Sponsored

WAG: Is RJ planning a "Reveal/1st Deliveries" Party?

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
We know RJ likes keeping details secret, and that Rivian culture follows that mantra.

So, is he planning a "big event" where all will be revealed? Will it include the first customer deliveries in Launch Green? Is that why Launch Green is a secret?

Where will such an event take place? Irvine, Michigan, or Normal? And when might it happen? (I'm voting for Sunday, June 6th)

Are they (oh so very secretly) arranging with those first customers to have them present to take delivery (basically sight unseen)?

I'm curious if such a planned event helps to explain their reticence in revealing anything.
Sponsored

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
They better not be planning something like that. I want as much information/interaction as possible regarding these vehicles prior to finalizing any sort of contract.

I know a lot of other ppl with buy sight unseen, but i need a test drive and thorough walk through before moving forward on a 75k purchase.

I'm already hesitant about going forward on a gen 1 vehicle, but perhaps the test drive could wow me enough to going forward with my LE config.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
My guess is that more detailed info on much of what we’ve been asking for will be released well before the start of deliveries.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I will not finalize my LE without seeing and test driving.

Not going to spend 75k+ in a first edition vehicle from a brand new company. Tbc, I like Rivian but not mad enough to spend 75k+ without seeing the vehicle in person.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I can't see "big events" being socially acceptable in time for the R1T launch. They might have a small ceremony with key people, but the COVID situation is not yet conducive for large Tesla-style launch events. However, if they were to hold such an event, Normal seems like the most logical place.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I can't see "big events" being socially acceptable in time for the R1T launch. They might have a small ceremony with key people, but the COVID situation is not yet conducive for large Tesla-style launch events. However, if they were to hold such an event, Normal seems like the most logical place.
Or their Chicago Facility, as it is relatively close to the factory in a hip urban setting.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
So, is he planning a "big event" where all will be revealed? Will it include the first customer deliveries in Launch Green? Is that why Launch Green is a secret?
Zero percent chance of this happening, IMO.

Possibility of big Virtual reveal, I suppose. But based on their track record of information release strategies, that also seems unlikely.

I'd expect to simply continue to receive tidbits of new info via partner press releases, social media teases, and eventually a big website update. If we're really lucky, we might actually receive a direct email from them regarding test drives and other key info.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Not having any pictures of LG is intentional and a pretty strong indication they are planning some kind of a reveal.

They could do it in Texas since COVID is done there and there are no more mask requirements or any other restrictions ? .

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
At the rate things are going here in TX (handling of covid, electric, etc), I think our current government would rather see us all die than allow vehicle purchases outside the dealership model.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
They could do it in Texas since COVID is done there and there are no more mask requirements or any other restrictions
I'm not missing the sarcasm here, but I'm all for that idea...bring it on!

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I want to state that I am happy with the recent flurry of communications from Rivian. The long weekend and cold weather testing were well aspirational first and informational second.

I am as anxious as everyone on this forum and have been Vocal that Rivian is making a mistake by not nurturing their base more effectively.

That being said, I want to give kudos and recognize improvement. Showing cold weather testing and RECONFIRMING June delivery were really important to me as much of the manufacturing world continues to experience supply chain delays.

It's time to start talking test drive and final details, I am somewhat mollified but its time to talk TURKEY!

I see it going like this,
  1. All vehicle technical details revealed
  2. we finalize config in a non binding purchase agreement
  3. schedule test drive
  4. Finalize contract
  5. Get delivery date
  6. Take delivery at Retail location/factory/home delivery
We should already have 1 and 2
I would argue we should have 3 as well but I am trying to be reasonable.

My two cents.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I want to state that I am happy with the recent flurry of communications from Rivian. The long weekend and cold weather testing were well aspirational first and informational second.

I am as anxious as everyone on this forum and have been Vocal that Rivian is making a mistake by not nurturing their base more effectively.

That being said, I want to give kudos and recognize improvement. Showing cold weather testing and RECONFIRMING June delivery were really important to me as much of the manufacturing world continues to experience supply chain delays.

It's time to start talking test drive and final details, I am somewhat mollified but its time to talk TURKEY!

3. schedule test drive
  4. Finalize contract
  5. Get delivery date

My two cents.

*puts on my CS Hat* You will be able to access those details very soon!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S

3. schedule test drive
  4. Finalize contract
  5. Get delivery date

My two cents.
For me only 3 and and to some degree 1 (in that order) have any relevance at this stage of the process.

We've already done a non-binding configuration, and absolutely no way to finalize it before a test drive.

Nothing else matters if we don't find the vehicle comfortable and the fit finish, UI, etc acceptable. Videos are OK, but Physically seeing and experiencing an actual production spec vehicle and driving it is the next step. Everything is on hold (for me) until that is available.

My wife test drove the Model Y and didn't like it (doesn't really matter why). That made price, charging time, warranty, range, and everything else irrelevant. The same will be true for the Rivian.
Sponsored