First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
What is plugged into the 12v outlet under the center screen?
All of the vehicles out there seem to have an emergency STOP button like this. Part of driving a test EV I suppose...
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

All of the vehicles out there seem to have an emergency STOP button like this. Part of driving a test EV I suppose...
Apparently, you don't buy into my earlier story about it being the "MILD (Mother-In-Law Deletion) switch". Maybe after what Lordstown went through during their test drive, Rivian Engineers came up with the "D.E.L.E.T.E." button. It must trigger a high-grade fire extinguisher. In this case "D.E.L.E.T.E." stands for Don't Emulate Lordstown Endurance Truck Explosion.

Hopefully, such a safety device makes it to production.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Regardless of the quality of the images and videos I have to say I think it looks AMAZING!

I've had faith and still do that this vehicle will have a premium feel to it that other EV truck manufacturers aren't going to replicate any time soon.

Kinda like comparing of the Audi GT E-Tron to the Tesla Model S. Both great vehicles, but we all know which one has that extra special feel once you're inside of it.

That's yet another big way the Rivian R1T will outshine the competition.

Last edited: