Mister Person

Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
OFFTOPIC:
I really wish these pedestrian and other vehicle animations would go away, and be replaced by something more static, like an icon that represents "pedestrians ahead". None of the implementations of these visualizations I've seen (this or Tesla's) have been very good, and I'm not sure what the point is?

OldGoat

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline Audi etron Sportback
OFFTOPIC:
I really wish these pedestrian and other vehicle animations would go away, and be replaced by something more static, like an icon that represents "pedestrians ahead". None of the implementations of these visualizations I've seen (this or Tesla's) have been very good, and I'm not sure what the point is?
But isn't the point to show you whence they come and whither they go? (If not, I don't really care, I just wanted to be able to use whence and whither ; - )

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
OFFTOPIC:
Could be a way to show that the Machine Learning and the cameras are detecting everything that they are supposed to be detecting, and to assure you that it is doing its job detecting objects in regard to the Driver+ capabilities.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicles
Hummer H1, Lotus Elise, Fusion Energi platinum
Occupation
Equipment Manager
And it will be that way as long as Rivian continues to sprinkle out information little by little while we wait for the downpour . . .
I was hoping for more of a storm of deliveries.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Acura RDX
Occupation
Business Owner
I don't understand why we see these on social media instead of rivian.com. ugh, not sure what's going on anymore.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Could be a way to show that the Machine Learning and the cameras are detecting everything that they are supposed to be detecting, and to assure you that it is doing its job detecting objects in regard to the Driver+ capabilities.
This is exactly it. The object detection routines are running anyway. Why not use their data as part of the visualization. It is essentially free data.

sub

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Chevy Suburban
At least with Tesla it accomplishes exactly the opposite. Items shown on the display are so inaccurate that it is a constant reminder that you had better be paying attention because the car hasn't got a clue what is going on out there.

pc500

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicles
dodge ram
Please tell me you don't need to use the screen to turn on the wiper? :(

How do you quickly wash the windscreen, etc?

Gator42

Reaction score
Vehicles
New Defender
You should be able to change settings based on regional descriptions- ‘skiff’ for New England, ‘gully-washer’ for the south, etc…

Advertisement

Advertisement