Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Rivian being painted Compass Yellow in the paint shop.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Interesting detail I noticed: the gear tunnel doors seem to be (temporarily) mounted to the bed rails so that the paint robots have easy access to them. That’s a cool solution to that. Once the truck gets to general assembly, I’m sure workers just remove them and attach them to the actual gear tunnel.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting detail I noticed: the gear tunnel doors seem to be (temporarily) mounted to the bed rails so that the paint robots have easy access to them. That’s a cool solution to that. Once the truck gets to general assembly, I’m sure workers just remove them and attach them to the actual gear tunnel.
I've seen similar tricks on other car paint lines, such as BMW putting the gas cover door in the window.

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Rivian in paint shop - posted by RJ Scaringe ? 1626233766317

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
That might be a good sign for the 3 Compass Yellow pre-orders! They'll get those run through all at once to expedite production.;)

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
That might be a good sign for the 3 Compass Yellow pre-orders! They'll get those run through all at once to expedite production.;)
Well then, I should check my email.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager

And here I thought they just dipped everything from Primer to Clear coat?!? So the Dip Tanks are only for the Primer process?!? Lame. ???‍♂

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That's me!

I have two theories as to how yellow may actually get me an early delivery (as non-LE):
  1. The scarcity of yellow orders may mean that Rivian might do yellow early-ish just to bang them out rather than get stuck on a common color for months of production.
  2. The LE preorders of yellow may be so small that when Rivian retools for yellow, it may be worthwhile to do some/all of the non-LE yellow preorders at the same time.
C'mon RJ, while you're doing those 3 yellow LEs, what's one extra yellow non-LE :please:

boneil1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Does this mean some deliveries are just days away? I can't imagine it taking more than a couple days to complete a vehicle on an assembly line, but I wouldn't know.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
And here I thought they just dipped everything from Primer to Clear coat?!? So the Dip Tanks are only for the Primer process?!? Lame. ???‍♂
Dip tanks are only used to clean and e-coat the body of the truck/car. Each coat after that is sprayed.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Lame comment, lol. Quality automotive color/finish paints are sprayed, not dipped.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Is this limestone?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
If the yellow paint on the brake calipers matched the Compass Yellow body color, you would have a winner there, but from what I can tell from the horrible configurator, one is French’s Mustard and the other one Beer Mustard—it’s not a good combo.
Sponsored