Last edited by a moderator:

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Thanks for posting, but holy crap are we desperate for info. This post will probably get thousands of views and dozens of opinions.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

OFFTOPIC:
I really wish these pedestrian and other vehicle animations would go away, and be replaced by something more static, like an icon that represents "pedestrians ahead". None of the implementations of these visualizations I've seen (this or Tesla's) have been very good, and I'm not sure what the point is?

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

OFFTOPIC:
I really wish these pedestrian and other vehicle animations would go away, and be replaced by something more static, like an icon that represents "pedestrians ahead". None of the implementations of these visualizations I've seen (this or Tesla's) have been very good, and I'm not sure what the point is?
But isn't the point to show you whence they come and whither they go? (If not, I don't really care, I just wanted to be able to use whence and whither ; - )

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks for posting, but holy crap are we desperate for info. This post will probably get thousands of views and dozens of opinions.
And it will be that way as long as Rivian continues to sprinkle out information little by little while we wait for the downpour . . .

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
And it will be that way as long as Rivian continues to sprinkle out information little by little while we wait for the downpour . . .
Extra points for the pun!

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
OFFTOPIC:
Could be a way to show that the Machine Learning and the cameras are detecting everything that they are supposed to be detecting, and to assure you that it is doing its job detecting objects in regard to the Driver+ capabilities.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I was hoping for more of a storm of deliveries.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I don't understand why we see these on social media instead of rivian.com. ugh, not sure what's going on anymore.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Could be a way to show that the Machine Learning and the cameras are detecting everything that they are supposed to be detecting, and to assure you that it is doing its job detecting objects in regard to the Driver+ capabilities.
This is exactly it. The object detection routines are running anyway. Why not use their data as part of the visualization. It is essentially free data.

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
At least with Tesla it accomplishes exactly the opposite. Items shown on the display are so inaccurate that it is a constant reminder that you had better be paying attention because the car hasn't got a clue what is going on out there.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Please tell me you don't need to use the screen to turn on the wiper? :(

How do you quickly wash the windscreen, etc?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Please tell me you don't need to use the screen to turn on the wiper? :(

How do you quickly wash the windscreen, etc?
There's a stalk.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
You should be able to change settings based on regional descriptions- ‘skiff’ for New England, ‘gully-washer’ for the south, etc…