First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
You should be able to change settings based on regional descriptions- ‘skiff’ for New England, ‘gully-washer’ for the south, etc…
Also for when the UK Market is a thing they'll need "Pee'n Doon" ? From what I remember hiking the Scottish Highlands..it's somewhere between Sprinkle and Drizzle.
Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
OFFTOPIC:
I really wish these pedestrian and other vehicle animations would go away, and be replaced by something more static, like an icon that represents "pedestrians ahead". None of the implementations of these visualizations I've seen (this or Tesla's) have been very good, and I'm not sure what the point is?
Movement more likely to catch your attention I imagine. Also easier to identify a busted sensor.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Also for when the UK Market is a thing they'll need "Pee'n Doon" ? From what I remember hiking the Scottish Highlands..it's somewhere between Sprinkle and Drizzle.
…cats and dogs, Ithacate…

Deleted member 3282

Thanks for posting, but holy crap are we desperate for info. This post will probably get thousands of views and dozens of opinions.
Yes! So excited to see the UI for the wiper settings!!! More evidence for what I’ve been saying all along. The R1T WILL have windshield wipers! Mic ? drooped.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Rivian R1T R1S Video: scrolling through Rivian windshield wiper options - sprinkle, drizzle, shower, downpour and storm EFECF67D-4C05-4AB3-ABF7-D9953BA4C189

Since there is an automatic wiper option(the A with the circle around it), shouldn’t we be able to just select that option and not have to worry about scrolling through the other options. Are automatic wipers usually pretty good at adjusting, based on the level of rain?

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
EFECF67D-4C05-4AB3-ABF7-D9953BA4C189.png

Since there is an automatic wiper option(the A with the circle around it), shouldn’t we be able to just select that option and not have to worry about scrolling through the other options. Are automatic wipers usually pretty good at adjusting, based on the level of rain?
I like my automatic wipers. Some vehicles have better implementations than others. On my auto wipers I still have the option to adjust the frequency, which is nice.

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

Ahh... Now it makes sense. In this specific scenario they were showing that they are easily able to track objects, ANY objects, but because it wasn't raining they were not able to demonstrate the rain drop tracking. Put the wipers on Auto and it will choose the path with the least amount of rain, zig zagging around rain drops as needed.

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer

My Tesla is pretty bad at determining when to wipe the windshield because it is relying on one little view. A bare car in normal summer rain (not a sun shower!) is ok, but once you do anything 'weird' (like use a roof box, drive in winter, etc), the auto wipers on my Model 3 suck. And because you can only adjust the speed etc via touch screen, it's actually super annoying about 9 months of the year in my climate. (You can adjust speed via voice command too, but that is much slower than a stalk... and only works when you have cell service. I live in the mountains and reception is spotty.)
Sponsored