Sponsored

VIN Over 10K - Any Issues Like Early VINs?

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Mine doesn't really have too many unexpected issues but I have a couple (11xxx)

- A couple dust nibs in clearcoat noticeable under garage light, at least they're not under the base coat it looks like. My truck was held for a paint correction on right rear quarter and it was mostly good but there is one small scratch only covered by clear. I don't intend to follow up for a 'fix' because it seems like it would be more difficult to remediate correctly than it's worth.

- Charge port door was misaligned and rubbed paint off the door (plastic panel), asking for a fix.

- Panel alignment is mostly good, except where front quarterpanel meets the door on passenger side is a bit off, it's not terrible and nothing is interfering or making noticeable noise so if it can't just be bent in a little I can live with it.

Everything inside looks good and correct, again most of the outside is good (at least to the level I'd expect from a new car/new car company, there is orange peel but that's on everything these days.) No issues with major systems like the drive, battery, suspension, or fitment and function of doors, tonneau, tailgate, etc, and those are really my major concerns because that would seem like the most expensive fix.

My passenger window failed 2 days later and that is the most annoying thing right now because I can't get it tinted/xpel'd until that's fixed, and it's been raining here (feels like computer/programming issue not the hardware but I can't remediate it myself). The other stuff I guess I'm just not super bothered because it just feels like the early adopter tax and the price of getting the preorder discount. If someone offered me 20k off to take a car on the lot with these minor issues I'd do it every time.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
My 12xxx vin has two known issues so far:
1) PAAK won’t pair after numerous tries during delivery and via support.
2) Camp Speaker seems locked in placed.

let me know if anyone has tips or tricks for either.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
New fun things to discover....

- One of the doors wasn't tightened to it's hinge, this was FUN!
- Found 2 plastic rivets underneath the truck..no idea where they came from.
- Hood flaps in the wind above 70mph.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
My 12xxx vin has two known issues so far:
1) PAAK won’t pair after numerous tries during delivery and via support.
2) Camp Speaker seems locked in placed.

let me know if anyone has tips or tricks for either.
Just to make sure...

Is the camp speaker locked even after you unlocked it from the settings menu? Or is it greyed out for you?

I would try a left & right button soft reset for that one. A soft reset fixed a bunch of random things for me. A hard reset fixed some more..but I still have some issues - like not being able to store my mirror settings and defaulting to all the way in and down every time the driver profile changes.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Just to make sure...

Is the camp speaker locked even after you unlocked it from the settings menu? Or is it greyed out for you?

I would try a left & right button soft reset for that one. A soft reset fixed a bunch of random things for me. A hard reset fixed some more..but I still have some issues - like not being able to store my mirror settings and defaulting to all the way in and down every time the driver profile changes.
Yes delivery and support had me try those things. I may try again on my own, but so far getting used to the slow fob.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Yes delivery and support had me try those things. I may try again on my own, but so far getting used to the slow fob.
Did you receive the wristband key (if so, how is that working) and your spare tire or are those being delivered at a later date?

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Did you receive the wristband key (if so, how is that working) and your spare tire or are those being delivered at a later date?
I’m Adventure edition so no wristband for me. Spare came with the truck. Crossbars came 3 days after via UPS. Floor mats still tbd.
Sponsored