Sponsored

Virginia Electric Vehicle Rebate Program (Tax Code: 45.2-1728)

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Does anyone know if Rivian qualifies for the Virginia EV Rebate which started on 1/1/2022?
Its in the tax code 45.2-1728 here Code of Virginia Code - Article 8. Electric Vehicle Rebate Program

states:
" A. Beginning January 1, 2022, a resident of the Commonwealth who purchases a new electric motor vehicle from a participating dealer shall be eligible for a rebate of $2,500. A qualified resident of the Commonwealth who purchases such vehicle shall also be eligible for an additional $2,000 enhanced rebate. "

So, is Rivian considered a "participating dealer"? And, if so, any idea how this works?
Sponsored

JoeBama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
First, I don't believe they have voted yet to implement the funding for these rebates. Also, from the same code:

"Electric motor vehicle" means a two-axle motor vehicle with a base price of not more than $55,000 that uses electricity as its only source of motive power. "Electric motor vehicle" includes fuel cell electric vehicles."

The MSRP on both the R1T and R1S exceed the $55K base price quoted above.

I will be moving to VA next month so I have been doing research into this rebate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
twinprice

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Oh well! Thanks for the research! Now I just need my R1S and then I won't care about some silly rebate! :cool:
Sponsored