LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So Rivian's not participating at the LA show? ?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
So Rivian's not participating at the LA show? ?
Rivian isn't doing any Auto Shows.
They are allocating resources to the First Mile events instead.
Would you rather they do static displays on the Auto Show circuit?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

God forbid that I'd like to see Rivian do BOTH things.

I mean they can park at least one, if not more R1T's at the beach in Venice (maybe 20 miles from the show) but cannot take at least one to the LA show for 3 or 4 days? I guarantee they'd get about 10,000% more people to see it and become curious about it than the setup by the beach will do. The biggest interest there will be how many homeless people can squeeze into the frunk, gear tunnel and under the bed tonneau cover.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

God forbid that I'd like to see Rivian do BOTH things.

I mean they can park at least one, if not more R1T's at the beach in Venice (maybe 20 miles from the show) but cannot take at least one to the LA show for 3 or 4 days? I guarantee they'd get about 10,000% more people to see it and become curious about it than the setup by the beach will do. The biggest interest there will be how many homeless people can squeeze into the frunk, gear tunnel and under the bed tonneau cover.
Perhaps that isn't their goal. They probably want to grass roots/slow burn until production ramp-up, rather than accumulating orders that will wait 1+ years, enough time for people to become disinterested and drop out.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'm picking up on a persistent theme that Rivian's doing themselves a favor by laying-low, avoiding the spotlight, etc. Not meaning to ding anyone here but that's an absurd business approach. I know the IPO puts them in the "cone of silence" right now but this turtle in the shell posturing describes Rivian from way back when.

Here's a crazy idea. Spend a few $million of the past Billions in fund raising and buy a 1-minute Superbowl 2022 ad. Now that would be the kind of thing a company that wants to make a splash would do. Apple and Steve Jobs circa 1984 with their "1984 spoof" ad comes to mind. Apple wasn't ready to sell zillions of products then either but sure caught lots of public attention that never really waned.
Sponsored