First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Lucky guy gets a ride with his neighbor who works at Rivian. Pictures of the UI screenshotted by @lg3103 and @Autolycus

Screenshots by @lg3103

First time seeing the controls on the steering wheel in detail. Tried to get the best picture from the Twitter video. The other frames are mostly blurry.
some details visible in the UI, large display is vehicle settings. Seems RIDE is set to stiff, Break Regen to High and Stability on reduced. The other setting seems to be auto hold.

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls 70ee71e2-875a-4f58-a536-09b67affb175-

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls 5d1c9eaa-7f4a-4340-af3e-2545e9f86890-

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls 1a0b44e9-e759-4f4b-abba-4c4cb856f7b0-

Screenshots by @Autolycus

I grabbed a couple screenshots now as well, but I couldnā€™t really pick out any that were clearer. Hereā€™s one from the passenger seat that shows the top bar a little better, but itā€™s still pretty poor quality. Youā€™ll see if after the rest of my text.

Anybody got guesses on the different elements across the top and bottom? Or on what scale might be on the right side? ā€œLowestā€ seems to be selected. Perhaps the suspension height?

It looks like there are some modes, including ā€œAll purposeā€, ā€œsportā€, ā€œoff roadā€, ā€œengineeringā€ (which could be just a test mode that end users canā€™t access), and 2 others I canā€™t make out. The other 2 are greyed out. The lower one looks like maybe a battery icon? Maybe thatā€™s an eco mode?

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls 21879a0d-4df6-4d0d-9ea0-2b7b6d0e6524-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls ec42572b-2474-4b94-8a00-20bf6ee5c7f2-jpe
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This guy is *the worst* videographer ever. Lol

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Someone needs to make some good screenshots of the UI elements and interior details before those videos get pulled! :D

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Watching the "0-60" video is funny. If he truly did 0-60 in 3 seconds while getting on the freeway from a curved on ramp, much respect! He has bigger cajones than I.

But, like so many of these internet videos...not possible. No way can you do 0-60 in 3 seconds while turning.

Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
First time seeing the controls on the steering wheel in detail. Tried to get the best picture from the Twitter video. The other frames are mostly blurry.
some details visible in the UI, large display is vehicle settings. Seems RIDE is set to stiff, Break Regen to High and Stability on reduced. The other setting seems to be auto hold.

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls 70EE71E2-875A-4F58-A536-09B67AFFB175

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls 5D1C9EAA-7F4A-4340-AF3E-2545E9F86890

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls 1A0B44E9-E759-4F4B-ABBA-4C4CB856F7B0

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I grabbed a couple screenshots now as well, but I couldnā€™t really pick out any that were clearer. Hereā€™s one from the passenger seat that shows the top bar a little better, but itā€™s still pretty poor quality. Youā€™ll see if after the rest of my text.

Anybody got guesses on the different elements across the top and bottom? Or on what scale might be on the right side? ā€œLowestā€ seems to be selected. Perhaps the suspension height?

It looks like there are some modes, including ā€œAll purposeā€, ā€œsportā€, ā€œoff roadā€, ā€œengineeringā€ (which could be just a test mode that end users canā€™t access), and 2 others I canā€™t make out. The other 2 are greyed out. The lower one looks like maybe a battery icon? Maybe thatā€™s an eco mode?

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls 21879A0D-4DF6-4D0D-9EA0-2B7B6D0E6524

Rivian R1T R1S Videos & Pics: Lucky R1T Ride With Rivian Employee Neighbor Shows UI and Controls EC42572B-2474-4B94-8A00-20BF6EE5C7F2

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The other 2 are greyed out. The lower one looks like maybe a battery icon? Maybe thatā€™s an eco mode?
I think the one below off road is towing, and the icon looks like a trailer.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
While I love the screenshots of the UI, I really just find it sad that we don't have any details of what the screen can do or what apps can run on it, and were two months out from deliveries...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
While I love the screenshots of the UI, I really just find it sad that we don't have any details of what the screen can do or what apps can run on it, and were two months out from deliveries...
I would accept a "this is beta and things are subject to change" video.

I find it more alarming that we don't even have a list of basic features that Rivian will commit to provide via infotainment. For example, we've see evidence of Spotify support, which probably makes someone happy... But I hate Spotify and I want to use Apple Music. Rivian refuses to say whether they will or will not support my preference for music service. Why? Even if the software isn't ready, yet, shouldn't they at least know what features they're planning for? Even if it was a disappointing answer, such as "we have no plans to support Apple Music at this time" they could give that information.

Sponsored

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
I would accept a "this is beta and things are subject to change" video.

I find it more alarming that we don't even have a list of basic features that Rivian will commit to provide via infotainment. For example, we've see evidence of Spotify support, which probably makes someone happy... But I hate Spotify and I want to use Apple Music. Rivian refuses to say whether they will or will not support my preference for music service. Why? Even if the software isn't ready, yet, shouldn't they at least know what features they're planning for? Even if it was a disappointing answer, such as "we have no plans to support Apple Music at this time" they could give that information.
I am with you. Given the lack of CarPlay, I am not hopeful.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
What is plugged into the 12v outlet under the center screen?

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
What is plugged into the 12v outlet under the center screen?
That would be the emergency eject button for when things get a bit too adventurous!

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Sad that this close to launch this is what we have to look at...
Sponsored