Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Lucky guy gets a ride with his neighbor who works at Rivian. Pictures of the UI screenshotted by @lg3103 and @Autolycus

Screenshots by @lg3103

First time seeing the controls on the steering wheel in detail. Tried to get the best picture from the Twitter video. The other frames are mostly blurry.
some details visible in the UI, large display is vehicle settings. Seems RIDE is set to stiff, Break Regen to High and Stability on reduced. The other setting seems to be auto hold.

70ee71e2-875a-4f58-a536-09b67affb175-png.png

5d1c9eaa-7f4a-4340-af3e-2545e9f86890-png.png

1a0b44e9-e759-4f4b-abba-4c4cb856f7b0-png.png

Screenshots by @Autolycus

I grabbed a couple screenshots now as well, but I couldn’t really pick out any that were clearer. Here’s one from the passenger seat that shows the top bar a little better, but it’s still pretty poor quality. You’ll see if after the rest of my text.

Anybody got guesses on the different elements across the top and bottom? Or on what scale might be on the right side? “Lowest” seems to be selected. Perhaps the suspension height?

It looks like there are some modes, including “All purpose”, “sport”, “off road”, “engineering” (which could be just a test mode that end users can’t access), and 2 others I can’t make out. The other 2 are greyed out. The lower one looks like maybe a battery icon? Maybe that’s an eco mode?

21879a0d-4df6-4d0d-9ea0-2b7b6d0e6524-jpeg.jpg

ec42572b-2474-4b94-8a00-20bf6ee5c7f2-jpeg.jpg

Advertisement

Autolycus

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Someone needs to make some good screenshots of the UI elements and interior details before those videos get pulled! :D

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Honda CR-V, Corvette Z06
Watching the "0-60" video is funny. If he truly did 0-60 in 3 seconds while getting on the freeway from a curved on ramp, much respect! He has bigger cajones than I.

But, like so many of these internet videos...not possible. No way can you do 0-60 in 3 seconds while turning.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Min Countryman SE
Occupation
Director
First time seeing the controls on the steering wheel in detail. Tried to get the best picture from the Twitter video. The other frames are mostly blurry.
some details visible in the UI, large display is vehicle settings. Seems RIDE is set to stiff, Break Regen to High and Stability on reduced. The other setting seems to be auto hold.

70EE71E2-875A-4F58-A536-09B67AFFB175.png

5D1C9EAA-7F4A-4340-AF3E-2545E9F86890.png

1A0B44E9-E759-4F4B-ABBA-4C4CB856F7B0.png

Autolycus

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I grabbed a couple screenshots now as well, but I couldn’t really pick out any that were clearer. Here’s one from the passenger seat that shows the top bar a little better, but it’s still pretty poor quality. You’ll see if after the rest of my text.

Anybody got guesses on the different elements across the top and bottom? Or on what scale might be on the right side? “Lowest” seems to be selected. Perhaps the suspension height?

It looks like there are some modes, including “All purpose”, “sport”, “off road”, “engineering” (which could be just a test mode that end users can’t access), and 2 others I can’t make out. The other 2 are greyed out. The lower one looks like maybe a battery icon? Maybe that’s an eco mode?

21879A0D-4DF6-4D0D-9EA0-2B7B6D0E6524.jpeg

EC42572B-2474-4B94-8A00-20BF6EE5C7F2.jpeg

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The other 2 are greyed out. The lower one looks like maybe a battery icon? Maybe that’s an eco mode?
I think the one below off road is towing, and the icon looks like a trailer.

MisterTea

Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
While I love the screenshots of the UI, I really just find it sad that we don't have any details of what the screen can do or what apps can run on it, and were two months out from deliveries...

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
While I love the screenshots of the UI, I really just find it sad that we don't have any details of what the screen can do or what apps can run on it, and were two months out from deliveries...
I would accept a "this is beta and things are subject to change" video.

I find it more alarming that we don't even have a list of basic features that Rivian will commit to provide via infotainment. For example, we've see evidence of Spotify support, which probably makes someone happy... But I hate Spotify and I want to use Apple Music. Rivian refuses to say whether they will or will not support my preference for music service. Why? Even if the software isn't ready, yet, shouldn't they at least know what features they're planning for? Even if it was a disappointing answer, such as "we have no plans to support Apple Music at this time" they could give that information.

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
I would accept a "this is beta and things are subject to change" video.

I find it more alarming that we don't even have a list of basic features that Rivian will commit to provide via infotainment. For example, we've see evidence of Spotify support, which probably makes someone happy... But I hate Spotify and I want to use Apple Music. Rivian refuses to say whether they will or will not support my preference for music service. Why? Even if the software isn't ready, yet, shouldn't they at least know what features they're planning for? Even if it was a disappointing answer, such as "we have no plans to support Apple Music at this time" they could give that information.
I am with you. Given the lack of CarPlay, I am not hopeful.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Retired
What is plugged into the 12v outlet under the center screen?

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Volvo V60, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Sad that this close to launch this is what we have to look at...

Advertisement

Advertisement