First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I really enjoyed the commentary. At least for me, this laid to rest the whole CP vs AA debate, because I analyzed how I listen to music. I already have Amazon Music and Tidal HiFi. In my two Ford's, I always just ask Alexa to play music and I already had Tidal selected by default. If for some reason Tidal doesn't have my selection, I just ask to use Amazon Music. Everything just showed up on screen, because I have Amazon Auto app in both our cars. The times I did try to use AA, it felt really clunky and in the way of all the other onscreen functions I needed to use. I imagine I'm in the minority, since I really won't use an Iphone either (although I nearing 1000 shares).

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Great video, @Iwantatesla! As you were talking about the vent controls, I was wondering if there are specific Alexa voice commands that move them. Like if you say I'm feeling cold, does Alexa turn on the heat and move the vents towards you if they weren't facing you to begin with? Or vice versa, if you want to move the air away from you? This would go a long way towards mitigating one of my gripes with the lack of physical vent controls. I fiddle with my vents at least once per car ride.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Great information @Iwantatesla ! If you ever speak with your Guide, I'd be curious to know if you can purchase additional different-sized wheels from Rivian? In my case I want to run both the 22" and the 20"s on the R1S, depending on usage. My chat with CS online was useless for this question. Thanks in advance, and glad you're enjoying your new toy!

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Great information @Iwantatesla ! If you ever speak with your Guide, I'd be curious to know if you can purchase additional different-sized wheels from Rivian? In my case I want to run both the 22" and the 20"s on the R1S, depending on usage. My chat with CS online was useless for this question. Thanks in advance, and glad you're enjoying your new toy!
My Guide has told me that this isn't currently an option.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Well, while I'm on this topic of 22"'s vs 20"s, if my math is correct, the total height of the 22"s with 275/50 tires is 32.82". The total height of the 20"s with 275/65 tires is 34.07", for a difference of 1.25". I noticed on the "About" screen of the R1T that it specifically notes the AT 20" tires equipped in this instance. Does anyone know/think that the selectable suspension height settings are programmed by Rivian to adjust for this 1.25" difference in total height of wheels/tires for the different sized wheels?
Rivian R1T R1S Video: Rivian R1T [Owner's] Review Impressions After 4 Weeks! IMG_4578

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Man I need to find an emptier road next time. My commentary was all jumbled because I was multi tasking
I don't think it is yet. I'm sure it'll be different once they are fully ramped.

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
Well, while I'm on this topic of 22"'s vs 20"s, if my math is correct, the total height of the 22"s with 275/50 tires is 32.82". The total height of the 20"s with 275/65 tires is 34.07", for a difference of 1.25". I noticed on the "About" screen of the R1T that it specifically notes the AT 20" tires equipped in this instance. Does anyone know/think that the selectable suspension height settings are programmed by Rivian to adjust for this 1.25" difference in total height of wheels/tires for the different sized wheels?

Last edited:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Yesterday I asked about full size spare for R1S. CS didn’t know. Checked with someone and later responded in email that they WILL sell additional wheels but not yet. No info on the timing of when it will be available.
Sponsored