98 M Roadster
Yes, more photos. - looks amazing...

I'm thinking ... Team ... creamsicle ...

Sub'd

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Oh man, that looks so good. I canā€™t wait to get mine. I may have screwed myself when I decided to add the RUS a few weeks ago.

my delivery was April/May, now itā€™s processing estimate. My Guide doesnā€™t think it will push me back that far. I do t know why itā€™s so difficult to just add the RUS to planned builds. Oh well, getting what my heart wants.

I am glad you stuck with Yellow. We are a rare breed.

I have already named mine The Lorax.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Looks great! I love seeing that CY R1S are starting to get delivered. Our R1S got bumped to Q4 this year, which sucks because we really want to swap out or Model S before something else expensive breaks.

But I'm glad more people are getting them who have been waiting. We love our CY R1T and wouldn't change colors for anything. The longer we have it, the more we love the color.

OP
OP
novar1sguy

novar1sguy

First Name
venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Oh man, that looks so good. I canā€™t wait to get mine. I may have screwed myself when I decided to add the RUS a few weeks ago.

my delivery was April/May, now itā€™s processing estimate. My Guide doesnā€™t think it will push me back that far. I do t know why itā€™s so difficult to just add the RUS to planned builds. Oh well, getting what my heart wants.

I am glad you stuck with Yellow. We are a rare breed.

I have already named mine The Lorax.
That's nice name. But trust me yellow R1S will makes you so proud. I will post some more pictures once my excitement cools down

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
Unique and awesome build. Congrats!

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Congrats! Can't wait to see you on the roads. What area of NOVA?

OP
OP
novar1sguy

novar1sguy

First Name
venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer