VIN out of order?

Condor

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1S
What are the R1S VIN’s at? Did they start at 0 or are they part of that numbering sequence? Just wondering what current number of R1S builds is…?
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
A lot of time build quality is subjective.

In 2016 I picked up my Tesla Model S, I had no issues with the build quality and I am the one who wrote the check for the car. My brother-in-law saw like 10 things that he said would drive him crazy, my guess is it was just a short trip.

My point is, same car, 2 different sets of eyes with drastic different takes on the build.

6 years later, have had great luck with the car and still consider it one of my favorite vehicles. Now if I could just get my R1S….
It totally is. I know that for me I don't expect perfect unless it's a show car and I'm paying for perfect. The Rivian is a production vehicle, there might be some minor gapping or not 100% perfect stuff. That's just how it works. Some people expect a Rolls Royce for Rivian money and that's just not going to happen. Those people need to ask themselves why a Rolls costs 300+ when it's not the most technologically advanced car out there.

They charge, and get, that money because each one is executed flawlessly.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

What are the R1S VIN’s at? Did they start at 0 or are they part of that numbering sequence? Just wondering what current number of R1S builds is…?
R1S VINs are separate from R1T VINs. The latest VIN I've heard for R1S is mid-2000s.

BourboNole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green/Forest Edge R1T on 21s
Just as another example, I received my 59XX Vin in August when most people were taking delivery of 10,0XX vins. So far I have developed some of the common issues (tonneau, tocking & front passenger droop) but otherwise the truck has been great.

bearcats513

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Maverick, Chevrolet Bolt
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
1T2022

1T2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T3YR1T
Clubs

Shocking! Everything disappeared from my account. I already completed driver license, trade-in title etc. Now the truck is gone. No VIN etc.
Rivian is really strange ....

OP
OP
1T2022

1T2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T3YR1T
Clubs

Talked to my guide. She said it was due to I add the manual tonneau. Now it re-appears, same truck.
Sponsored